B2B question

Terab85

We just booked a B2B in April on the Mardi Gras.  I understand each port/ship might have a different way of handling people either getting off and back on or checking in with customer service.  What are peoples experience with this?  Also, we usually start our on board account with a gift card.  Would we have to do that for each leg of the trip or would it carry over for the second leg?  TIA for any details.

First of all do you have the same cabin on both legs? You have to completely close out your first cruise, so nothing carries over. The second cruise will have different S&S cards and a new folio. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, coevan said:

First of all do you have the same cabin on both legs? You have to completely close out your first cruise, so nothing carries over. The second cruise will have different S&S cards and a new folio. 

Yes we were lucky to be able to book the same cabin.    Gotcha!  Thank you for the information.  I assume we can just go down to Guest Services on the first day of our second cruise and add our gift card then?

having the same cabin is awesome. You do not have to move anything. Near the end of your first cruise you will get instructions on the B2B procedures. Generally all B2B guest will meet somewhere like the MDR. We were offered Mimosas and sparkling wine. You all exit the ship together and due a cursory customs check and will be issued new S&S cards. Unless you're Platinum, guest services will be a zoo at embarkation, wait until evening or the next day. The weirdest part is the time between you board and the new guests board, everything is closed. We chilled on the Serenity deck. Our bartender from the previous week came and got us when he opened, pretty cool.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Well, no one here will be able to specifically answer about the Mardi Gras. Assuming its a US port, you will meet, clear immigration, and reboard. You will be given directions the night before.

I figured that but wanted to see what the experience has been on other ships. Thanks!

14 minutes ago, coevan said:

having the same cabin is awesome. You do not have to move anything. Near the end of your first cruise you will get instructions on the B2B procedures. Generally all B2B guest will meet somewhere like the MDR. We were offered Mimosas and sparkling wine. You all exit the ship together and due a cursory customs check and will be issued new S&S cards. Unless you're Platinum, guest services will be a zoo at embarkation, wait until evening or the next day. The weirdest part is the time between you board and the new guests board, everything is closed. We chilled on the Serenity deck. Our bartender from the previous week came and got us when he opened, pretty cool.

Great information.  Thanks! That seems to be the same info (about cursory customs check and then back on).  Do we re-board before everyone else, even diamond/platinum?  We figured we'd go back to our room and chill since we won't need our room cleaned.  If we got right back on board, could we hit the guest services then or are they closed at embarkation?  

Its treated as two separate accounts. Money will not carry over. I dont remember about guest services but I think there is someone there when you go back up. Around that time the system will switch over to the new cruise also, then when someone is available at guest services, they can take care of your need. 

Keep in mind that there are workers in the terminal that already have access to the booking. Ask when you do the walk down if they can take care of it while you're in the terminal depending  on how early they walk you through. If it's already busy, just head back up with your group. Worst case scenario is you will be first in line at guest services on the ship.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lottacruises said:

Its treated as two separate accounts. Money will not carry over. I dont remember about guest services but I think there is someone there when you go back up. Around that time the system will switch over to the new cruise also, then when someone is available at guest services, they can take care of your need. 

Keep in mind that there are workers in the terminal that already have access to the booking. Ask when you do the walk down if they can take care of it while you're in the terminal depending  on how early they walk you through. If it's already busy, just head back up with your group. Worst case scenario is you will be first in line at guest services on the ship.

Perfect!  Thank you!  I can't wait for Mardi Gras to sail so I can get feedback.  I figure someone will be doing a b2b on her before us.  I'll make sure to have our gift cards with us just in case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terab85 said:

Great information.  Thanks! That seems to be the same info (about cursory customs check and then back on).  Do we re-board before everyone else, even diamond/platinum?  We figured we'd go back to our room and chill since we won't need our room cleaned.  If we got right back on board, could we hit the guest services then or are they closed at embarkation?  

There will be no benefit in boarding for Plats and Diamonds. You will be aboard an hour before new guests board. Your room might be cleaned already when you return. We have had as few as 10 B2B guests and almost 100 on a journeys cruise. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, coevan said:

There will be no benefit in boarding for Plats and Diamonds. You will be aboard an hour before new guests board. Your room might be cleaned already when you return. We have had as few as 10 B2B guests and almost 100 on a journeys cruise. 

Will be so nice not having to worry about waiting for bags and unpacking.  Told DH we get to even sleep in since we're usually up early on debarkation day so we can get off the ship as early as possible.  We can even have breakfast in the morning since we never do that on debarkation day 👍.  We have friends coming on for the second leg. 

Oh.. another question...  Do you know if we buy alcohol on our first leg, say in Cozumel.  They would usually drop off in your cabin the night before the end of the cruise.  Can we keep and use that alcohol for our second leg??

4 hours ago, Terab85 said:

Oh.. another question...  Do you know if we buy alcohol on our first leg, say in Cozumel.  They would usually drop off in your cabin the night before the end of the cruise.  Can we keep and use that alcohol for our second leg??

Can't be sure that it was explicitly Carnival, but our experience has been that you are flagged as B2B and everything (including onboard shop) is held until you actually disembark.

I see nothing to stop you from handing your next-door cabin neighbors $50 to buy something for you before they leave after the first week.

gary

Edited by gtaylor

7 hours ago, gtaylor said:

I see nothing to stop you from handing your next-door cabin neighbors $50 to buy something for you before they leave after the first week.

gary

That's a great idea.  Thanks Gary!  We have friends that might be with us on the first leg, so definitely could hit them up.

11 hours ago, Terab85 said:

Will be so nice not having to worry about waiting for bags and unpacking.  Told DH we get to even sleep in since we're usually up early on debarkation day so we can get off the ship as early as possible.  We can even have breakfast in the morning since we never do that on debarkation day 👍.  We have friends coming on for the second leg. 

Sleeping in can be a problem unless you have earplugs.  there is always noise in the corridors, and sometimes you hear announcements in the cabin about debarkation groups.  As for breakfast, it starts earlier on debarkation day, and ends earlier, usually about 0830.  Then nothing is available until noon.  You could breakfast and leave the ship early, do an excursion, and come back in the afternoon.  They will give you an 'in transit' card so you can avoid the lines when reboarding.  EM

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Sleeping in can be a problem unless you have earplugs.  there is always noise in the corridors, and sometimes you hear announcements in the cabin about debarkation groups.  As for breakfast, it starts earlier on debarkation day, and ends earlier, usually about 0830.  Then nothing is available until noon.  You could breakfast and leave the ship early, do an excursion, and come back in the afternoon.  They will give you an 'in transit' card so you can avoid the lines when reboarding.  EM

Good point about sleeping in.  We have a fan in our room, so hopefully that'll help with the noise.  I didn't realize breakfast ended so early.  I know some of the ships have their dining rooms open for breakfast on debarkation day.  Wonder how the Mardi Gras will do it.    We plan to go hang out in Serenity or somewhere else on the ship and just enjoy.

1 minute ago, coevan said:

the debarkation announcements were overwhelming, sleeping is not possible and we have ear plugs. They serve breakfast on the lido deck until 9-9:30. 

Perfect!  Does anyone know if they would do room service that morning?  I'm guessing not but I'm going to make sure I have some stuff in the rooms refrigerator just in case.

1 minute ago, jmcancruise said:

No room service is not done that day.  BTW on one cruise we were the only b2bs onboard.  We were treated like royalty.

I figured no, but you never know since we've never done one.  We usually keep extra yogurts & milk in our refrigerator for a quick breakfast before debarkation, so we should be good.  I'm hoping the MDR is open for breakfast that morning (We saw that on our Sunshine cruise).

• 7 months later...
On 6/23/2020 at 5:10 PM, Terab85 said:

We just booked a B2B in April on the Mardi Gras.  

Are you still doing B2B on the Mardi Gras in April 2020? We are on the April 2 and April 9 sailings - our first B2B. Just wondering if we will be in the same B2B group!