Place to store luggage near dock/ferry in Papeete?

Petoonya

17 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Realize this has been answered before but can't find.

Anyone?

Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Realize this has been answered before but can't find.

Anyone?

Thanks.

The Tahiti Nui Hotel has been known to take luggage but they will charge a fee. Of course the airport has a luggage place as well.

There was going to be a new storage place in the new cruise ship facility but it hasn't been built yet though they cleared the land for it. My guess that will be several years off due to the C-19 situation. 

I have done this two ways:

1) Stored my luggage for a week a Fare Suisse for free, with a paid one night stay at this B&B. I did this so I didn't have to haul luggage to Bora Bora and back.

2) Used the boot of my Avis rental car to store luggage between the 9 am disembarkation and my midnight flight home. We went driving around Tahiti and had dinner at the food trucks at night before going to the airport around 10:00 pm

P.S. I've used luggage hero in Europe. They book luggage storage all over the world at hotels, taverns, retail stores, etc. They don't presently list any partners in Papeete. But they are a good company to know about in general.

There's a bagbnb in Papeete.  (Google it). I haven't used them yet, but plan to on my next cruise so I can look around the market before I take the ferry to Moorea without dragging my luggage around.  It seems they are inside a cafe.  You make a reservation online then they disclose their exact location.  They charge $6 per bag for a 24 hour period.  https://radicalstorage.com/luggage-storage/papeete/manuho-e/luggage-storage-papeete-ferry-terminal?dropOff=2020-06-24T17:15:05-10:00&pickUp=2020-06-24T23:15:05-10:00&bags=2

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kbr said:

There's a bagbnb in Papeete.  (Google it). I haven't used them yet, but plan to on my next cruise so I can look around the market before I take the ferry to Moorea without dragging my luggage around.  It seems they are inside a cafe.  You make a reservation online then they disclose their exact location.  They charge $6 per bag for a 24 hour period.  https://radicalstorage.com/luggage-storage/papeete/manuho-e/luggage-storage-papeete-ferry-terminal?dropOff=2020-06-24T17:15:05-10:00&pickUp=2020-06-24T23:15:05-10:00&bags=2

Great info  .... thanks for posting

17 hours ago, kbr said:

Whoa!!!! That's exactly what I needed. Just somewhere to leave our stuff from disembarkation to when we check into our condo at 2pm. Thanks sooooooo much. Just what I needed. What so many of us need!

We will most likely be using it in February, assuming the world gets itself settled back down and WS sails!  Will let you know how it works out, exactly where they're located and if you really need to make a reservation in advance or not.  The reviews seem like it's an excellent option!  Will see!

• 3 weeks later...

@kbr

Know it's a long while to wait and a lot has to come together before we can all be confident that we're going to cruise. But really will be watching for your cruise review- and details about Radical Storage. Thanks!