Losing faith in Princess

28 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

I do hope for your sake it goes ahead and they don’t cancel but would be interested to know how far in advance they cancel if the worst happens

Cheers Carole

I think they'll cancel before the revised final payment date ie 21st July. I'm considering cancelling just after the 14th if they haven't, just to make things easier. I booked with an FCD so that should just go back on our Princess account. If by a miracle it did go ahead I could probably pick up a last minute deal anyway.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Did they tell him how he was going to get to Singapore?

He has flights in the deal supposedly.

12 hours ago, christodan said:

They have had the 30 day payment date for October cruising for a while. So your friend didn't need to pay the balance two days ago. They should have checked.

Wishful thinking on his part I'm afraid. He doesn't have access to the internet and unfortunately believed what the TA told him including how well PO was handling the current situation. I think they may only offer FCC.

6 minutes ago, valantine80 said:

He doesn't have access to the internet and unfortunately believed what the TA told him including how well PO was handling the current situation. I think they may only offer FCC.

That TA should be hauled over the coals for that deception.

It's a pity we can't name and shame.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

If there is one thing I learnt in life is that you just can't believe what people tell you unfortunately. A lot of people have a half-@rsed attitude. My MIL has not been very impressed with her TA and even told them she will use me to book future holidays, as she said I can get her a better deal than they can!

On 6/25/2020 at 6:01 PM, Elorac123 said:

Lol, done exactly that Chiliburn, ,will be cruising the Hervey Bay watching the Whales in August.

Porcha is not allowed.

Cheers Carole

Is that a dog or cat in the pic?   I have just returned from the Griffith area, changed a bit since I was last in the MIA about 20 years ago.  I am going to do a little road trip every month to support the natives in NSW, Victoria. I want to get up to Qld to see my brother and sister, but they won't open the gates for me.🤑

50 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Is that a dog or cat in the pic?   I have just returned from the Griffith area, changed a bit since I was last in the MIA about 20 years ago.  I am going to do a little road trip every month to support the natives in NSW, Victoria. I want to get up to Qld to see my brother and sister, but they won't open the gates for me.🤑

That is Porcha ,she’s a Belgian Shepherd ,only 9 months old there but around 5 now she is my Grandog.I am also waiting impatiently now for our border to open

Cheers Carole

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

That is Porcha ,she’s a Belgian Shepherd ,only 9 months old there but around 5 now she is my Grandog.I am also waiting impatiently now for our border to open

Cheers Carole

This is my grand dog...9 year old lab, the owner my eldest grandaughter has been up at James Cook Uni @ Townsville for 5 years, doing her Veterinary Science degree.  Disregard my fat gut, too many trips to the Horizon Court Buffets on ye olde Princess ships, remember them? 

Les and Bindi   Jan 2018.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

They have had the 30 day payment date for October cruising for a while. So your friend didn't need to pay the balance two days ago. They should have checked.

I have to make the balance payment for my end October P&O (UK) cruise in the middle East.

my online US travel agent said that the balance payment due will be taken automatically from my credit card in July, around 3 months earlier.

If this process is automatic, will they do it automatically in September only?

Or do I need to phone the agent and tell him to take the money only 30 days prior to the sailing date?

Except that P & O emailed me about a fortnight ago and asked if I would like to make a payment for a cruise in November. I emailed back and said why, when the balance is not due until September and I don't know if it will go ahead?  I felt like they thought I had no idea about the situation. If they wanted more money they should have offered an incentive like HAL did ( $250 OBC).
Wow that's incredible. Kindly tell us the details about HAL offering you 250 dollars for making full payment in advance

9 minutes ago, drsel said:

I have to make the balance payment for my PO cruise end October.

my online US travel agent said that the balance payment due will be taken automatically from my credit card in July, around 3 months earlier.

If this process is automatic will they do it automatically in September only?
or do I need to phone the agent and tell him to take the money only 30 days prior to the sailing date?

You need to discuss that with the TA. They obviously have different rules to the cruise line itself so you may need to negotiate a later payment date. IMHO it is not acceptable to expect final payment that far in advance with the current state of the pandemic.

2 hours ago, NSWP said:
4 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

This is my grand dog...9 year old lab, the owner my eldest grandaughter has been up at James Cook Uni @ Townsville for 5 years, doing her Veterinary Science degree.  Disregard my fat gut, too many trips to the Horizon Court Buffets on ye olde Princess ships, remember them? 

Love  Labradors, you’ve probably earned the right to have a gut.

Cheers Carole 

Edited by Elorac123
No words
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Porcha is unique looking dog. 

Ha ha, she really is, the breed is a herding dog and also used by the forces, but the only thing she herds is my 3 year old great grand daughter and friends, she likes to keep them all together, comical to watch as she gives them a nudge.

Cheers Carole

4 hours ago, drsel said:

Wow that's incredible. Kindly tell us the details about HAL offering you 250 dollars for making full payment in advance

I've paid a deposit for HAL for next year in Europe. And then I got an email with some options. Pay in full and get 10% off the full cruise fare and $250 OBC. Pay $750 and get $250 OBC. Or pay an extra $250 for $50 OBC. I figured that as I have cancel for any reason insurance that I could take the gamble and pay more towards it, i.e. I only paid an extra $750, not the total.

However, for P&O to contact me when a)  I booked the cruise online myself and b) offer nothing for paying in advance was pretty rich.

I've paid a deposit for HAL for next year in Europe. And then I got an email with some options. Pay in full and get 10% off the full cruise fare and $250 OBC. Pay $750 and get $250 OBC. Or pay an extra $250 for $50 OBC. I figured that as I have cancel for any reason insurance that I could take the gamble and pay more towards it, i.e. I only paid an extra $750, not the total.
However, for P&O to contact me when a)  I booked the cruise online myself and b) offer nothing for paying in advance was pretty rich.
Thanks, I have a PO cruise end October, but no email offer of discount or OBC for early payment.
I booked via a giant US online travel agent.

If I book Carnival and Princess for April, May 2021, do you think they will offer me 10% discount and/or OBC for full advance payment?

8 hours ago, drsel said:

If I book Carnival and Princess for April, May 2021, do you think they will offer me 10% discount and/or OBC for full advance payment?

You know, I was looking at a Princess cruise in Aus for early next year in case my P & O gets cancelled. I had logged into the website and did some dummy bookings to see what it would cost and see the cabins available. Anyway, I think I did a three day hold but let it go. I then had a call from Princess making some extra offers.  Honestly, I didn't really listen to what they were offering because I wasn't really interested. But maybe try that yourself.

You know, I was looking at a Princess cruise in Aus for early next year in case my P & O gets cancelled. I had logged into the website and did some dummy bookings to see what it would cost and see the cabins available. Anyway, I think I did a three day hold but let it go. I then had a call from Princess making some extra offers.  Honestly, I didn't really listen to what they were offering because I wasn't really interested. But maybe try that yourself.
The problem is that the quotes on the Princess website are way higher than those on my US travel agent site

2 hours ago, drsel said:
6 hours ago, christodan said:

The problem is that the quotes on the Princess website are way higher than those on my US travel agent site

You need to take into consideration exchange rates, add taxes onto that price and if it's an Australian cruise gratuities also would need to be added to your costs. None of those add ons of booked in Australia for a local cruise.

the rates on both websites, Princess and US online travel agent are in US dollars. With a big difference.

the taxes and fees are the same on both websites.

On both websites gratuities are not included

4 hours ago, drsel said:

the rates on both websites, Princess and US online travel agent are in US dollars. With a big difference.

Nothing new there U S always get better deals from what I have seen.

Cheers Carole

14 hours ago, drsel said:

If the rates are different on the Princess website as against the TA website then the TA is probably doing the discounting, not Princess. Cutting their commission to get volume of sales perhaps?

• Like 1

Yes, many online travel agents do that.
The giant online travel agents get commission from 10 to 16% .
they pass on 5--10% to the customers in the form of a direct discount or onboard credit.
It is called discounting

On 6/26/2020 at 6:46 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

I think they'll cancel before the revised final payment date ie 21st July. I'm considering cancelling just after the 14th if they haven't, just to make things easier. I booked with an FCD so that should just go back on our Princess account. If by a miracle it did go ahead I could probably pick up a last minute deal anyway.

Is there a round Australia planned around September 2021? (doesn't have to be Sapphire) If so can you Lift and Shift before before final payment payment is due.

I don't think any Cruise line will cancel any sailing before final payment date.

their aim is to collect as much money as possible and then hold onto it for as long as possible in this crisis