Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
darknightsdespiser

Don't lose heart on refunds

Recommended Posts

So glad for you. 

 

What is your sailing dale?.  Did Princess cancel or you did?.  When did it get cancel?.

 

We are waiting for a full refund (air/cruise/tax/shore/transfer) since March 23 (we cancelled) for June 13 sailing.  It is going on 94+ days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, ChattTenn said:

So glad for you. 

 

What is your sailing dale?.  Did Princess cancel or you did?.  When did it get cancel?.

 

We are waiting for a full refund (air/cruise/tax/shore/transfer) since March 23 (we cancelled) for June 13 sailing.  It is going on 94+ days. 

Sailing date was 13th June, cancelled on 18 March before they did

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a good feeling.  Hopefully more will experience it soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, cherylandtk said:

I hope so too.  Day 102, cancelled March 16 for May 19 sailing. Nothing yet.

It is easier to say to people after they have received their refund......

 

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

June 3 17-day Alaskan Cruise/tour cancelled in April by Princess.  Nothing yet (we’re taking FCC 125%) but our travel agent spoke to Princess yesterday.  Was told the final compensation and to be looking for it (and the refund of taxes, etc) by early next week.  
 

We’ll see!  We saw our refund/FCC for our May 8 cancelled cruise within two weeks of cancelling.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my first big credit card refund on 6/6/2020 for my 3/15/20 cruise that I picked option #2 for on 03/12/2020.

got my second big refund (for excursions on three cancelled cruises between 7/12-9/12/20) on 06/23/2020.

Now I am just waiting for my deposits back on two future cruises that I cancelled on 04/28/2020 which Princess says I will get back anytime between 06/28-08/15/2020.  So far Princess has met its timelines with my refunds even though that was 60-90 days!!!  So I feel Princess is doing its best to get things done.  I will state also that all refunds were correct and to the penny owed.

 

Pooh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got full refund for two cruises in August. They have stepped up their game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, darknightsdespiser said:

It's here!!! 14 weeks and this morning credit card bulging, very happy lady!


happy for you. That was a long ng wait. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well at least there is some movement.    Way too slow but moving.

We took option 1.   Got our FCC back pretty quickly.   Got our EZair back in their account and received one tour back on our CC.   Just waiting for refund of  port charges and taxes and Gratuities.   If I get the gratuities  back on our CC I would be done and happy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, waltd said:

Well at least there is some movement.    Way too slow but moving.

We took option 1.   Got our FCC back pretty quickly.   Got our EZair back in their account and received one tour back on our CC.   Just waiting for refund of  port charges and taxes and Gratuities.   If I get the gratuities  back on our CC I would be done and happy

If you chose Option 1 - the taxes and port charges maybe in a holding account to be used on a later cruise. You can not see this amount in the Personalizer. You need to speak with your agent or Princess. If you want, Princess will refund this but it must be requested.

Edited by Coral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coral said:

If you chose Option 1 - the taxes and port charges maybe in a holding account to be used on a later cruise. You can not see this amount in the Personalizer. You need to speak with your agent or Princess. If you want, Princess will refund this but it must be requested.

Anyone know how many different holding accounts you could have for one cruise?    Coral  I did call at one point and I know that the EZair is in a holding account and I'm fine with that but they didn't mention it also was holding the  taxes and port charges.   I will wait a few more weeks and see if anything comes in the mail then call again.     Not like I have much else to do.   LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, waltd said:

Anyone know how many different holding accounts you could have for one cruise?    Coral  I did call at one point and I know that the EZair is in a holding account and I'm fine with that but they didn't mention it also was holding the  taxes and port charges.   I will wait a few more weeks and see if anything comes in the mail then call again.     Not like I have much else to do.   LOL

I don't know how they separate it out - if there is one for airfare and one for taxes and fees or if they are combined. I believe FCC can't cover taxes and fees. This is the way that Princess is holding on to money that will "also benefit you" 🙂. Consider yourself lucky 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Guess someone's ears were burning.   We just received one of two gratuities back today in our  PayPal account.   If its anything like the refund for one of our tours then the other gratuity  refund should hit my checking account in about a week.  PayPal seems to get refunded faster.       I consider myself lucky everyday that I can get up out of bed. 🙂   Looking forward to cruising again.  

Edited by waltd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, waltd said:

      I consider myself lucky everyday that I can get up out of bed. 🙂   Looking forward to cruising again.  


Great positive attitude among all this doom and gloom! 
Happy to hear you are getting refunds 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2020 at 2:22 PM, waltd said:

Well at least there is some movement.    Way too slow but moving. . . .

For all those waiting for refunds, I'm sure it's been frustrating.  But from a practical standpoint, it must be a nightmare for Princess (and all the other cruise lines).  Take the number of ships x the number of pax/ship x the number of cancelled cruises per ship.  19 ships x 1,000 cabins/ship (don't know if this a a good number) x the number of cancelled cruises per ship. And one can understand the enormity of the situation.  Not to mention cash flow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our $200 deposit was credited on June 26th for a Sept 2020 cruise I cancelled On April 8.  I had an email on May 12th asking if we would like to change the cash refund to a FCC for double the amount of the deposit.  They gave us until June 15th to take advantage of this offer.  I knew it was just a way to hold onto our money  a little longer.  Cash refund was the default option if we didn't take them up on the FCC offer.  I wondered how long it would take to get the refund to my credit card after June 15th came and went.  Well it took 11 days to get the credit to my credit card.  I know this is minor to what some are waiting for but am glad that we got our refund. Now I can stop checking my credit card account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From a practical standpoint they could minimize their nightmare and refund those of already waiting over 100 days instead of refunding the deposits for the August and September cruises.  But hey, that would be doing what they said they would do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I’m still waiting for my refund in a March 29th cruise. I’ve given up counting how many days that’s been. Lol

i did just check my Princess account and for the first time I have my cruise credits. I took option 2. 
keeping my fingers crossed For my refund to show soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got what I think must be refunded port fees and taxes for our 3/26 cruise back to my credit card  last week. (just listed as Princess Cruises).  It was 2 identical amounts for 2 passengers I presume.  It did not match any of the excursions we had paid for.  We got the FCC plus extra they offered on the first cancellations in the early days a month or more ago in our Captain Circle account.  Still no word on what they will do on the EZAir.  Based on your posts sounds like they are making progress on the massive volume of transactions to complete.  Keep on waiting....about the only excitement these days seeing a credit on your card.  LOL

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is just beyond me why March cruisers are still waiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Coral said:

It is just beyond me why March cruisers are still waiting.


beyond me too. 
I will report back when it shows on my credit card. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, gardenbunny said:

I got what I think must be refunded port fees and taxes for our 3/26 cruise back to my credit card  last week. (just listed as Princess Cruises).  It was 2 identical amounts for 2 passengers I presume.  It did not match any of the excursions we had paid for.  We got the FCC plus extra they offered on the first cancellations in the early days a month or more ago in our Captain Circle account.  Still no word on what they will do on the EZAir.  Based on your posts sounds like they are making progress on the massive volume of transactions to complete.  Keep on waiting....about the only excitement these days seeing a credit on your card.  LOL

 

Just curious,  did you ask for your EZAir refund back  on your credit card?     After we  received our FCC on our personalizer  I called about our EZAir and found out it's sitting in a holding account.  We decided to leave it there for our next cruise.   Try calling about it if you haven't already.  They will give you a booking number for the EZAir money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

100 plus days. Just received $ 28,000 to my gift cards. More gift cards to be re-filled in a week or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...