Don't lose heart on refunds

So glad for you. 

What is your sailing dale?.  Did Princess cancel or you did?.  When did it get cancel?.

We are waiting for a full refund (air/cruise/tax/shore/transfer) since March 23 (we cancelled) for June 13 sailing.  It is going on 94+ days. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, ChattTenn said:

So glad for you. 

What is your sailing dale?.  Did Princess cancel or you did?.  When did it get cancel?.

We are waiting for a full refund (air/cruise/tax/shore/transfer) since March 23 (we cancelled) for June 13 sailing.  It is going on 94+ days. 

Sailing date was 13th June, cancelled on 18 March before they did

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cherylandtk said:

I hope so too.  Day 102, cancelled March 16 for May 19 sailing. Nothing yet.

It is easier to say to people after they have received their refund......

Good luck!

June 3 17-day Alaskan Cruise/tour cancelled in April by Princess.  Nothing yet (we’re taking FCC 125%) but our travel agent spoke to Princess yesterday.  Was told the final compensation and to be looking for it (and the refund of taxes, etc) by early next week.  

We’ll see!  We saw our refund/FCC for our May 8 cancelled cruise within two weeks of cancelling.  

Got my first big credit card refund on 6/6/2020 for my 3/15/20 cruise that I picked option #2 for on 03/12/2020.

got my second big refund (for excursions on three cancelled cruises between 7/12-9/12/20) on 06/23/2020.

Now I am just waiting for my deposits back on two future cruises that I cancelled on 04/28/2020 which Princess says I will get back anytime between 06/28-08/15/2020.  So far Princess has met its timelines with my refunds even though that was 60-90 days!!!  So I feel Princess is doing its best to get things done.  I will state also that all refunds were correct and to the penny owed.

Pooh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well at least there is some movement.    Way too slow but moving.

We took option 1.   Got our FCC back pretty quickly.   Got our EZair back in their account and received one tour back on our CC.   Just waiting for refund of  port charges and taxes and Gratuities.   If I get the gratuities  back on our CC I would be done and happy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, waltd said:

Well at least there is some movement.    Way too slow but moving.

We took option 1.   Got our FCC back pretty quickly.   Got our EZair back in their account and received one tour back on our CC.   Just waiting for refund of  port charges and taxes and Gratuities.   If I get the gratuities  back on our CC I would be done and happy

If you chose Option 1 - the taxes and port charges maybe in a holding account to be used on a later cruise. You can not see this amount in the Personalizer. You need to speak with your agent or Princess. If you want, Princess will refund this but it must be requested.

Edited by Coral

1 hour ago, Coral said:

If you chose Option 1 - the taxes and port charges maybe in a holding account to be used on a later cruise. You can not see this amount in the Personalizer. You need to speak with your agent or Princess. If you want, Princess will refund this but it must be requested.

Anyone know how many different holding accounts you could have for one cruise?    Coral  I did call at one point and I know that the EZair is in a holding account and I'm fine with that but they didn't mention it also was holding the  taxes and port charges.   I will wait a few more weeks and see if anything comes in the mail then call again.     Not like I have much else to do.   LOL

9 minutes ago, waltd said:

Anyone know how many different holding accounts you could have for one cruise?    Coral  I did call at one point and I know that the EZair is in a holding account and I'm fine with that but they didn't mention it also was holding the  taxes and port charges.   I will wait a few more weeks and see if anything comes in the mail then call again.     Not like I have much else to do.   LOL

I don't know how they separate it out - if there is one for airfare and one for taxes and fees or if they are combined. I believe FCC can't cover taxes and fees. This is the way that Princess is holding on to money that will "also benefit you" 🙂. Consider yourself lucky 🙂 

Guess someone's ears were burning.   We just received one of two gratuities back today in our  PayPal account.   If its anything like the refund for one of our tours then the other gratuity  refund should hit my checking account in about a week.  PayPal seems to get refunded faster.       I consider myself lucky everyday that I can get up out of bed. 🙂   Looking forward to cruising again.  

Edited by waltd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, waltd said:

I consider myself lucky everyday that I can get up out of bed. 🙂   Looking forward to cruising again.  

Great positive attitude among all this doom and gloom! 
Happy to hear you are getting refunds 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/26/2020 at 2:22 PM, waltd said:

Well at least there is some movement.    Way too slow but moving. . . .

For all those waiting for refunds, I'm sure it's been frustrating.  But from a practical standpoint, it must be a nightmare for Princess (and all the other cruise lines).  Take the number of ships x the number of pax/ship x the number of cancelled cruises per ship.  19 ships x 1,000 cabins/ship (don't know if this a a good number) x the number of cancelled cruises per ship. And one can understand the enormity of the situation.  Not to mention cash flow.

Our $200 deposit was credited on June 26th for a Sept 2020 cruise I cancelled On April 8.  I had an email on May 12th asking if we would like to change the cash refund to a FCC for double the amount of the deposit.  They gave us until June 15th to take advantage of this offer.  I knew it was just a way to hold onto our money  a little longer.  Cash refund was the default option if we didn't take them up on the FCC offer.  I wondered how long it would take to get the refund to my credit card after June 15th came and went.  Well it took 11 days to get the credit to my credit card.  I know this is minor to what some are waiting for but am glad that we got our refund. Now I can stop checking my credit card account.

• Thanks 1

From a practical standpoint they could minimize their nightmare and refund those of already waiting over 100 days instead of refunding the deposits for the August and September cruises.  But hey, that would be doing what they said they would do.

• Like 3

Well I’m still waiting for my refund in a March 29th cruise. I’ve given up counting how many days that’s been. Lol

i did just check my Princess account and for the first time I have my cruise credits. I took option 2. 
keeping my fingers crossed For my refund to show soon. 

• Like 1

I got what I think must be refunded port fees and taxes for our 3/26 cruise back to my credit card  last week. (just listed as Princess Cruises).  It was 2 identical amounts for 2 passengers I presume.  It did not match any of the excursions we had paid for.  We got the FCC plus extra they offered on the first cancellations in the early days a month or more ago in our Captain Circle account.  Still no word on what they will do on the EZAir.  Based on your posts sounds like they are making progress on the massive volume of transactions to complete.  Keep on waiting....about the only excitement these days seeing a credit on your card.  LOL

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gardenbunny said:

I got what I think must be refunded port fees and taxes for our 3/26 cruise back to my credit card  last week. (just listed as Princess Cruises).  It was 2 identical amounts for 2 passengers I presume.  It did not match any of the excursions we had paid for.  We got the FCC plus extra they offered on the first cancellations in the early days a month or more ago in our Captain Circle account.  Still no word on what they will do on the EZAir.  Based on your posts sounds like they are making progress on the massive volume of transactions to complete.  Keep on waiting....about the only excitement these days seeing a credit on your card.  LOL

Just curious,  did you ask for your EZAir refund back  on your credit card?     After we  received our FCC on our personalizer  I called about our EZAir and found out it's sitting in a holding account.  We decided to leave it there for our next cruise.   Try calling about it if you haven't already.  They will give you a booking number for the EZAir money.