November Cruising

pasta1

What do you think the likely hood  is of cruising in November?
Personally, not good. I was extremely optimistic cruises would start this summer but now I'm thinking late Spring 2021 or summer. Please Lord may these vaccines work! [emoji120]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Personally, not good. I was extremely optimistic cruises would start this summer but now I'm thinking late Spring 2021 or summer. Please Lord may these vaccines work! emoji120.png

This will be our third try to cruise this year, we are scheduled on the Sky Princess November fifth.

• Like 2

This will be our third try to cruise this year, we are scheduled on the Sky Princess November fifth.
Yeah we had 2 Oasis cruises gone. May and then makeup cruise Sept gone. Moved to August next year. I've got my fingers [emoji1696]. I feel your pain, we, the whole family feels your pain.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Yeah we had 2 Oasis cruises gone. May and then makeup cruise Sept gone. Moved to August next year. I've got my fingers emoji1696.png. I feel your pain, we, the whole family feels your pain.

Overly painful to say the least, ours was also cancelled in May and the other moved to September next year.

• Like 2

Overly painful to say the least, ours was also cancelled in May and the other moved to September next year.
Let's just hope these lines survive and we can cruise next year.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, john_galt said:

I'm holding on to my Nov 4th booking but I expect it to be cancelled. Probably by the end of July. 

if ours has to be cancelled, it better be before final payment is due !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pasta1 said:

I am also on the Sky Princess Nov 5th. After being on the b2b Inaugurals  of the Sky in the US I was looking forward to this cruise.  Having been on the reposition cruise to the Carib before, I looked forward  to reuniting with a wonderful group of cruisers.     I have been talking  to my cruising friends about this trip. While we still  hold our reservations , we are doubtful we will be on that cruise.   The final payment is due the beginning of August and I am not willing to make that payment if I don't feel safe about the  travel.  Needless to say, the idea of flying is not thrilling to me.

Sali

2 minutes ago, I object 2 said:

We're booked for November 6th on the Star.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but my practical side is thinking the cruise will be cancelled.   

I incorrectly stated the 5th, correct date is the 6th.  I think our odds are 50/50 at best.

13 minutes ago, Orangefan said:

I am also on the Sky Princess Nov 5th. After being on the b2b Inaugurals  of the Sky in the US I was looking forward to this cruise.  Having been on the reposition cruise to the Carib before,

I would seriously doubt NY allowing cruise ships anytime in 2020

at best SKY will just come straight to PE and 'maybe' do the 10 day Southern on the 15th, but more likely , a 5 day western carib 'may be' a test cruise on the 25th of November

2 hours ago, pasta1 said:

What do you think the likely hood  is of cruising in November?

I fully believe that any decision as to when cruise lines will begin to cruise is completely beyond the ability of the lines themselves to determine and is wholly dependent upon the various countries around the world and the impact that the virus will have on each one.  Heck, the way it's going in the US right now, we may be the last country of all to open up!

Tom

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

I fully believe that any decision as to when cruise lines will begin to cruise is completely beyond the ability of the lines themselves to determine and is wholly dependent upon the various countries around the world and the impact that the virus will have on each one.  Heck, the way it's going in the US right now, we may be the last country of all to open up!

Tom

I completely agree with this post.  I think that cruises that exclude US ports will start first and that US passengers will be excluded because they cannot travel to the ports.

There is already a Norway coast cruise for Norwegians and Danes.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

I incorrectly stated the 5th, correct date is the 6th.  I think our odds are 50/50 at best.

We're joining you on this Hawaiian cruise (hopefully).  This was posted on www.gohawaii.com/special-alerts-information website.   It might be an option for travelers flying to Hawaii starting August 1, 2020.  It doesn't mention cruise passengers.  

Pre-Travel Testing Program for Out-of-State Travelers – August 1

• Governor David Ige held a press conference on June 24 and announced an option for the mandatory quarantine for travelers that will begin on August 1. Details will be forthcoming: “We are working on an alternative to the 14-day mandatory quarantine that would allow a safe and healthy way for travelers to return to the islands. Today I am announcing that beginning August 1, we will implement a pretravel testing program for travelers to Hawaii as an alternative to the 14-day mandatory quarantine. Beginning August 1, travelers who have a valid negative COVID-19 test prior to arriving will not be subject to the 14-day mandatory quarantine. The quarantine will remain in place for those who choose to not get a pretravel test. The health of our community continues to be our primary focus and priority. This multi-layered screening process allows travelers to return and allows us to continue to protect the health and safety of our community.”

40 minutes ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

Tom

Absolutely agree. I think we may all have a lot more visibility as to the short and medium term future of cruising within a month or so, as  as I believe that is when  the CDC, USCG etc will announce what I think will be a continuation of the No Sail order. Given the state of things in the US, I find it hard to imagine that our late November trip on the Enchanted out of PE, in one of the hardest hit states, will be allowed to happen.

With Civid19 surging in Florida and The Governor ordering shutdown of bars etc today it will take a miracle (vaccine) for cruises to be allowed before sometime in 2021.

Edited by franktown
correct
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, I object 2 said:

We're joining you on this Hawaiian cruise (hopefully).  This was posted on www.gohawaii.com/special-alerts-information website.   It might be an option for travelers flying to Hawaii starting August 1, 2020.  It doesn't mention cruise passengers.  

Pre-Travel Testing Program for Out-of-State Travelers – August 1

• Governor David Ige held a press conference on June 24 and announced an option for the mandatory quarantine for travelers that will begin on August 1. Details will be forthcoming: “We are working on an alternative to the 14-day mandatory quarantine that would allow a safe and healthy way for travelers to return to the islands. Today I am announcing that beginning August 1, we will implement a pretravel testing program for travelers to Hawaii as an alternative to the 14-day mandatory quarantine. Beginning August 1, travelers who have a valid negative COVID-19 test prior to arriving will not be subject to the 14-day mandatory quarantine. The quarantine will remain in place for those who choose to not get a pretravel test. The health of our community continues to be our primary focus and priority. This multi-layered screening process allows travelers to return and allows us to continue to protect the health and safety of our community.”

This is for all travelers to Hawaii not just people who fly.  Hawaii has a 14 day quarantine in placed and enforced and if you want to avoid the quarantine you need a record of a specific COVID-19 test that is negative 72 hours prior to arrival.  You can bet that cruise passengers will not be disembarking in Hawaii as long as these travel restrictions are in place by the state of Hawaii.  As things stand today it would be nearly impossible for cruisers to meet them.

Edited by PrincessLuver

IF, IF, IF ... Princess got the "ALL CLEAR to RESUME SAILINGS" - with a ship now in Manilla , just hanging out,  ... 

How long would it take to re-crew, get the ship to the USA,  get all the required testing and inspections ...

what ... 90 days or so realistic ???  so an OK to SAIL issued on __________ would be needed for a cruise on 

just for the heck of it ... late November 2020 🦄

I'd say that Mexican Riviera and other short cruises out of L.A. have a very good chance of going forward. I'm looking seriously at a 5-night "Cabo Getaway" cruise on the Royal in early December. Cabo (overnight) is the only stop, and of course it's a tender port. If a cruise like that can't sail, then Princess is in even bigger trouble than we think.

• Thanks 1