Coco Cay

SA34

Taking a cruise to include Coco Cay and wondering about getting a cabana.  I see a couple of options that include the water park and some that don't.  Wondering if anyone has any experience with being able to get a couple of beach umbrellas instead of pay for the cabanas.  Also, if you recommend the cabanas, which ones and why?  Thanks.

On 6/26/2020 at 11:28 AM, SA34 said:

Taking a cruise to include Coco Cay and wondering about getting a cabana.  I see a couple of options that include the water park and some that don't.  Wondering if anyone has any experience with being able to get a couple of beach umbrellas instead of pay for the cabanas.  Also, if you recommend the cabanas, which ones and why?  Thanks.

This is a great resource. https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=4135#:~:text=The%20Coco%20Beach%20Club%20includes,for%20up%20to%20eight%20people.

Cabanas tend to sell out very quickly!  We decided to splurge for the beach cabanas at Coco Cay Beach Club (adults who have no interest in the water slides, etc.)  My son and family, rented beach beds at South Beach, figuring that the older kids would be in the water park for most of the day and the cost of cabanas is pretty high. They decided against the Thrill Waterpatk cabanas because they wanted to have a beach expereince and a bit less chaos. FWIW, our cruise was cancelled so I can't speak from actual experience.

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2020 at 2:46 PM, sippican said:

This is a great resource. https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=4135#:~:text=The%20Coco%20Beach%20Club%20includes,for%20up%20to%20eight%20people.

Cabanas tend to sell out very quickly!  We decided to splurge for the beach cabanas at Coco Cay Beach Club (adults who have no interest in the water slides, etc.)  My son and family, rented beach beds at South Beach, figuring that the older kids would be in the water park for most of the day and the cost of cabanas is pretty high. They decided against the Thrill Waterpatk cabanas because they wanted to have a beach expereince and a bit less chaos. FWIW, our cruise was cancelled so I can't speak from actual experience.

That is great information. Not sailing till 2022 now and considering a thrill waterpark cabana. Right now it’s $699 and hoping for it to drop. Would love to purchase the over the water ones for $1049 in the Beach Club but I don’t think my kids would enjoy those as much as I know they would want the water park. 

• 11 months later...
On 6/26/2020 at 11:28 AM, SA34 said:

There are bazillions of free loungers and umbrellas on Coco Cay since the changes to "Perfect Day".  Basically every other pair of lounge chairs has an umbrella.