Cruise Startup Date

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I really wish people would quit posting links that require a subscription.

And yes, even when they are supposedly free

I shall quote my father, 

"If wishes were horses then beggars would ride."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

I shall quote my father, 

"If wishes were horses then beggars would ride."

Whatever, but why post a link that many people can't open.🤔

It's a waste of time and counterproductive.

Oh, and here's my cute saying. 😁

20200512_130748.jpg.641c9a87e55ca57b8acd76f03976f381.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully cruise lines won't require the covid vaccine to cruise. NO WAY THE AVAILABILITY WILL BE THERE ONCE DISCOVERED!  The availability of  covid-19 testing kits is example- Millions of vaccine vials would be needed and politicians would decide who should get FIRST!! Like face masks/ventilators/ personal protection etc. Medical experts should be in charge of this pandemic not politicians!!  I'm Ready to Cruise!!!

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

I'm sorry but I don't see any stats linking the rise of cases directly to restaurants.  There are opinions, but nothing substantial to prove that restaurants should not be open - especially the ones with outdoor seating.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mek said:

I'm sorry but I don't see any stats linking the rise of cases directly to restaurants.  There are opinions, but nothing substantial to prove that restaurants should not be open - especially the ones with outdoor seating.

Ah.  Indoor and outdoor seating are VERY different situations.  Outdoor = fine.  Indoor = not yet fine.  This seems to be what many localities are discovering.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Inapplicable.

mek asked for a citation.  I provided one.  YOU don't like it.  Tough noogies on you.

What is there to like. I can't read it. Lighten up

I didn't even quote you. 

And then you quoted me with a snarky comment. Which is fine, but it wasn't that funny. 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, mek said:

Some folks rely on 'opinions' 😉😇

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I really wish people would quit posting links that require a subscription.

And yes, even when they are supposedly free

Agree.  Most of the time I don't bother to click on the link, not interested in yet another venue for another company to send me crap emails.  😞 

Copy something relevant from the article, and then post it would be more helpful.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, mek said:

Most all media is nothing but opinions, especially The NY Times. 

M8

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Agree.  Most of the time I don't bother to click on the link, not interested in yet another venue for another company to send me crap emails.  😞 

Copy something relevant from the article, and then post it would be more helpful.  

You can always provide a bogus email address. 😏

9 hours ago, mek said:

The problem are not the Restaurants as such. It's question if Social distancing is kept and the Hygine by the Restaurant workers. If these criterias are fully met the Restaurant as such is not a problem however since it requires a lot of restictions lot's of Restaurants could not operate profitable like this. Hence I don't know what the rules are and how they are enforced, but in all the countries where the rules are not followed, doesn't need to be Restaurants, can be also othher public spaces, there numbers are rising again.

For cruises when they will start up again. 2020 seems to be not realistic, or at least we will see a very limited amount of ships to start towards the end of the year. For the US, once they will get things better under control the cruise business should be able to start up again slowly but surely towards the end of this year or begining of next year but as mentioned very limited. We will see the large ships with likely capacity restrictions but non of the smaller ships operate at the begining (Anything below Voyager class). For cruises to resume as long as COVID is amongst us will also depend on the safety concepts for handling outbreaks on board and for guarantees by ports to still let the Ships dock even when positive cases are on board and letting passengers disembark. Once there is a clear concept for that, then we will see cruises start rather sooner (towards end of thiss year) than later given the COVID cases in the countries / ports the cruise will cover in it's itinarary are at relatively low levels.

10 hours ago, mek said:

Now that bars have been closed once again in Florida, we should see a significant decrease in COVID numbers here. 😎

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Now that bars have been closed once again in Florida, we should see a significant decrease in COVID numbers here. 😎

I agree with bars and see them as a major problem in some areas, but there are a few like the pub I go to on Tuesday nights to play trivia that have set up everything outdoors and have tables spaced at an acceptable distance.  Those should not be closed.  But I don't live near the beach - and those are probably where people are too close together and spreading C19.

11 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Bars have not been allowed to open yet in Miami-Dade and Broward, and our numbers are still the highest in Florida. Local bars were doing protests two weeks ago, asking to be allowed to open. The Elbo Room organized the protests. 

10 hours ago, mek said:

There is a pretty well researched study of an indoor restaurant in Guangzou China that showed exactly how the virus spread through the ventilation system, infecting 9 people from different families sitting at 3 different tables.

There is no way I am eating at a closed in restaurant, tables separated or not, until there is evidence that it is safe.  We have too many restaurants with take out and/or widely spaced outdoor seating to even consider inside.

1 minute ago, sandebeach said:

Bars have not been allowed to open yet in Miami-Dade and Broward, and our numbers are still the highest in Florida. Local bars were doing protests two weeks ago, asking to be allowed to open. The Elbo Room organized the protests. 

I think bars are a source of spread, but, as your example illustrates, not the only source by any means.

There is a lot of flaunting of social distancing, usage of masks and common sense that seem to be contributing to the continued spread.

1 minute ago, ECCruise said:

I think bars are a source of spread, but, as your example illustrates, not the only source by any means.

There is a lot of flaunting of social distancing, usage of masks and common sense that seem to be contributing to the continued spread.

Just my opinion based on everything I have heard, read and based on working directly with medical facilities every day. If the country made wearing masks mandatory and seriously enforced social distancing, I think you would see a huge decrease in COVID numbers. However, I don’t see our country’s culture allowing something like this. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Opening up bards where you can't stand and only sit on tables with limited seats etc does not make to much sense either.  Hence better to keep these closed.