Launch of new cruise line

emam

Smaller boutique ships are probably going to be the way to go. Anything 2k+ is going to test the nerve of any well informed cruiser until we have the holy grail of a vaccine. 

295 pax is going be a very boutique experience as well as being pricey. 

The exec lineup certainly sounds like a premium luxury based product. 

This ship, essentially a larger version of the Royal Clipper, was built for the latter's owner Star Clippers and was to have been named the Flying Clipper. A dispute between Star Clippers and the shipyard however, resulted in her not being delivered. Star Clippers cruises are not cheap, typically about £2000 per person per week cruise only - flights and transfers extra. I expect Golden Horizon to cost similar, as Star Clippers (and to some extent Wind Star) will be her main competitors. I douubt if they will be going for the mass market.

2 hours ago, Denarius said:

This ship, essentially a larger version of the Royal Clipper, was built for the latter's owner Star Clippers and was to have been named the Flying Clipper. A dispute between Star Clippers and the shipyard however, resulted in her not being delivered. Star Clippers cruises are not cheap, typically about £2000 per person per week cruise only - flights and transfers extra. I expect Golden Horizon to cost similar, as Star Clippers (and to some extent Wind Star) will be her main competitors. I doubt if they will be going for the mass market.

This is all true Denarius however I should say thatif you want a cheaper cruise with Star Clippers the Ocean Crossings option is half the cost you suggest.  I did a St.Maarten to Lisbon with them for just over £1000 that is eighteen sea days in a row with a total of just 33 other passengers.  The only downside would be the storms.

Search YouTube for a video called 000002]    that is five zeros 2 and a square closing bracket other videos in series are 3 and 5

Regards John

Edited by john watson

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Looks lovely, but personally, I would want to sail on her in the warmth of the Caribbean or Indian Ocean, not the Baltic!

The Baltic can get pretty warm in the summer.

5 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

But it is not consistent.  You cannot market the Baltic as a warm weather cruise.  

Perhaps so but we have done Baltic cruise 5 times in the summer and have never had bad or cold weather. Strangely many people think if you go north from UK whether its Baltic or Norwegian Fjords it is cold weather.

• Like 1