Saturday's Silly Subject

babs135

If, when cruising restarts, there is only one cruise line operating and it is a line you've either sailed with before and vowed never again , or it's simply one you wouldn't normally consider, ie a mega ship, or a small old ship lacking amenities what would you do?

Would you say, I'm cruising despite my doubts or would you say, my cruising days are over?

3 hours ago, babs135 said:

If, when cruising restarts, there is only one cruise line operating and it is a line you've either sailed with before and vowed never again , or it's simply one you wouldn't normally consider, ie a mega ship, or a small old ship lacking amenities what would you do?

Would you say, I'm cruising despite my doubts or would you say, my cruising days are over?

We travel to enjoy ourselves. Cruising for us is only one way we like to travel so we'd say Bon Voyage to cruising and continue on with our other types of travels.  You forgot to mention what would you do?

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

Depends. If it was an interesting itinerary at a reasonable price I might just go (with adjusted expectations) and consider it an adventure. 

On the other hand if it really was an objectionable ship or line, I'd pass and just go somewhere on my own.

29 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We travel to enjoy ourselves. Cruising for us is only one way we like to travel so we'd say Bon Voyage to cruising and continue on with our other types of travels.  You forgot to mention what would you do?

Mega ship with no hesitation .  

oh he11 no !  I have no idea how long I'm booked out til in life, I do know I'm booked out til 2029 for cruises lol, life is short

love quote life tumblr sad quotes time friends calvin Friendship ...

4 hours ago, babs135 said:

You don't say whether the virus is under control or there's a vaccine in the parameters.

If the disease is under control or there's a vaccine, I'd probably still cruise.  I've not been on a ship yet that I wouldn't return to.

If the disease is still an issue, I'd probably still wait before cruising.

Never say “never”.   While it is highly (more precisely astronomically) unlikely that I will ever set foot on an NCL ship again, I must admit that there could be an exception.  Say, for example, the itinerary and the price were ideal.  What would improve the likelihood would be if the ship were chartered - and the group chartering it had a selection committee which would limit the passenger list to just those who had a similar proven interest in the itinerary.

23 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Never say “never”.   While it is highly (more precisely astronomically) unlikely that I will ever set foot on an NCL ship again, I must admit that there could be an exception.  

Agree. Despite vowing in 1987 never to set foot on NCL again....if they offered an exclusive itinerary headed to Libya (and it was safe), I'd be on it like butter on cornbread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, babs135 said:

Although we vowed to never again cruise on Carnival we would consider doing another cruise .However,it is highly unlikely that only one cruise line would be operating as most are owned by other cruise lines.

6 hours ago, babs135 said:

I would still cruise. I haven't been on a ship or cruise line yet that I would never cruise again if it were the only option.  I can definitely have a great time regardless of the differences.  We are very low maintenance cruisers, so get me out on the water and add a few interesting ports and I am good.

I'd go, I just like cruising.  I don't think there is a ship or company I "would never" go on again.  I have a line I never recommend  to people and if I have a choice I won't go on them but if it's the only game in town, sure.

7 hours ago, babs135 said:

I'd cruise once as a trial. Good time to try something different. 

3 hours ago, calliopecruiser said:

I'd rather not book a cruise than book a cruise I don't want.......there are lots of other ways to travel.  I cruise for sea days not port stops, so if the ship isn't what I want, it's not worth it.

I am totally with you on it. If you want something, keep up with your wishes and dont let anyone break your plan. If you want to cruise with a certain company - do so. If there is a certain route you want to take - take it. Dont listen to anyone, otherwise the cruise will not be that enjoyable no matter how good it is 

16 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I am totally with you on it. If you want something, keep up with your wishes and dont let anyone break your plan. If you want to cruise with a certain company - do so. If there is a certain route you want to take - take it. Dont listen to anyone, otherwise the cruise will not be that enjoyable no matter how good it is 

Agree. Exactly why we "will never" book or not book a cruise line, ship or itinerary based on someone's positive or negative opinions or experiences.   

27 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Agree. Exactly why we "will never" book or not book a cruise line, ship or itinerary based on someone's positive or negative opinions or experiences.   

I hear you but how do you decide if you know nothing about the ship etc.?

If the itinerary was one we wanted, then the ship hardly matters to us.

Thus saying- if it had a large amount of sea days, then we might opt for a mega ship with plenty of activities on board. Otherwise, the ship is secondary.

• Like 1

We like port intensive itineraries with fewest sea days possible.  But still, to me the ship experience is very important.  While I would not want a multi sea day trip on the best ship, I also wouldn't want a great port intensive itinerary on a run down ship.  No banana boats either!  Hahah

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

2 hours ago, clo said:

I hear you but how do you decide if you know nothing about the ship etc.?

1 hour ago, calliopecruiser said:

It's hard - you kind of have to know why you like what you like, and look for signs that those same things (even in a different package) will be there. 

I've read this advice a long time ago and thought it was pretty good.  Might have even been from DaveKathy, I can't remember.  I can't say for sure, but I don't think Mrs Ldubs looks at any reviews at all before she books.  She just books what she thinks we will like.  So far I give her high marks.   

I also think some of the reasons for low rating reviews are funny.  You know like "laughter disrupted my tranquility" or "the crew person didn't smile at me".  

• Like 1