Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
rollie

Suite Departure Lounge at Terminal 25 Ft Lauderdale

Recommended Posts

Just wondering how early we can arrive at the terminal.  We are in a suite, on the Apex, so we would like to take as much advantage as we can.

 

Rollie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Granted I was on the opposite end of the terminal as I cruise peon class, but when I got there in February they were taking the suite guests in and I could not tell any difference in that end from the rest of the terminal. I couldn't even see a separation like Disney has for their concierge guests.

 

edit to add: I guess they could have been hidden away somewhere else before being organized for boarding and I only saw that part. But boarding is definitely in full view of everyone else, just at the other end of the terminal.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We usually arrive around 11:00 but there were guests who arrived before us. Suite guests have a separate entrance to the right of the doors for the main terminal with a separate check in line that is no where near the main check in lines. Depending on the level of your suite you might be escorted onboard.  We were when in Royal and Penthouse suites.

 

We have a suite on Apex so will get there as early as we can. 

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When cruising restarts, the entire embarkation process will have changed, very possibly with enforced rather than simply suggested time slots. I wouldn't count on past experience with the Apex, suite or otherwise, to be a good guide for the future, at least not in the short term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The suite lounge is not visible from the rest of the terminal.  
 

it’s a large room with the uncomfortable seating that looks good in photographs but is too low and difficult to sit down in and get up from. There is also some bar-type seating near where the food and drinks are served.  Also not easy to access if you have any mobility problems.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When cruising starts embarkation  may be different.  Sanitizing of the ship, health screening  and the likelihood  that all guests will be assigned a embarkation time to meet social distancing requirements leads me to think boarding will be staggered and showing up before the assigned time will be problematic.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The separate suite lounge is completely away from the other boarding part of the terminal. We thought the chairs were comfortable.  No standing in lines. Personnel come to you to check you in. Nice to have snacks and coffee, tea, juice and water. I also expect assigned check in times when cruising resumes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

The suite lounge is not visible from the rest of the terminal.  
 

it’s a large room with the uncomfortable seating that looks good in photographs but is too low and difficult to sit down in and get up from. There is also some bar-type seating near where the food and drinks are served.  Also not easy to access if you have any mobility problems.  

The new ships especially the pools don't cater to older people or folks with mobility issues.  I guess we are not the target demographics.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Celebrity had lifts for disabled people to enter the pool.   We always sat away from the, as they are very ugly and take a lot away from the ambiance.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We usually arrive by 11:00 and I don't think we ever had to wait more than 20 minutes to get on the ship. The suite embarkation experience is a nice perk. We were able to drop our bags off in the room immediately but not remain there until the general announcement is made that rooms are ready. After dropping the bags off we head to Luminae for a relaxing lunch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were coming from the first leg of a cruise on Harmony of the Seas.  We were next boarding Edge and got to Terminal 25 about 9:30 AM.  No problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The suite lounge is lovely so get there early enough to enjoy breakfast from their fresh fruits and pastries assortment and a have hot cup of coffee or tea or hot chocolate as well as juices or water. Relax until someone comes to you to check you in. Soak up all the perks you’ve paid for!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We used the suite lounge for check in on Silhouette last November.  We arrived early, like 10:30 or so but hardly got a chance to enjoy the lounge because we were whisked aboard pretty quickly.  All this will likely change when cruising resumes.  In fact, I will go as far as saying that one of the best/most advantageous perks of booking a suite might very well be how suite guests are prioritized during embarkation and debarkation.  

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Under normal circumstances, when in suite,  we arrive at the terminal +/- 10:30. Sometimes, we walk on. Sometimes, we sit for 10-15 minutes. With the current concerns about COVID-19, I expect that Suites will board first (per normal),  AFTER whatever disinfection procedures are completed on the ship. +/- 10:30 may no longer be normal.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the replies.  We don't cruise until Jan. of 2022, so hopefully things will be back to normal.

 

Rollie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rollie said:

Thanks for all the replies.  We don't cruise until Jan. of 2022, so hopefully things will be back to normal.

 

Rollie

 

If you are in a RS or above there is ‘special delivery service’, let me know if you want more details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chemmo said:

 

If you are in a RS or above there is ‘special delivery service’, let me know if you want more details.

Thanks, but I don't think we will ever be in Royal Suite.  Of course, we said that about a Celebrity Suite, and we had one several years ago. 

 

Rollie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rollie said:

Thanks, but I don't think we will ever be in Royal Suite.  Of course, we said that about a Celebrity Suite, and we had one several years ago. 

 

Rollie

 

Yes, funny how things can change...After the difficult time we are all presently experiencing I am sure many will feel in need of a real treat next time they cruise! 

 

Hope you have a fantastic cruise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chemmo said:

 

Yes, funny how things can change...After the difficult time we are all presently experiencing I am sure many will feel in need of a real treat next time they cruise! 

 

Hope you have a fantastic cruise. 

Thanks, good to hear from you again.  We have 4 cruises on the books, with the first one next January.

 

Rollie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rollie said:

Thanks, good to hear from you again.  We have 4 cruises on the books, with the first one next January.

 

Rollie

 

We have had to shift our next one from this September to next September...It will be the longest we have ever gone between cruises. Reluctant to commit to anything sooner with the present situation. On the bright side we have booked the PH!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, chemmo said:

 

We have had to shift our next one from this September to next September...It will be the longest we have ever gone between cruises. Reluctant to commit to anything sooner with the present situation. On the bright side we have booked the PH!

You lucky dog.  Our last cruise was in early March.  We cruise about twice a year.  Sky suite when we can. 
 

Rollie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rollie said:

You lucky dog.  Our last cruise was in early March.  We cruise about twice a year.  Sky suite when we can. 
 

Rollie

 

I think we have hit that stage in life where we are determined to enjoy. We have had health and mobility issues over recent years so the cruise itself is becoming our destination rather than the ports...

 

Our son and girlfriend are coming with us so if you look at the free premium drinks packages, free speciality dinners, free WiFi etc included for all guests it is less of an extravagance than it sounds...Our son is a seasoned cruiser but his girlfriend is cruising for the first time, just so disappointing it could not be this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were in a suite over Thanksgiving last year.  We were looking forward to experiencing the Suite departure lounge.  But our experience was to go to the suite area (outside of the lounge) and stand in line for about 30 minutes and then board the ship.  Not sure what in the world happened with that one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, chemmo said:

 

I think we have hit that stage in life where we are determined to enjoy. We have had health and mobility issues over recent years so the cruise itself is becoming our destination rather than the ports...

 

Our son and girlfriend are coming with us so if you look at the free premium drinks packages, free speciality dinners, free WiFi etc included for all guests it is less of an extravagance than it sounds...Our son is a seasoned cruiser but his girlfriend is cruising for the first time, just so disappointing it could not be this year.

Sounds like a great time.  I always enjoy watching cruising for the first time.  
 

Rollie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Muushka said:

We were in a suite over Thanksgiving last year.  We were looking forward to experiencing the Suite departure lounge.  But our experience was to go to the suite area (outside of the lounge) and stand in line for about 30 minutes and then board the ship.  Not sure what in the world happened with that one!

 

Never fails to amaze me how sometimes things go wrong...I don’t think the situation is helped by the shoreside staff sometimes not knowing the procedures.

 

Our most amusing experience was in Barcelona not long after the ‘Special Delivery’ system had been introduced. We found the sign, pointed out our names on the list that the man in charge had and he then asked “What I supposed to do?” ...We explained and he magestically took us through security to the suite line...Shades of Fawlty Towers....

Edited by chemmo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...