Voyager Club double points

riredsox

I just got off the phone with MSC and the rep said there is no such thing as 15% + 5% off of Voyager Club departures.  We had booked this because in YC that also gave us double points.  Does anyone know if this was a temporary promotion?  Two reps had no idea what I was talking about.   This is a screenshot from the MSC website the rep said never existed.  

772F0C12-3B62-4CBA-9AE2-007C73FA41EB.png

I booked a 2021 cruise recently using FCC and was denied the current Voyagers  5% +5% +OBC +double point promo. I was told it is for new bookings only which is totally bogus and contrary to promo terms posted on MSC website. I now have to take my case up with MSC dispute resolution department. What a pain.

Edited by sfaaa

The US website Voyages Selection sections started doing crazy things around in mid May.  By late May only the VS 5+5% remained.  It was initially good for all area sailings but now has changed to only Caribbean sailings.  The Canadian website still has all sailings as VS 5+5%.  

That is the first I've heard that you cannot get the VS discount if using a FCC, did they day it was because the FCC had a 25% bonus already?  I still don't think that should have an effect, the FCC bonus percent was compensation for the cancelled cruise.  You should be able to book another cruise at whatever rate MSC offers, then use the FCC to pay towards that fare.

@riredsox, did you mean 5/15 ever, or just with the new promos?  My New England/Canada cruises that had been scheduled for October were both booked (or re-booked) at 5+15. Just shot one for "proof." Note the crazy cancellation date. 

image.png.1af2e869795d034c37e812ef5e07b9e4.png

13 hours ago, sfaaa said:

I booked a 2021 cruise recently using FCC and was denied the current Voyagers  5% +5% +OBC +double point promo. I was told it is for new bookings only which is totally bogus and contrary to promo terms posted on MSC website. I now have to take my case up with MSC dispute resolution department. What a pain.

I have just done this with FCC and got the 5+5, OBC etc.....

I booked from the UK though so don't know if the T&Cs are the same

It won’t allow me to book the 5+5 and double points on the US sight.  It keeps sending me to the UK site and then won’t let me book because I’m not on the US sight.  Every once in a while it will let me look at the Voyager selection cruises on the US sight (but not book) and then in an hour there’s an error message.  I called and two different reps had no idea what I was talking about.  They said you can’t get double points with YC Voyager selection cruises.  It does say you do on the website.  

The 5+10 and 5+15% sections were removed as cruises were being cancelled. When the FCC were being pushed by MSC I asked if the FCC could be combined with other offers and was told No! 

On 6/28/2020 at 9:24 AM, riredsox said:

It won’t allow me to book the 5+5 and double points on the US sight.  It keeps sending me to the UK site and then won’t let me book because I’m not on the US sight.  Every once in a while it will let me look at the Voyager selection cruises on the US sight (but not book) and then in an hour there’s an error message.  I called and two different reps had no idea what I was talking about.  They said you can’t get double points with YC Voyager selection cruises.  It does say you do on the website.  

In the past I've never been able to get the Voyages Selection 5+X% applied on a website booking, it's hard enough to call and get it done.  Double Voyages Club points for VS sailings started May, 2019 and is still in effect.  I've had the same problems with the US website.  I was able to get the correct pricing by going to the VS 5+5% page directly through the link below that usually works.  Once I selected the sailing it asked for my Voyages Club number and birth date.  Once I entered that it came up with the correct cabin prices and appeared able to complete the booking.  Be careful regarding Seashore, the online booking site deck plans are still showing Seaside.

ETA: The OBC will usually not show on the initial booking confirmation, but when you check back on the cruise details a day or two later it will show up.  You won't see anything about the double points until after your cruise.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/msc-club-pax-type-55

Edited by Até

Thank you all for the information.  I want to book the same cruise I had (B2B) on the Seaside or some other ship, what’s ever going to be around next year,  for a comparable one next September in YC.   I will call my TA and tell them to find me a Voyager Cruise for the same time frame in 2021.   This was my first MSC and I was so looking forward to it.  I will get there eventually!

3 hours ago, riredsox said:

Thank you all for the information.  I want to book the same cruise I had (B2B) on the Seaside or some other ship, what’s ever going to be around next year,  for a comparable one next September in YC.   I will call my TA and tell them to find me a Voyager Cruise for the same time frame in 2021.   This was my first MSC and I was so looking forward to it.  I will get there eventually!

I understood that Voyagers Selection cruises were for people who had cruised with MSC before and were therefore Voyagers members and this was a perk for them!

2 hours ago, lovetoholiday said:

I understood that Voyagers Selection cruises were for people who had cruised with MSC before and were therefore Voyagers members and this was a perk for them!

I am a Gold Voyager Club member as I did the loyalty match. 

23 hours ago, Até said:

In the past I've never been able to get the Voyages Selection 5+X% applied on a website booking, it's hard enough to call and get it done.  Double Voyages Club points for VS sailings started May, 2019 and is still in effect.  I've had the same problems with the US website.  I was able to get the correct pricing by going to the VS 5+5% page directly through the link below that usually works.  Once I selected the sailing it asked for my Voyages Club number and birth date.  Once I entered that it came up with the correct cabin prices and appeared able to complete the booking.  Be careful regarding Seashore, the online booking site deck plans are still showing Seaside.

ETA: The OBC will usually not show on the initial booking confirmation, but when you check back on the cruise details a day or two later it will show up.  You won't see anything about the double points until after your cruise.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/msc-club-pax-type-55

Ate ... The US office appear to be having difficulty accepting that YC guests who are Diamond level get $100 pp for 5+5 sailings, Despite having the link given to them !

30 minutes ago, sidari said:

The US office appear to be having difficulty accepting that YC guests who are Diamond level get $100 pp for 5+5 sailings, Despite having the link given to them !

$100pp OBC appears to be for all Voyagers Club levels but is only for balcony cabins and above, Inside and Ocean View still only get $50pp OBC.  The offer expires August 20th, 2020.  It would be nice if they informed the phone agents of these promotions/changes.  Hopefully MSC will bring back the 5+10% and 5+15% sailings when this expires.  ETA: Or at least open it to other sailings rather than Caribbean only.

Edited by Até

Ate ... This is from a social media platform I help to Admin, it is quite specific re $100 and YC.

VOYAGES SELECTION DEPARTURES
5% + 5% OFF PLUS AN ONBOARD CREDIT UP TO $100 PP
AND DOUBLE POINTS FOR MEMBERS-ONLY!

All departures* are now available as Voyages Selection departures, with an extra 5% discount combineable with your always-available 5% Club discount.
Book a Balcony, Suite, or the MSC Yacht Club to get up to $100 onboard credit per person or choose an Inside or Ocean View stateroom to receive a up to $50 onboard credit per person**, to spend as you wish during the cruise. This offer is valid on all cruises and promotions until August 20, 2020.
Prices shown below are not discounted yet. Add your MSC Voyagers Club card number at the first step of the online booking process to apply the discount.
Members who book a Voyages Selection departure will be credited double membership points for the type of Experience chosen (Bella, Fantastica, Aurea, MSC Yacht Club). Points will be assigned at the end of the cruise.
**The onboard credit will be uploaded automatically to your reservation 24hrs after confirmation.

That is the US VS 5+5% web page from my link above.  Internal links to it on the MSC website work very intermittently.  I'd like a definition of what the single asterisk on "All departures*" means.  Right now it surely isn't all departures, same thing is on the UK site.

I finally was able to book the 5+5% today.  It just showed up on the website so I booked a B2B Seashore to make up for my cancelled Seasides.  And I got the same room which I didn’t have on the Seaside.  Both my Seashore cruises are Voyager Selection.   Now just the 500 day wait!!