Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
clojacks

Which Solstice class cabin is comparable to Millenniums 2C

Recommended Posts

We are going to be doing a lift and shift which is going to have us move from a Millennium class ship in a 2C to a Solstice class ship. The Solstice class appear to have quite a few more categories of Veranda cabins than Millennium, so I’m wondering which category is Celebrity going to consider comparable on Solstice to our 2C on Millennium?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did a lift and shift from the Millennium to the Solstice.  We had a 2C on the Millennium.  They would lift and shift to the 2C on the Solstice.  I found out that the 2C on the Solstice is an obstructed balcony, with life boats right below the balcony.  So I opted to switch to a 2B paying about $100 more for no obstruction.  It was worth it to me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SFO-F/A said:

We did a lift and shift from the Millennium to the Solstice.  We had a 2C on the Millennium.  They would lift and shift to the 2C on the Solstice.  I found out that the 2C on the Solstice is an obstructed balcony, with life boats right below the balcony.  So I opted to switch to a 2B paying about $100 more for no obstruction.  It was worth it to me.  

I thought the 2C’s were obstructed. Really seems like they should offer an unobstructed 1C. So, you just had to pay the difference between a 2C and 2B? The sailing we’re going to lift and shift to is about $1700 more than what we booked at for the same category, and I would definitely pay the difference between the 2 cabins on the 2022 sailing, but not between my current price and the 2022 price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, clojacks said:

I thought the 2C’s were obstructed. Really seems like they should offer an unobstructed 1C. So, you just had to pay the difference between a 2C and 2B? The sailing we’re going to lift and shift to is about $1700 more than what we booked at for the same category, and I would definitely pay the difference between the 2 cabins on the 2022 sailing, but not between my current price and the 2022 price.

 

2D Obstructed   2C SemiObstructed

 

this is a 2C on the Eclipse 6264

image.thumb.png.bde40338fd3b4fbbf79086bbe6bc8c5b.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, clojacks said:

I thought the 2C’s were obstructed. Really seems like they should offer an unobstructed 1C. So, you just had to pay the difference between a 2C and 2B? The sailing we’re going to lift and shift to is about $1700 more than what we booked at for the same category, and I would definitely pay the difference between the 2 cabins on the 2022 sailing, but not between my current price and the 2022 price.

Yes, the price was pretty low on the 2021 cruise, it just didn't have the benefits.  We paid the price difference between the 2C and 2B, maintaining the benefits, drinks, wifi, tips, OBC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

 

2D Obstructed   2C SemiObstructed

 

this is a 2C on the Eclipse 6264

image.thumb.png.bde40338fd3b4fbbf79086bbe6bc8c5b.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the photo.  Yup, I didn't want to see the life boats.  It was worth it for us to pay a bit more to have a clear view of the water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SFO-F/A said:

Thanks for the photo.  Yup, I didn't want to see the life boats.  It was worth it for us to pay a bit more to have a clear view of the water.

Was there any difficulty getting them to let you pay up? I'd be willing to pay up to 2A, 1A, even Aqua if they would allow it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, clojacks said:

Was there any difficulty getting them to let you pay up? I'd be willing to pay up to 2A, 1A, even Aqua if they would allow it.

I booked the Millennium with an online booking agent.  It took quite a few days to get a call back.  

 

We were on the same roll call.  I wrote about how frustrating it was to try and get through to the company because they seemed to take days to get back to me. 

 

When the agent called back, he had all my information.  And knew what I wanted to do, as I wrote it all down in an email..  He was going to book me in the same category and we were online looking at what cabins were available.  Then I realized I would be right above the life boats in the 2C solstice cabin.   I told him I didn't want that as the same cabin on millennium was no obstruction.

 

He said, right now I can book you in the 2B for $100pp more and you will keep your perks.  I said sure.    I'm not sure about going up to a much higher category?  It doesn't hurt to ask.  

 

Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, SFO-F/A said:

I booked the Millennium with an online booking agent.  It took quite a few days to get a call back.  

 

We were on the same roll call.  I wrote about how frustrating it was to try and get through to the company because they seemed to take days to get back to me. 

 

When the agent called back, he had all my information.  And knew what I wanted to do, as I wrote it all down in an email..  He was going to book me in the same category and we were online looking at what cabins were available.  Then I realized I would be right above the life boats in the 2C solstice cabin.   I told him I didn't want that as the same cabin on millennium was no obstruction.

 

He said, right now I can book you in the 2B for $100pp more and you will keep your perks.  I said sure.    I'm not sure about going up to a much higher category?  It doesn't hurt to ask.  

 

Good luck.

I booked with an online also, and emailed them on Monday asking about the lift and shift, but haven't got an email back yet. I may go directly to the agent I usually book with at the agency and get him to Customer Service working for me. By any chance is your agency in NH? 

 

Your ID looks familiar. Are you saying we were on a same roll call? Not the Dubai to Singapore "Turn-around this past February, was it?

Edited by clojacks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, clojacks said:

I booked with an online also, and emailed them on Monday asking about the lift and shift, but haven't got an email back yet. I may go directly to the agent I usually book with at the agency and get him to Customer Service working for me. By any chance is your agency in NH? 

 

Your ID looks familiar. Are you saying we were on a same roll call? Not the Dubai to Singapore "Turn-around this past February, was it?

I believe we were on the Millennium 2020 transpacific rollcall together?  

Yes, agency is in NH.   All I know is the agents are now working from home.  At least they were 6 weeks ago when I changed cruises.   It took over a week to get a response from the company.   You may hear from them Monday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SFO-F/A said:

I believe we were on the Millennium 2020 transpacific rollcall together?  

Yes, agency is in NH.   All I know is the agents are now working from home.  At least they were 6 weeks ago when I changed cruises.   It took over a week to get a response from the company.   You may hear from them Monday.

They are still working from home and with reduced hours.  The agent I use is working only Mon, Wed & Fri.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SFO-F/A said:

I believe we were on the Millennium 2020 transpacific rollcall together?  

Yes, agency is in NH.   All I know is the agents are now working from home.  At least they were 6 weeks ago when I changed cruises.   It took over a week to get a response from the company.   You may hear from them Monday.

Wasn’t us....haven’t done any TP or TA yet. By any chance did you do the Holy Lands with Celebrity a couple of years ago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, clojacks said:

Wasn’t us....haven’t done any TP or TA yet. By any chance did you do the Holy Lands with Celebrity a couple of years ago?

  I've been to the Holy Land, not on a cruise.  Fascinating.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2020 at 4:14 PM, SFO-F/A said:

We did a lift and shift from the Millennium to the Solstice.  We had a 2C on the Millennium.  They would lift and shift to the 2C on the Solstice.  I found out that the 2C on the Solstice is an obstructed balcony, with life boats right below the balcony.  So I opted to switch to a 2B paying about $100 more for no obstruction.  It was worth it to me.  

Did you do this in the online request form? I just had one of their chat "specialists" tell me that if I wanted to "upgrade",  I would lose my perks and have to pay the prevailing rate. I hardy consider going from a great Sweet 16 type 2C cabin to a partially obstructed 2C cabin as an equal swap, requiring an upgrade for a comparable view. The agent told me it was only obstructed if you were on the balcony! I couldn't believe he said it....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, clojacks said:

Did you do this in the online request form? I just had one of their chat "specialists" tell me that if I wanted to "upgrade",  I would lose my perks and have to pay the prevailing rate. I hardy consider going from a great Sweet 16 type 2C cabin to a partially obstructed 2C cabin as an equal swap, requiring an upgrade for a comparable view. The agent told me it was only obstructed if you were on the balcony! I couldn't believe he said it....

Yes, I filled out an online form and was called back by an agent about a week after I filled out the form.

There's nothing like a sweet 16 balcony!  I've had them twice and really enjoyed the space.  

The agent I had told me that I had to switch from a 2C to a 2C.  I guess that's the rules.  

However, he said he could let me go up to the 2B if I paid the difference, which was a bit over $100pp at the time, plus still keep my original perks.  I made the switch 6 weeks ago, when the prices were still low and they were offering a couple of perks.   He had to put it through the supervisor, etc.   Yesterday I checked prices and they are much higher.  Perhaps that is why they are unwilling to move you one category up?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, clojacks said:

Did you do this in the online request form? I just had one of their chat "specialists" tell me that if I wanted to "upgrade",  I would lose my perks and have to pay the prevailing rate. I hardy consider going from a great Sweet 16 type 2C cabin to a partially obstructed 2C cabin as an equal swap, requiring an upgrade for a comparable view. The agent told me it was only obstructed if you were on the balcony! I couldn't believe he said it....

 

There are what I consider Sweet 16s on the S-class ships. The last 8 cabins Deck 6 toward the stern port & starboard have extended verandas over the blue roof of the dining areas on Deck 5. The lifeboats are forward of these. We've had 6294 and 6298- the blue roof is not a big deal and even the Sky Suite verandas on Deck 6 extend over the blue roof!!

 

Also on Deck 6 there are 2C cabins on the angle of the hump that have the same oversize verandas as the 1As with barely obstructed views- per the Eclipse deck plan these are Starboard 6156, 6158, 6240, 6242 with Port cabins 5561, 6157, 6241, 6243.

 

You can switch cabins within categories and not lose perks so if any of these are available go for it.

Edited by TMLAalum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TMLAalum said:

 

There are what I consider Sweet 16s on the S-class ships. The last 8 cabins Deck 6 toward the stern port & starboard have extended verandas over the blue roof of the dining areas on Deck 5. The lifeboats are forward of these. We've had 6294 and 6298- the blue roof is not a big deal and even the Sky Suite verandas on Deck 6 extend over the blue roof!!

 

Also on Deck 6 there are 2C cabins on the angle of the hump that have the same oversize verandas as the 1As with barely obstructed views- per the Eclipse deck plan these are Starboard 6156, 6158, 6240, 6242 with Port cabins 5561, 6157, 6241, 6243.

 

You can switch cabins within categories and not lose perks so if any of these are available go for it.

 

 

Wow....great information.  Thanks, I will keep these in my Celebrity file.

Edited by SFO-F/A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SFO-F/A said:

Yes, I filled out an online form and was called back by an agent about a week after I filled out the form.

There's nothing like a sweet 16 balcony!  I've had them twice and really enjoyed the space.  

The agent I had told me that I had to switch from a 2C to a 2C.  I guess that's the rules.  

However, he said he could let me go up to the 2B if I paid the difference, which was a bit over $100pp at the time, plus still keep my original perks.  I made the switch 6 weeks ago, when the prices were still low and they were offering a couple of perks.   He had to put it through the supervisor, etc.   Yesterday I checked prices and they are much higher.  Perhaps that is why they are unwilling to move you one category up?  

Twice now, I have used Celebrity's chat agents in the last 2 days to question some aspects of the L & S and this is a synopsis of todays chat....

 

Ashley
You are not able to request a stateroom. Once you select lift and shift, We will try and give you the same room in the same category.

If it is not available, we will go ahead and assign any room in the same stateroom category

After it has been assigned, you can call in to change your room number. If you change the category, it will be prevailing rates and promotions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, clojacks said:

Twice now, I have used Celebrity's chat agents in the last 2 days to question some aspects of the L & S and this is a synopsis of todays chat....

 

Ashley
You are not able to request a stateroom. Once you select lift and shift, We will try and give you the same room in the same category.

If it is not available, we will go ahead and assign any room in the same stateroom category

After it has been assigned, you can call in to change your room number. If you change the category, it will be prevailing rates and promotions.

Ashley

You are not able to request a stateroom. Once you select lift and shift, We will try and give you the same room in the same category.

If it is not available, we will go ahead and assign any room in the same stateroom category

After it has been assigned, you can call in to change your room number. If you change the category, it will be prevailing rates and promotions.

In this case, I would suggest waiting for the Lift and Shift to be assigned and then reaching out to your TA to see if you can have the same promotion and just pay to have an unobstructed view.

I do apologize, Art

Art

So, if I fill out the form, and I don't like what you assign, or any of the same cabin options, can I decline the lift and shift offer?

Do I have to confirm acceptance or anything before you cancel me off of my current booking?

Ashley

If this is a Global Suspension sailing, you can opt to do the full refund if you decline the offer

Once you fill out the Lift and Shift form, the lift and shift will take place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We usually book 2B categories but have booked 2C on the Solstice in Cabin 6300 and 6298 which does have the blue roof of the specialty restaurant from the balcony but it wasn’t bad. It’s considered partially obstructed. Would book it again. We enjoy the aft as it’s quiet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8056 on Millennium is starboard with 191 square feet and a balcony.

2102 on Solstice seems comparable with 194 square feet and balcony.

Both are 2C.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, K12Guy said:

8056 on Millennium is starboard with 191 square feet and a balcony.

2102 on Solstice seems comparable with 194 square feet and balcony.

Both are 2C.

 

I think you might be confusing 2C with C2....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, clojacks said:

I think you might be confusing 2C with C2....

You are very correct. Thanks for catching that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...