Balcony for the price of Oceanview promo. LOL

Envelope21

So ... maybe they have been doing this for a long time and I just never noticed. We recently got an email for this promotion. I decided to go look at a cruise we've been keeping an eye on for September of 2021. I had actually printed out the prices for that cruise about 3 or 4 weeks ago, so I could keep it as a reference. When I went to look at it yesterday, it showed that the Balcony rate was, in fact, the same as the Oceanview rate. BUT, they had a RAISED the rate of the Oceanview to match the Balcony, not the other way around.

So, I guess technically, the title of the promotion is accurate. Although perhaps slightly misleading. Just like the FREE FREE FREE promos.

Sigh!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I have three cruises in mind for next year and i do have their prices in mind as well cause i didn`t finally decide regarding cabin category as well.

And for all three cruises the prices for the balcony were in fact decreased to match the oceanview rates.

TO be honest i was really surprised because i also thought this promo is just a trick.But there are obviously some cruises where the promo is a real promo.

11 minutes ago, CruiseMH said:

I have three cruises in mind for next year and i do have their prices in mind as well cause i didn`t finally decide regarding cabin category as well.

And for all three cruises the prices for the balcony were in fact decreased to match the oceanview rates.

TO be honest i was really surprised because i also thought this promo is just a trick.But there are obviously some cruises where the promo is a real promo.

Glad to hear that it isn't across the board. The cruise  I was interested in literally kept the balcony at the same rate, but raised the Oceanview to match it. It is for the Star on August 8, 2021. (I  mistakenly stated Sept. in my original post). When you go to that listing, it states "FREE upgrade to balcony. ... only 3 days left" Three weeks ago the Oceanview was more than $1,000 less. It will be interesting to see if the Oceanview rate goes back down in 3 days.

• Haha 1

So ... maybe they have been doing this for a long time and I just never noticed. We recently got an email for this promotion. I decided to go look at a cruise we've been keeping an eye on for September of 2021. I had actually printed out the prices for that cruise about 3 or 4 weeks ago, so I could keep it as a reference. When I went to look at it yesterday, it showed that the Balcony rate was, in fact, the same as the Oceanview rate. BUT, they had a RAISED the rate of the Oceanview to match the Balcony, not the other way around.

So, I guess technically, the title of the promotion is accurate. Although perhaps slightly misleading. Just like the FREE FREE FREE promos.

Sigh!

Ha! My balcony went down $50, but, the ocean view went up to that price. My $50 higher price came with $200 OBC so I took a pass on the price match for this promo. Will keep an eye out for something better [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had set up price alerts on four future cruises (2021 and 2022) for Oceanview rooms. When this promo went into effect, I received alerts that the price went up 30-40%. Evidence that NCL raised the price on Oceanview rooms to match the price on Balcony rooms. Since we usually book Oceanview rooms, the prices are now so high there's no way we'll book another cruise until they come back down to semi-reality. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I booked an OV on March 30 for an early 2021 cruise.  Total cost then was just under $4k (plus some OBC) but that did include a 20% discount because I booked using my FCC etc.  Today's cost for the same OV is just over $7K.  So assuming the cruise doesn't get cancelled, I will be content with my OV or upgrade closer to sailing time like I've done in the past.

2 hours ago, Envelope21 said:

When I went to look at it yesterday, it showed that the Balcony rate was, in fact, the same as the Oceanview rate. BUT, they had a RAISED the rate of the Oceanview to match the Balcony, not the other way around.

I agree, this promo is misleading. Yes you are getting an OV for the same price as a balcony but they (NCL) are making you pay more (the balcony rate) to get the promo. It would be much more honest, if it were the other way around and they lowered the balcony rate to match the OV rate.

Sneaky...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Envelope21 said:

Sigh!

i havent rebooked yet for this reason and because i still havent got my fcc from sept cancel.  smh . 

• Like 1

I'm eyeing up a spring 2022 transatlantic cruise to replace the one that was canceled in April.  It's hard to know what to do as there are going to be so many people with FCC to use and if demand is high enough, little reason for NCL to offer good discounts.     I'm also set on a spa category balcony so that makes opportunity all the more limited.   The current cost is running significantly higher than what I paid for the cruise I canceled.     ($1400 more for the two of us)   

On 6/28/2020 at 10:56 AM, Envelope21 said:

Sigh!

SLIGHTLY misleading ???

• Like 1