Hi..About 6 months after we went under deposit for a transatlantic cruise , my wife was diagnosed with a medical condition and her doc wrote that it would be medically inadvisable to take this cruise indefinitly. We cancelled and our claim was approved. We are now considering a non-transatlantic cruise for next year. Her medical condition does not require medication nor treatment, just monitoring.   .  Do you think the docs duration of 'indefinite' will be a problem with getting insurance coverage for  the next cruise?(non-transatlantic)?   I'm thinking worse case scenario..she gets sick, we need to cancel or interrupt and the insurance company says based on "indefinite" she shouldn't have taken it.

11 hours ago, CTLeeA said:

Hi..About 6 months after we went under deposit for a transatlantic cruise , my wife was diagnosed with a medical condition and her doc wrote that it would be medically inadvisable to take this cruise indefinitly. We cancelled and our claim was approved. We are now considering a non-transatlantic cruise for next year. Her medical condition does not require medication nor treatment, just monitoring.   .  Do you think the docs duration of 'indefinite' will be a problem with getting insurance coverage for  the next cruise?(non-transatlantic)?   I'm thinking worse case scenario..she gets sick, we need to cancel or interrupt and the insurance company says based on "indefinite" she shouldn't have taken it.

Hi CTLee,

You will have to ask her doctor if she is medically able to travel today? If the doctor says yes, then ask her / him to remove that indefinitly wording from her recors or update her records with new info that negates it.

Steve Dasseos