The 125% trip money when you lifted and shifted

ighten

Where does this show and has anyone actually had it back yet - we asked for the trip money to be transferred into onboard credit on the cruise we lifted and shifted to next year and then filled out the online form - but nothing yet shows on the manage page for the cruise.. Its now over 6 weeks ago.

I'm just a little confused by your question.  Did you L&S a booked cruise to a later date or did you use FCC from a canceled cruise to book a different one at a later date?  

At any rate, if you think something is supposed to be in your planner that isn't showing, the best bet is to give them a call (you or your TA).  

• Thanks 1

Lift and shifted a cruise - no problem there - but we had an email asking did we want refunding the trips we had booked for the original or did we want to move the value to the new booking at 125% value..  You then had to click a button that took you to a form which we filled out but so far nothing has appeared

22 minutes ago, ighten said:

Lift and shifted a cruise - no problem there - but we had an email asking did we want refunding the trips we had booked for the original or did we want to move the value to the new booking at 125% value..  You then had to click a button that took you to a form which we filled out but so far nothing has appeared

Mine from a cancelled cruise (I thought I had cancelled the things before the cruise cancelled and filled it out in case prepaid grats counted - apparently the cancellation of the excursions did not take until after the cruise cancelled) I got an email with a code for my OBC credit. Forwarded it to my TA and she applied it to the cruise I wanted it applied to. So it should probably come as an email.

(I’m holding my breath that it sticks because when I called yesterday about other excursions I had cancelled for other cruises but had not gotten a refund and the agent I spoke with was completely confused as to how I had gotten the FCC and OBC credit already since that cruise that was cancelled did not show processing yet. She was going to manually push the other refunds and is to call me today - hopefully sometime in the next hour.)

1 minute ago, ighten said:

low and behold we now have an email saying it will be refunded (even though we asked/clicked for it not to be) within 2 billing cycles - 

Actually, I think this is good news.  With cash back in hand you can rebook all the extras once you get a better feel for how things will operate.  The 25% extra would have been nice but just knowing that you will at least be made whole is very nice!

• Like 1

Lift and Shift is only supposed to allow you to move your booking from one year to the next with guaranteed pricing and perks. No 125% for that. To get the 125% you need to have your cruise cancelled by X and then let them keep your money and apply it to a future cruise. 

Question on overall lift and shift, say you do the bid up for a room and are approved/win etc, ie oceanview to a balcony.  If you do lift and shift will you be placed in a balcony.  Just wondering, I have 2 cruises B2B in November that Im scheduled to be doing.  Hoping first off they go, secondly they extend the lift and shift program past Aug 1 date.  Just thinking about that cause I do plan on bidding for a higher level room, one of the cruises is in an OV and would like to move it to a balcony but of course all the bidding doesn't really happen to your about 6-7 weeks out from the cruise so the lift and shift will have to be extended hopefully.  

12 hours ago, DrKoob said:

Lift and Shift is only supposed to allow you to move your booking from one year to the next with guaranteed pricing and perks. No 125% for that. To get the 125% you need to have your cruise cancelled by X and then let them keep your money and apply it to a future cruise. 

This is about the trip credit not the cruise

1 hour ago, ighten said:

This is about the trip credit not the cruise

Sorry, your thread title was 125% trip money when you Lift and Shift. But you don't get 125% credit when you Lift and Shift. Only when X cancels you. 

which is why the title says Trip Money --  are you arguing with yourself here! 

You get 125% if you transfer your port trips/excursions into credit from the old cruise to the shifted one rather than just have  the refund for your booked excursions.. Though  it doesnt seem to be working very well -