The Daily for Monday Jun 29, 2020

richwmn

today is Micky Arison's Birthday

today is Camera Day and Hug Holiday

Any clod can have the facts, but having an opinion is an art.

-- Charles McCabe                 

Meal suggestion for today - Moroccan chickpea soup

Wine for today - Sequoia Grove Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley vintage 2015

At Sea Indian Ocean
Amsterdam destination Jakarta eta 6/30
Maasdam destination Singapore

Veendam destination Singapore 6/30

Looking at the entire track for Veendam, it looks like she visited Benoa 6/26 then turned around and headed for Singapore without updating her destination.

Punta Arenas
Oosterdam

Balboa Panama
Koningsdam

Manila Anchorage
Nieuw Amsterdam
Noordam
Rotterdam
Volendam
Zuiderdam

Singapore Anchorage
Eurodam
Westerdam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam moving to Scheveningen on 6/30

0629Sing.png

Area around Singapore

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Good morning.

Thank you for the Daily Report.  Love the map. 🙂

I'll get out my camera and take some pictures.  I'll hug my hubby and send you a virtual hug.🤗

It's going to be hot today.  The soup sounds interesting, but I'll save that suggestion for another day.  Of course, I'll check out the wine. 😉

It's another week, hope it's a good one.  Stay healthy.

• Like 2

Thank you Rich for the Daily report.

Love the map.

Already gave DH a hug when we got up this morning.  Have to see if there are some flowers that I can take a picture of tday.

Happy Birthday Micky Arison.

Have a doctor's appointment late this afternoon so not sure what I will throw together for dinner.

• Like 1

Thanks for the Daily, Rich 🙂 

Sending cyber {{{{{{hugs}}}}} to all.

Looks like I took pictures a day too early 😉  Love the McCabe quote 😄 

too hot for soup, but thanks for the recommendation 😉 

• Like 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Morning Dailyites & my CC Sisters!  Hope you are all well! Denise, hoping you are enjoying Big Sur & your Pacific Coast trip.

Love the maps, especially the one showing the Amsterdam & Veendam’s passing one another, less than an inch apart!

Hugs to all - even if only virtual ones. I now only have a camera on my phone, but it goes everywhere with me, so I am always prepared.

The quote is interesting, but lately I find that I will happily settle for the facts.  Meal & wine sound great, but I might search for a cold soup recipe for tonight. Another hazy, hot, humid and dusty day here in Florida.

Stay well everyone!

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 4

Good morning Rich. Thank you for the Daily (and thanks for your help)

Hi CC sisters, Roy, kazu, KK, and fellow Daily-ites!

Happy Birthday Micky.

Hugs are really needed right now, so sending hugs to all. Put your right hand on your left shoulder and left hand on your right shoulder and shake. There's my hug to you!

Going to get our Texas drivers license today if they are open. Here's a word of advice: Take your important papers (military, VA, etc) with you when you move. Don't pack them in a moving unit! 

Have a safe and happy day. Count your blessings!

• Like 3

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Happy Birthday Micky - stay well.

I have spent a lot of time lately looking for our camera - a small red Canon, which I haven't used for a couple of years.  I thought I'd resurrect it, but haven't been able to locate it, so will continue using my phone, iPod, and my 360 degree Ricoh Theta.  Sending virtual hugs to everyone here; I think we can all use an extra hug or two every day.  @Seasick Sailor Great description; I'm shakin' all over! 

Not a fan of chickpea soup, so will be content clearing out the leftovers of the past couple of days for dinner tonight.  And wine.

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry 

Edited by ger_77
Speling Eror lol
  • Like 3

Thanks for the daily.  Love the maps, a great addition.    The soup sounds excellent!   By chance I put a pot of dried chickpeas on the stove just 10 minutes ago.  This works for me!

Edited by SilvertoGold
  • Like 1

Thanks for the daily Rich.  There hasn't  been any physical hugs for a long time and there won't be anytime soon 😢.  As for the camera - several of those, one always at the ready for planned and unplanned photo ops.  Will take a pass on the meal suggestion.  Have a great day everyone, stay safe and healthy.

• Like 2

Good morning,

Looks as if the Veendam is going  on a mystery cruise.  Always nice to see where the fleet is.   

Has been raining here since yesterday and left several inches which we needed badly.  Waiting to see what the totals are.  The grass just in the last 24 hours looks so much better.

Took a picture just this morning of a big, black dual winged dragon fly on the screen.  Will down load it later on to see if it was visible as the screen was the same color.

Seasick Sailor--hope your moving crate is on its way to you

Happy birthday, Micky Arison

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, and hugs to all, very distantly!    Thanks for The Daily, Rich.  We don't get a newspaper on Mondays, so it is nice to get some news about the ships, and other tidbits of information.

Wednesday will be Canada Day, and usually we have family over for a barbecue, but I think this year will be very quiet.   I'm getting a bit antsy about all this!  Will it ever end?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

Wednesday will be Canada Day, and usually we have family over for a barbecue, but I think this year will be very quiet.   I'm getting a bit antsy about all this!  Will it ever end?

I know how you feel, but at least we are doing fairly well at this stage. And many of us are safe and healthy 😄   I don’t think we will see the old “normal” for a while, I’m sorry to say.  I suspect this will be the “new normal” for a while.

By the way, I  went to the periodontist today and it was some adventure with the precautions they are taking.  They’ve put out a pile of money to make the office, them and us safe.  

• Like 3

I would normally be celebrating Canada Day at least a little bit but this year with a colonoscopy prep there won't be much celebrating.  I have special memories when I was on a tour with a Canadian based tour group that started in Inuvik and bussed down to Skagway and then the Zaandam to Vancouver.  I was the only American in the group and enjoyed their Canada Day hospitality in Whitehorse and then got to act as a bit of host July 4 in Ketchikan.

Roy

• Like 3

Rich, thanks for the DAILY  I like your wine suggestion for today.  Hugging violates "social distancing."         Social distancing is anti social.  I survived the frog legs!  Have a great rest of the day.

• Like 3

Good evening. Thanks for the Daily, Rich. I love the map! 

We've had a busy day today. I had to drive 2 hours to Toronto for DD to take her Music Therapy Board Exam to be accredited in both Canada and the US. Because we had a loooong stand still the last time we drove, we went early today....and of course it was smooth sailing, which would have been okay had there been a restaurant available to go in, eat, and cool down. Stage 2 opening doesn't allow it, so drive through and it in the car it was. Soooo hot. Basically, I'm wiped. I bought a roast chicken at the grocery, and I think that if I have a glass of wine, I will fall asleep right now.

Virtual hugs and happy thoughts to everyone. Stay safe!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I would normally be celebrating Canada Day at least a little bit but this year with a colonoscopy prep there won't be much celebrating.  I have special memories when I was on a tour with a Canadian based tour group that started in Inuvik and bussed down to Skagway and then the Zaandam to Vancouver.  I was the only American in the group and enjoyed their Canada Day hospitality in Whitehorse and then got to act as a bit of host July 4 in Ketchikan.

Roy

Roy,

We hope all goes well with the medical proceedure.

• Thanks 1