Hi Steve,

I thought that if you purchased the insurance policy within the required number of days from deposit date, the pre-existing condition was waived.  However in the comparison chart on your site it shows the look back period as 60 days.  Is this just for people who don't buy the policy within the allotted time of booking or is it still looked back even if you did?

Thankx

Steve

5 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Hi Steve,

I thought that if you purchased the insurance policy within the required number of days from deposit date, the pre-existing condition was waived.  However in the comparison chart on your site it shows the look back period as 60 days.  Is this just for people who don't buy the policy within the allotted time of booking or is it still looked back even if you did?

Thankx

Steve

Hi Steve,

The Lookback period is always there. It serves as protection for the insurance company in case anyone is lying about / misrepresenting their initial trip deposit date.

A few weeks ago someone called me to insure a September 2020 rental property in Gulf Shores, AL. They are driving to Alabama. I asked when they paid the deposit. He said "We paid the property in full on June 13, 2020".

Most people would think that June 13, 2020 was their first and last payment, but I suspected they paid the deposit earlier, so I asked "When did you reserve the property with a small deposit?".

He said "I did that on Feb. 15, 2020 but it was fully refundable so I don't want to count that date".

He was less than happy when I told him he was past the deadline for the pre-existing condition and the Cancel for Any Reason. He said the other website he called didn't press him on the deposit date that and he thought I was being too strict on the interpretation.

He didn't buy from us and I hope he didn't trick anyone else into selling a policy to him.

Steve Dasseos

21 minutes ago, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi Steve,

The Lookback period is always there. It serves as protection for the insurance company in case anyone is lying about / misrepresenting their initial trip deposit date.

A few weeks ago someone called me to insure a September 2020 rental property in Gulf Shores, AL. They are driving to Alabama. I asked when they paid the deposit. He said "We paid the property in full on June 13, 2020".

Most people would think that June 13, 2020 was their first and last payment, but I suspected they paid the deposit earlier, so I asked "When did you reserve the property with a small deposit?".

He said "I did that on Feb. 15, 2020 but it was fully refundable so I don't want to count that date".

He was less than happy when I told him he was past the deadline for the pre-existing condition and the Cancel for Any Reason. He said the other website he called didn't press him on the deposit date that and he thought I was being too strict on the interpretation.

He didn't buy from us and I hope he didn't trick anyone else into selling a policy to him.

Steve Dasseos

Other than the deposit date, medically do they look back for a pre-existing condition?  Or is it that If you purchase within X days of deposit they don't look at your health?

That guy in your antidote can buy the insurance from anyone who doesn't ask the correct questions or doesn't know the key points of coverage.  The problem isn't paying the premium, it's not having the claim denied when it's submitted because it didn't qualify.

I know when I had a claim, they wanted to see both the credit card statement showing the deposit paid date and the booking confirmation to confirm that date as well.

Thankx.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

2 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Other than the deposit date, medically do they look back for a pre-existing condition?  Or is it that If you purchase within X days of deposit they don't look at your health?

That guy in your antidote can buy the insurance from anyone who doesn't ask the correct questions or doesn't know the key points of coverage.  The problem isn't paying the premium, it's not having the claim denied when it's submitted because it didn't qualify.

Hi Steve,

> do they look back for a pre-existing condition?  Or is it that If you purchase within X days of deposit they don't look at your health?

If there's a medical claim and the documentation shows someone was past the pre-ex waiver deadline, the insurance company likely will ask for medical records to see if the condition is pre-existing.

> The problem isn't paying the premium, it's not having the claim denied when it's submitted because it didn't qualify.

Yes, getting the claim paid is what's important.

Steve Dasseos