Jump to content

Recommended Posts

It's a very personal decision.

Things may quiet down by then or we may have a second wave.

Most importantly, how much risk are you willing to take in relation to your personal health.'.

Only you have the answer to that.

Personally, I am hoping for the best but not booking anything till there is an effective vaccine/drug for this - but that's just me.

Others - Susiesan - is practically anxious to get it so she can have antibodies. That shouldn't be very hard if she is serious about it 🙂

Edited by Paulchili
Link to post
Share on other sites

We're hoping that by next May there will be a vaccine or at the very least a more effective treatment.

As you say it's a personal choice and whilst we don't want to take undue risks we also don't want to live our remaining lives in fear.

We can cancel  and have deposit returned up to end of January or take a credit any time upto 48hours before travelling.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Paulchili said:

It's a very personal decision.

Things may quiet down by then or we may have a second wave.

Most importantly, how much risk are you willing to take in relation to your personal health.'.

Only you have the answer to that.

Personally, I am hoping for the best but not booking anything till there is an effective vaccine/drug for this - but that's just me.

Others - Susiesan - is practically anxious to get it so she can have antibodies. That shouldn't be very hard if she is serious about it 🙂

I am serious about it. I just volunteered to participate in one of 2  covid vaccine trials ongoing here in Kansas City. One I didn't qualify for because I don't work in a high risk for exposure business like a restaurant or retail. The other has their quota of over age 55 volunteers filled. I asked to be called if someone drops out. My husband has been mildly sick for the last week, maybe with a cold or maybe with covid-19. Don't know but perhaps I acquired my antibodies already. 🤑

Link to post
Share on other sites

Booked a repositioning cruise on Sirena October 2021, Southampton to Miami, and then a short ride home.  Seemed a good deal (A1) for 15 days and easily cancellable until April 2021.  First time on Oceana.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We booked a January 2022 cruise back in early February. I'm cautiously optimistic but then we don't have to make a decision for another year yet.

We have no other travel booked at this time except next week when we drive to Iowa to pick up our new puppy! He'll keep us close to home for the near future.

IMG_20200628_101653739_MP.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sea42 - Aw to sweet!!  I want a puppy too!!  Hehe!!

 

We cancelled two cruises for 2020 and one 2021, but booked one for 2022 that is similar to the 2021.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course, after we booked we received another offer of 10% off for O club members which would have reduced our total price by £500 ☹️

I emailed our O agent who promptly re invoiced us for the new amount 😃

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2020 at 1:04 AM, Glenndale said:

Of course, after we booked we received another offer of 10% off for O club members which would have reduced our total price by £500 ☹️

I emailed our O agent who promptly re invoiced us for the new amount 😃

 

 

 

Good for you for taking the "plunge"!!! Enjoy!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Luann, 

Hope you are both well.

Michael is less keen obviously, due to being male and more elderly, doubtful we will fly long haul again so British Isles seems a fairly safe bet. We can always take a view on this after Christmas.One good thing with Oceania our deposit is safe.

Stay safe x

Edited by Glenndale
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2020 at 3:19 PM, Glenndale said:

We're hoping that by next May there will be a vaccine or at the very least a more effective treatment.

As you say it's a personal choice and whilst we don't want to take undue risks we also don't want to live our remaining lives in fear.

We can cancel  and have deposit returned up to end of January or take a credit any time upto 48hours before travelling.

 

We haven t previously cruised with Oceania but are interested in a cruise on Sirena next June.My concern is that at the moment FCO advice is for no cruising and if we book and the advice hasn t changed before the deposit is due we may lose the deposit as insurance probably wouldn t cover us.However I notice you state that you can cancel and have deposit returned before the end of January.Is this usual practice with Oceania cruises as most cruise companies you lose your deposit if you cancel. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it’s in their T&Cs.

I suggest you give them a call and speak to one of their agents, they’ll be able to answer your questions.

If you decide to book using a TA check that the agent’s T&Cs don’t include losing your deposit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2020 at 4:04 AM, Glenndale said:

Of course, after we booked we received another offer of 10% off for O club members which would have reduced our total price by £500 ☹️

I emailed our O agent who promptly re invoiced us for the new amount 😃

 

 

Was this in addition to the July 4th offer? We booked through the July 4th offer (W Med in May 2021 - fingers crossed!) but didn't think we could also take advantage of the 10% discount on top of that... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, clairol said:

Was this in addition to the July 4th offer? We booked through the July 4th offer (W Med in May 2021 - fingers crossed!) but didn't think we could also take advantage of the 10% discount on top of that... 

Not in addition to.

The price offered with the 10% discount proved to be cheaper than the July sale price.

I just wish cruise lines would stop with these tactics of different offers but it’s up to us to be alert.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Glenndale said:

Not in addition to.

The price offered with the 10% discount proved to be cheaper than the July sale price.

I just wish cruise lines would stop with these tactics of different offers but it’s up to us to be alert.

Thanks for the clarification! I was going to ask you to book our future trips if you managed both promotions. 😆I hope your cruise is possible and that you enjoy it thoroughly! Stay safe. 

Edited by clairol
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2020 at 12:21 AM, Glenndale said:

Hi Luann, 

Hope you are both well.

Michael is less keen obviously, due to being male and more elderly, doubtful we will fly long haul again so British Isles seems a fairly safe bet. We can always take a view on this after Christmas.One good thing with Oceania our deposit is safe.

Stay safe x

 

You do as well!!! We are booked on the Riviera for the mid March '21 T/A...not sure what will happen with that?? 😞

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2020 at 4:41 PM, LHT28 said:

I think the big problem is  they  were hoping to sail by the fall  but as events unfold  that date looks  like  it will not happen

 Maybe 2021  or maybe  we will be in the 2nd wave  of the virus

Seems some States/Countries  will never be free of the virus

We may be doomed to our homes

JMO

Sadly Nowhere will be free of Covid-19 until there’s an effective vaccine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve just booked the 4 cat upgrade on 24th July for Sirena cruise April 21 Barcelona round trip. I think I was just very lucky that this TA was continuing the promotion. However I think I will phone them re the O member 10% off deal, if I don’t ask I won’t get. 🙈😂 mind you if my TA says that they cannot be combined then I’ll stick with the 4 cat upgrade as it was a good saving.

Edited by Issyalex
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2020 at 12:06 PM, clo said:

We'd love to come to Canada but can't do that either. And that's how it should be. A lot of the US has proven themselves unworthy of travel.

Who gets to determine if one is “unworthy of travel”?  Very curious....

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, frankdp said:

Who gets to determine if one is “unworthy of travel”?  Very curious....

Well, the rest of the world makes the decision...based on things like this. From the CDC yesterday. I wouldn't let us in. We're definitely among the "unclean."

TOTAL CASES4,163,892

64,582 New Cases*

 

TOTAL DEATHS145,942

929 New Deaths*

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Shawnino said:

 

True, but maybe some of the fearmongering will dissipate.

 

I literally fear for my life as I do not have a death wish - I don't consider that fear mongering. 

Can't speak for everyone.

Edited by Paulchili
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

I literally fear for my life as I do not have a death wish - I don't consider that fear mongering. 

Can't speak for everyone.


‘if you have the virus now, I wish you the very best.

if not, I invite you to get ahold of yourself.

 

socially distance where possible.

wear a mask.

wash and sanitize your hands frequently.

get on with the business of living.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...