Any catch Odyssey’s subtle design change? At one point it had two pools on the main deck and now it only has one. Either that or I’m looking at wrong area. Royal’s website shows it both ways, even in same video. Deck plans suggest second pool has been scrapped.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/odyssey-of-the-seas

D430D789-B836-4B1F-9B8B-161486B9EB9A.png

5934DFCE-C5F6-482B-9FCC-F4A774CE1A2F.jpeg

Edited by Heymarco
Spacing issue
25 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Any catch Odyssey’s subtle design change? At one point it had two pools on the main deck and now it only has one. Either that or I’m looking at wrong area. Royal’s website shows it both ways, even in same video. Deck plans suggest second pool has been scrapped.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/odyssey-of-the-seas

D430D789-B836-4B1F-9B8B-161486B9EB9A.png

5934DFCE-C5F6-482B-9FCC-F4A774CE1A2F.jpeg

What's under North Star

1 hour ago, Karma5 said:

There is one inside pool, one outside pool and the solarium........................

The “inside” pool on the other Quantum / Quantum Ultra class ships will be a 2nd outdoor pool on this ship. They got rid of the glass canopy for this ship. 

Edited by SkaterJasp

The concept with 2 pools side by side looks pretty cramp and have too much going on. The single larger pool seems to be a better choice. Plus there will be another outdoor-ish pool under the Northstar. 

4 hours ago, SkaterJasp said:

The concept with 2 pools side by side looks pretty cramp and have too much going on. The single larger pool seems to be a better choice. Plus there will be another outdoor-ish pool under the Northstar. 

Reminded me of Voyager/Freedom

Navigator received the split pool (side by side) and it works quite well.  Each side pool has in-water seating the length of the pool.  

NeepXcp.jpg

0mDvJqb.jpg

Edited by twangster

I’m just saying that in the concept art it looks too cramp with 2 pools. It looks really narrow. Even in the actual videos and photos from Navigator the pools look really narrow. It does look nice but extremely narrow of a pool. If you have people sitting on both side of the individual pool, there’s really not much room to swim in. 

Artist renditions are great, we'll have to see when it's built.  

If it does turn out like Navigator, I never felt as if it's cramped.  I rather enjoyed Navigator's resort pool design. 

Like many things though, different strokes for different folks.  

I doubt they ever intended to have split pools on Odyssey, but rather used some stock footage of an amped Voyager/Freedom class ship to show the general theme of the pool area.  All of the Quantum class ships have their pools in the same place, so there's no reason to expect Odyssey to be different.  It's easy to change decor, but not so much major structural components.  The entire layout of Deck 13 would have to change to allow depth for split pools.

On 6/30/2020 at 10:58 AM, SkaterJasp said:

I’m just saying that in the concept art it looks too cramp with 2 pools. It looks really narrow. Even in the actual videos and photos from Navigator the pools look really narrow. It does look nice but extremely narrow of a pool. If you have people sitting on both side of the individual pool, there’s really not much room to swim in. 

I rarely see people "swimming", other than maybe kids.  Usually just hanging out by the edge of the pool talking and drinking.  Two pools, even if it means the pools are narrow, would have more "edge" space.  I like the idea of the in pool seating in Twangster's pictures.

The double pool photo is a concept image of Naviagtor’s redesigned pool deck to illustrate the new tropical vibe. 

The second photo is a true rendition of the pool on Odyssey. They didn’t change the design, they used the same single pool layout as earlier Quantum class. 

Royal Caribbean is notorious for using incorrect images of other ships/ship classes on its website and in advertising, whether to be misleading or just lacking attention to detail is anybody’s guess. 

On 6/29/2020 at 10:57 PM, SkaterJasp said:

The “inside” pool on the other Quantum / Quantum Ultra class ships will be a 2nd outdoor pool on this ship. They got rid of the glass canopy for this ship. 

Bummer! The indoor pool was one of my favorite features on Quantum class ships! 😟