Broadway Theatres extended closures to 3/1/21 etc.

Broadway Theatres have extended their closures to 3/1/21.  

Cirque du Soleil files for bankruptcy. It has shut down 44 shows and laid off 95% of workforce with $900 million debt. 

HAL

It is a very sad time for live theatre throughout the world.  

20 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

January or March?

Broadway Will Remain Closed Through the Rest of the Year

The industry said it would refund tickets through Jan. 3, and hopes that shows would be able to reopen “over a series of rolling dates in early 2021.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/29/theater/when-broadway-reopening-coronavirus.html

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

That is why I prefer to use DDMMMYYYY as my custom date format, no confusion as the month is spelt out. i.e 3 Jan 2021.

21 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I do that too. Much clearer. 

I work for an American company, so always spell out the month. Likewise, as Americans think there is only one dollar (USD), I always need to write $A when referring to our money. Don't get me started on materials costs being pennies per pound 😮

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I wonder if the New Years Eve fireworks on Sydney Harbour will go ahead this year?  

Very interesting question. My opinion would be no at this stage. Could change if circumstances change.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mr walker said:

I work for an American company, so always spell out the month. Likewise, as Americans think there is only one dollar (USD), I always need to write $A when referring to our money. Don't get me started on materials costs being pennies per pound 😮

as in nails?

On 7/1/2020 at 1:15 AM, aussielozzie18 said:

I wonder if the New Years Eve fireworks on Sydney Harbour will go ahead this year?  

I hope not already too much money has been squandered this year.

regarding Broadway...devastating for all involved.....not sure how they will resume...of all theaters those typical Broadway theaters really have TIGHT seating and would have to do at best every third seat...I don't think every other will work. Not sure they can make it with those numbers.

5 hours ago, kathy49 said:

regarding Broadway...devastating for all involved.....not sure how they will resume...of all theaters those typical Broadway theaters really have TIGHT seating and would have to do at best every third seat...I don't think every other will work. Not sure they can make it with those numbers.

Yes ,it’s very grim . The latest move to bring entertainment back seems to be a comeback  of the drive in movies . Walmart have decided their supermarket car parks would be ideal .🚘🚘🚘🚘🚘🚘🚘🚘🚘🚘🚘

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer

1 hour ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Yes ,it’s very grim . The latest move to bring entertainment back seems to be a comeback  of the drive in movies . Walmart have decided their supermarket car parks would be ideal .🚘🚘🚘🚘🚘🚘🚘🚘🚘🚘🚘

I think that is a good idea....those businesses that get very creative for the next months might make it...those that don't will be gone.

I think lots of communities are finding these pop ups, we have had a few but they are restricted to 50 cars at this point. I'm not sure when Dr. Henry will relax that limitation. We have a few actual movie theaters opening with restrictions including the IMAX. We have season passes for IMAX so we'll be interested to see what's on.

I was hoping the Victoria would get its act together (figuratively and literally), after flying down for the Harry Potter show back in March I would like to see some more. Could be a while now before that happens. With so many live shows in Melbourne there must be a lot of actors out of work there too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

I was hoping the Victoria would get its act together (figuratively and literally), after flying down for the Harry Potter show back in March I would like to see some more. Could be a while now before that happens. With so many live shows in Melbourne there must be a lot of actors out of work there too.

And support crew. My nephew is a stage manager who hasn't worked since the theatres closed.

Leigh

5 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Canberra has had a pop up drive-in that was set up for watching movies during Covid, it is still going.

Do they have popcorn Mic? 

th (1).jpg

Edited by NSWP

4 hours ago, possum52 said:

And support crew. My nephew is a stage manager who hasn't worked since the theatres closed.

Leigh

Quite correct, I thought of that a minute or two after I posted.

Looks like it may be even longer before I go back with the border now closed. Bummer. I had a feeling the closure could happen.

• Like 1