Odyssey sailings canceled till April 17.2021

Royal Caribbean cancels all Odyssey of the Seas sailings through April 2021

IN: 
By: 
Matt Hochberg

Royal Caribbean has announced due to COVID-19's impact on the cruise line and shipyard operations, it has cancelled all scheduled Odyssey of the Seas sailings between November 5, 2020 - April 17, 2021.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/sites/default/files/styles/500px/public/blog-images/RCCL_Odyssey_CGI03_AftNight_09_RET_CROP_LR.jpg?itok=CWiedwCL

The cruise line made the announcement on Tuesday that the next new cruise ship on order is officially delayed due to a variety of factors that Royal Caribbean faces in the current economic climate

We were scheduled for Apr 9-17, 2021...was a great 8 night Southern Caribbean...no cancellation email yet.

Anyone who received their email, any compensation offered?

We were unfortunately locked into that date for 2021 so not much ability to change for us so will be looking towards 2022 I guess :(

2 hours ago, E23NK1 said:

We were scheduled for Apr 9-17, 2021...was a great 8 night Southern Caribbean...no cancellation email yet.

Anyone who received their email, any compensation offered?

We were unfortunately locked into that date for 2021 so not much ability to change for us so will be looking towards 2022 I guess :(

I am also on this sailing and no email yet.  I guess they are doing in batches.

I felt something in the wind back in April and so I booked this same ship for April 2022 and the same room and itinerary.

NOW if that sailing does NOT go, I just   *&&%#@  GIVE UP and will throw a pity party.

Lost 7 cruises this year and waiting to hear about Sky Princess in Nov 2020 to southern Caribbean out of Miami which is having it's own issues.  So much for warm weather killing the virus right?????

I am glad I also booked Odyssey for next summer out of Rome to Italy. 

Still feel bad for all your wonderful folks who want to sail on this ship and others.  I did not get to sail on Symphony this past April.  Darn this virus!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and the two fires as well.  I guess I will take the FCC so I can apply to another cruise.

Hi,

I was booked on the cruise scheduled to depart on Feb. 26, 2021. I received the notification of the cancellation from Royal Caribbean this morning. I already have applied for the refund of my deposit.

Chuck 

23 minutes ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi,

I was booked on the cruise scheduled to depart on Feb. 26, 2021. I received the notification of the cancellation from Royal Caribbean this morning. I already have applied for the refund of my deposit.

Chuck 

Did you click on the alleged link in the email? Mine has no link, just "click here" which does nothing. Or did you call?

We were booked for December 12....have done a shift and lift to December 2021.  Was able to get the same connecting cabins, but it takes about 48 hours to have the pricing adjusted.  When you shift and lift you are supposed to get the same pricing as your cancelled cruise.

Confused and concerned... my TA (and RCL) states in order to use the Lift and Shift benefit, it must be the same ship and itinerary. However, the 6-day sailing offered in Jan 2021 includes Labadee, Haiti. However, the itineraries for end of 2021/into 2022 changed from Haiti to Grand Cayman.

Since no same itineraries are offered, no one can tell me how to use the Lift and Shift benefit.

I spoke to Royal Caribbean directly, and because the itinerary for 2021 had substituted Grand Cayman for Nassau, the agent had to get authorization.  It took a while on hold but it did get done.  However, the Agent says the price takes about 48 hours to adjust so until that happens I don’t consider it finalized.

Oh dear, it's going from bad to worse.  I wonder will Odyssey still be doing the Med next year do you think?

I am in the process of trying L&S from Allure this summer  to Odyssey for next summer and despite numerous phone calls over the past 3 weeks and a phone bill of over £50 in excess of what I usually pay, I'm still being given the run around and have not received a confirmation invoice of the new price adjustment.   It's not looking good.

Edited by livylotte
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, mayleeman said:

Did you click on the alleged link in the email? Mine has no link, just "click here" which does nothing. Or did you call?

Hi,

There was no link in my email, either. I did some searches for "refund" on the Royal Caribbean website and finally found a link. I received a confirmation email after I submitted the request.

Chuck

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dennis#1 said:

So sad. We were looking forward to sailing in the Odyssey on Feb. 23, 2021.  This makes the 7th cruise cancellation due to the coronavirus.

Yeah and that doesn't factor in last minute GGG cruises I usually look for last minute that isn't going to happen this year.  However with the global impact of this thing I can't dwell on losing some cruises.  It's surreal, like living in a bad sci-fi movie.

• Like 2

Bummer here I got my email... we was to be on Jan 9th for my daughter's college graduation gift.  I don't know to just change it to another ship or not...if there will even be cruising by then.

Anyone hear if you can take future credit for just 2 and refund one ...cause she will not be able to go any other month.

Edited by sj25

17 hours ago, TheCruisingKids said:

Confused and concerned... my TA (and RCL) states in order to use the Lift and Shift benefit, it must be the same ship and itinerary. However, the 6-day sailing offered in Jan 2021 includes Labadee, Haiti. However, the itineraries for end of 2021/into 2022 changed from Haiti to Grand Cayman.

Since no same itineraries are offered, no one can tell me how to use the Lift and Shift benefit.

It does not have to be the same ship.  We were booked on the Empress and did the L & S to the Odyssey.  The ports do not need to be the exact same either.  The Odyssey sailing we switched to did not have a single port the same as the original sailing, nor does it depart from the same port as the originally booked Empress cruise.  What is the same is that both were the same length and both were in roughly the same area of the Caribbean in our case.  RCCL has to be a bit flexible because ships change home ports from year to year, they change length of sailings, and they change ports.  You can go to RCCL's page and request to do the L & S online.  You need to input your reservation number, name, ship, and date of sailing and then it will list for you approved sailings you are allowed to do the L & S to.  It will tell you the new sailing dates and the ship you would be on.  It is up to you to look up the ports for that sailing however.

3 hours ago, sj25 said:

Anyone hear if you can take future credit for just 2 and refund one ...cause she will not be able to go any other month.

The option you take, is the same for everyone on the reservation - take the refund.

3 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

You can go to RCCL's page and request to do the L & S online.  You need to input your reservation number, name, ship, and date of sailing and then it will list for you approved sailings you are allowed to do the L & S to.  It will tell you the new sailing dates and the ship you would be on.  It is up to you to look up the ports for that sailing however.

L&S online link? 

36 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

"Construction delays"????  Didn't the thing catch fire? My first thought......insurance money hahaha

Clean up.  The Germans don't have a local ServePro franchise. so that's a different union and contract.

Then restart on the damaged area.

But other construction goes on.

GO HABS!!!!😁