Amount Due Showing Online is too High

cnktodhunter

Just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention in case it affects people other that just us. I've just logged into our booking for our 2021 Scandinavia and St Petersburg Cruise. Whilst I was in there I glanced at the 'Amount Due' and thought to myself: "that doesn't look right, I think that's too high". So I dug out our original booking confirmation from May 26th, and I'm right, the balance showing online is £200 more than it should be!

The invoice says that £6,558.00 is due. 

The website says that £6,758.00 is due. 

Is this yet another website glitch by Celebrity I wonder, or something else? Anyone else seeing incorrect balances? I've emailed Customer Relations so will see what they come back with.

Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 15.14.51.png

Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 15.15.08.png

40 minutes ago, cnktodhunter said:

Just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention in case it affects people other that just us. I've just logged into our booking for our 2021 Scandinavia and St Petersburg Cruise. Whilst I was in there I glanced at the 'Amount Due' and thought to myself: "that doesn't look right, I think that's too high". So I dug out our original booking confirmation from May 26th, and I'm right, the balance showing online is £200 more than it should be!

The invoice says that £6,558.00 is due. 

The website says that £6,758.00 is due. 

Is this yet another website glitch by Celebrity I wonder, or something else? Anyone else seeing incorrect balances? I've emailed Customer Relations so will see what they come back with.

Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 15.14.51.png

Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 15.15.08.png

Why does your stateroom total, 7,098.00 show different than your invoice total, 6,898.00? Charges and balance is good with ours. 

Edited by davekathy

This happened with me and I was incorrectly charged a $200 change fee.  In my particular instance the cruise was chartered so I changed to a different date.  My rate was non-refundable and this $200 was in the fine print I agreed to.  Since, it was a change that was due to a Celebrity change and not me, it was reversed.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Why does your stateroom total, 7,098.00 show different than your invoice total, 6,898.00? Charges and balance is good with ours. 

That seems to be the problem, but I have no idea where the extra £200 has come from!

7 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

This happened with me and I was incorrectly charged a $200 change fee.  In my particular instance the cruise was chartered so I changed to a different date.  My rate was non-refundable and this $200 was in the fine print I agreed to.  Since, it was a change that was due to a Celebrity change and not me, it was reversed.

Interesting, this was a new booking though so don't think that can be the answer in this case.

I've adopted the habit of starting a spreadsheet for my bookings with Celebrity and entering all relevant financial information as I go. It has saved me a lot of headaches when trying to determine where some of their figures come from, but I'm not sure if it would have helped in your case. I'll be interested in hearing what they tell you.

How do you find this information about payment due on line, please? I have looked many times at my future cruises and never have been able to determine how to do this. I am booked with a TA, so is that the problem?

10 minutes ago, 39august said:

How do you find this information about payment due on line, please? I have looked many times at my future cruises and never have been able to determine how to do this. I am booked with a TA, so is that the problem?

Once you're logged in, click on already booked. A drop down will appear with two options. View vacation and make payment. Click on make payment. Another screen will open showing details for your cruise and balance due. 

Edited by davekathy

18 hours ago, 39august said:

Yes.  You won't see your invoice in the Celebrity portal if you booked with a TA.  Has your TA provided you with an itemized invoice?  If not, they should!

• 3 weeks later...

So I had a response from Celebrity Customer Service yesterday. Seems this was another mystery Celebrity IT glitch...

On investigation, our automated system added £100 per person to the cost at the moment you first linked/viewed the booking through your online account but clearly this should not of happened. 

I have reinstated the original cost and will send you another invoice to confirm this. I believe this was a one off error and apologise for this. However, should you notice any further changes in the future, pease don't hesitate to contact us?”

Very odd and they don’t exactly seem confident that it won’t happen again! Luckily we’ve applied our FCC to this booking so it’ll be very obvious if any more gets added to the balance... Worth keeping track of these things in future!

• 1 year later...

It has happened to me as well. I was told it was because I was going into "manage my vacation" and looking at other things even though I didnt approve them. It was constantly adding back the gratuities charge. Celebrity did fix this though. Once I stopped looking through manage my vacation, it stopped. I havent had the guts to see if I go in again that it will happen again.

29 minutes ago, samplecd02 said:

It has happened to me as well. I was told it was because I was going into "manage my vacation" and looking at other things even though I didnt approve them. It was constantly adding back the gratuities charge. Celebrity did fix this though. Once I stopped looking through manage my vacation, it stopped. I havent had the guts to see if I go in again that it will happen again.

So, that means you can’t pre book excursions or dining.

Well done Celebrity.😱

10 hours ago, upwarduk said:

So, that means you can’t pre book excursions or dining.

Well done Celebrity.😱

I was able to book shore excursions and dining. Just go thru Cruise Planner instead of Manage my Vacation

Edited by samplecd02