Pullmantur's Ships Will Be Returned To Royal Caribbean

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet.  Rumors say Royal is claiming Sovereign and Monarch.

https://www.elrincondeltripulante.xyz/2020/06/pullmanturs-ships-will-be-returned-to.html?m=1&fbclid=IwAR0MYsaR5Raqmp2t5-p398gYzs8R10zI5fhSdM617K8NKrh5W-uThfzs2hM

Can anyone confirm if the ships were rented or financed by Royal to Pullmantur?  If so I can see why Royal would claim them so the bankruptcy courts don't.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SRF said:

Hmm, I wonder if this will affect the "sale" of Grandeur??

I suspect so. 

That leads to the next question.  Will they still move Enchantment to Baltimore if the sale of Grandeur falls through?  

• Like 2

The company being taken into bankruptcy in Spain is the travel agency that sells the cruises on the Pullmantur Cruise Ships, Pullmantur SA.  This agency was owned by Pullmantur Holding together with RCL. 

The ownership information for each ship is shown on the ship register website at Det Norske Veritas. 

I am no expert in this area but it is interesting to note how each ship is registered. Quantum is owned by "Quantum of the Seas Inc" and Sovereign is owned by Pullmantur Cruises Sovereign Ltd. and not by the now bankrupt Pullmantur SA nor directly by Pullmantur Holdings. 

Interestingly, Grandeur is owned by RCL directly at the moment and the planned move to Pullmantur would be cancelled. 

The information for Sovereign is as follows currently: 

Owner:
Pullmantur Cruises Sovereign Ltd. (10048659)
(IMO number: 5432759)
Manager:
Pullmantur Cruises Ship Management Ltd. (10130203)
(IMO number: 5304986)
ISM/DOC holder:
Celebrity Cruises, Inc. (145279)
(IMO number: 2071600)

https://vesselregister.dnvgl.com/VesselRegister/vesseldetails.html?vesselid=G107405

29 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Just because the ships are returning to Royal doesn't imply that the ships will be put into service. There's no chance that will happen. They will be sold for scrap.

Hi looking at the Pullmature  Forum all three  Monarch   Sovereign   Horizon are on there way to Turkey for dismantling.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, so,ton saint said:

Hi looking at the Pullmature  Forum all three  Monarch   Sovereign   Horizon are on there way to Turkey for dismantling.

sad to hear about Sovereign being scrapped.  I mean if Empress can still sail why couldn't Sovereign.  I did the Sovereign it's first year and was a great ship at that time.  It started the current naming convention of xxxxx of the seas.

Right now everything in the cruise industry is very sad and a bit too harsh too.   I hear some airlines are ignoring CDC advice and putting folks in the middle seats.  News should go after them now and stop picking on cruise lines.  

Ok my rant  is over now.     .Sigh

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MADflyer said:

The company being taken into bankruptcy in Spain is the travel agency that sells the cruises on the Pullmantur Cruise Ships, Pullmantur SA.  This agency was owned by Pullmantur Holding together with RCL. 

The ownership information for each ship is shown on the ship register website at Det Norske Veritas. 

I am no expert in this area but it is interesting to note how each ship is registered. Quantum is owned by "Quantum of the Seas Inc" and Sovereign is owned by Pullmantur Cruises Sovereign Ltd. and not by the now bankrupt Pullmantur SA nor directly by Pullmantur Holdings. 

Interestingly, Grandeur is owned by RCL directly at the moment and the planned move to Pullmantur would be cancelled. 

The information for Sovereign is as follows currently: 

Owner:
Pullmantur Cruises Sovereign Ltd. (10048659)
(IMO number: 5432759)
Manager:
Pullmantur Cruises Ship Management Ltd. (10130203)
(IMO number: 5304986)
ISM/DOC holder:
Celebrity Cruises, Inc. (145279)
(IMO number: 2071600)

https://vesselregister.dnvgl.com/VesselRegister/vesseldetails.html?vesselid=G107405

It is quite common in the maritime industry that each ship is owned by a separate subsidiary, for liability reasons.  If you search DNV for the "owner" of Grandeur, RCL Cruises, Ltd, you'll find that Grandeur is the only ship "owned" by that company, though they "manage" 12 RCI ships, including Quantum.

53 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I hear some airlines are ignoring CDC advice and putting folks in the middle seats.  News should go after them now and stop picking on cruise lines.  

Flew 16 hours Manila to JFK on 6/18/20 with 3-3-3 seats and all but about 10 seats were occupied.  News has no trouble picking on airlines and cruising at the same time.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

sad to hear about Sovereign being scrapped.  I mean if Empress can still sail why couldn't Sovereign.  I did the Sovereign it's first year and was a great ship at that time.  It started the current naming convention of xxxxx of the seas.

Right now everything in the cruise industry is very sad and a bit too harsh too.   I hear some airlines are ignoring CDC advice and putting folks in the middle seats.  News should go after them now and stop picking on cruise lines.  

Ok my rant  is over now.     .Sigh

Rant away.  I agree about airlines.  They been wobbly on their safety policies for over a month now. 

That's why we booked our next two cruises after a vaccine will be available, AND from a port within driving distance.  Our next cruise that requires a flight isn't until November 2021.  Hopefully, we will have 2 vaccines in us, and herd immunity going strong, based on what's happening now in the US.   \

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, pcur said:

That's why we booked our next two cruises after a vaccine will be available, AND from a port within driving distance.  Our next cruise that requires a flight isn't until November 2021.

That’s some crystal ball 🔮. Tell us whose going to manufacture it so we can buy some stock. 

• Like 2

If in fact the ships are "owned" by RCI (i.e. Pullmantur Cruises Sovereign, Ltd is owned by RCI not Pullmantur), and Pullmantur is only leasing the ships, then the ships will be "returned" to their owner (RCI) who will then scrap them, and receive the value of the scrapping, rather than Pullmantur.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

That’s some crystal ball 🔮. Tell us whose going to manufacture it so we can buy some stock. 

Per Dr. Fauci of the CDC on 6/28:

With government support, three coronavirus vaccines are expected to be studied in large-scale clinical trials in the next three months.

I expect by next March it will be available, 9 months from now.

Edited by pcur

9 minutes ago, pcur said:

Per Dr. Fauci of the CDC:

With government support, three coronavirus vaccines are expected to be studied in large-scale clinical trials in the next three months.

Also per Dr. Fauci from today (6/30)

"It's extremely important to have safe and effective vaccines available for everyone in this country," Dr. Anthony Fauci, the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told a U.S. Senate committee.

Scores of vaccine candidates using a variety of approaches are being developed and tested at unprecedented speed.

Fauci, however, cautioned that "there is no guarantee ... we'll have a safe and effective vaccine," and he urged Americans to come together to contain the virus.

I am hoping as much as anybody that a safe vaccine is developed and distributed quickly.  We have to be realistic in our expectations however and understand that it may not happen as quickly as we would like it to.  There is no guarantee that we will have it by this time next year or the following year for that matter. 

• Like 2

Just now, badvector said:

Also per Dr. Fauci from today (6/30)

"It's extremely important to have safe and effective vaccines available for everyone in this country," Dr. Anthony Fauci, the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told a U.S. Senate committee.

Scores of vaccine candidates using a variety of approaches are being developed and tested at unprecedented speed.

Fauci, however, cautioned that "there is no guarantee ... we'll have a safe and effective vaccine," and he urged Americans to come together to contain the virus.

I am hoping as much as anybody that a safe vaccine is developed and distributed quickly.  We have to be realistic in our expectations however and understand that it may not happen as quickly as we would like it to.  There is no guarantee that we will have it by this time next year or the following year for that matter. 

I agree, and I also think in another 9 months they will have a vaccine available.  If not, we will move our cruises to a future date. 

I was merely providing the information and showing that it is indeed in the current news cycle.

7 hours ago, mugtech said:

Flew 16 hours Manila to JFK on 6/18/20 with 3-3-3 seats and all but about 10 seats were occupied.  News has no trouble picking on airlines and cruising at the same time.  

you are home now?  Awesome. That’s the best news all day. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

you are home now?  Awesome. That’s the best news all day. 

Thank you.  It took a 7 hour van ride, waiting 5 hours in the Manila airport, 16 hour flight, 2 hour 20 minute limo ride JFK to PA.  Worst jet lag ever!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Thank you.  It took a 7 hour van ride, waiting 5 hours in the Manila airport, 16 hour flight, 2 hour 20 minute limo ride JFK to PA.  Worst jet lag ever!

Wow!  That’s an adventure over and above the delayed return home. How many months longer where you away than intended?  I feel as though April was when you were scheduled to come home. 

I bet your bed at home never felt so good. Welcome home. ❤️

• Like 2

12 hours ago, pcur said:

I agree, and I also think in another 9 months they will have a vaccine available.  If not, we will move our cruises to a future date. 

I was merely providing the information and showing that it is indeed in the current news cycle.

I received a press release from the University of Cincinnati.  They are part of one of the Vaccine tests.  It all sounds great but there's a paragraph that gave me pause:

Patients who participate in the blinded, randomized, placebo-controlled study will receive either the vaccine, or a placebo, in two injections. The vaccine is incorporated into the patient’s cells, which should begin producing a viral antigen to which the immune system can respond. Patients will keep a daily electronic diary of their symptoms, and also participate in telehealth and clinic visits with UC Health clinicians over a two-year period.

I don't know if the 2 year period mentioned means that the vaccine would not be available for 2 years, or if it could be available earlier but the test would continue to run for 2 years.  I hope it's the later.

And a minor point...Dr. Fauci is not part of the CDC.  He's the Director of the NIAID.