Proof of cancellation upto 15th May

Stokie33

Hi all I've been into work tonight and my employer has asked for proof that my plans changed for the time I had booked off in May, just wondered if anyone had anything I could submit with my booking info. I never thought of it at the time as we were furloughed but as we don't get many floating days holiday everyone is precious 😂.

I've had a look back but didn't find anything any help appreciated 

Presumably a copy of your cruise invoice showing the date of your cruise and a screenshot of the information from P&O website about cancellations should suffice. It seems your employer is being very unreasonable given the circumstances though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stokie33 said:

I never received one as I think it went to my ta who were shut 

Contact your travel agent again who should now be open .

Non-essential retail shops in England, including high street travel agencies, were allowed to re-open from June 15, as long as they have new safety measures in place.

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

Presumably a copy of your cruise invoice showing the date of your cruise and a screenshot of the information from P&O website about cancellations should suffice. It seems your employer is being very unreasonable given the circumstances though.

I have to agree about the employer being unreasonable - do they not watch the news? 🙄

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

The best of it is we both work for the same employer but different departments, mine wants proof, my hubby's doesn't, they are worried they won't be able to cover all floating holidays. I've printed off the booking confirmation and all of the cancelled cruises from the FAQS  then gone mad with the highlighter. I'm not sure where they were for the whole of lockdown but probably not on this planet. Just checked our ta is the 3 letter one and they still aren't open yet

• Like 1

My employer made me take my holidays, the excuse being once things are back to normal everyone will be wanting to go away.

To be fair I have never had so much time off in 35 years of full time employment so made the best of the good weather and completely recharged my batteries!

4 hours ago, davemorton said:

If  you were on furlough, I hope they took you off furlough and paid you full pay for the time you were 'on holiday'.

No they didn't pay us holiday pay as we get average shift and overtime. Mine as now been wiped off still waiting go hear about hubby's. We only get 6 days a year floating all of the rest is fixed so each day is precious. We had to use 4 fixed days whit week but got paid the shift and overtime 

15 minutes ago, Stokie33 said:

No they didn't pay us holiday pay as we get average shift and overtime. Mine as now been wiped off still waiting go hear about hubby's. We only get 6 days a year floating all of the rest is fixed so each day is precious. We had to use 4 fixed days whit week but got paid the shift and overtime 

Crikey - sometimes I realise that my gripes about my previous employers are insignificant. 

Good luck.

• Like 1