EU Canada yes, USA no.

Oville

8 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

All problems aside- i wish my American friends, from the bottom of my heart a happy and healthy Independence Day!

--------------

g - thank you very much...

bon voyage

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fouremco said:

This thread isn't just discussion of a global pandemic, it's a more focussed discussion of the EU's opening of its borders to citizens of a small number of countries, including Canada but excluding the US.

As you know, Her Majesty is also the Queen of Canada, and the two countries enjoy a very special relationship because of it. One result has been that travel between the two nations has been easier over the years than for citizens of other countries. Then came the pandemic and old travel policies went out the window. Now, with Brexit on the one hand and the EU's decision to allow Canadians to enter now, @TeeRick's question about Canada - UK travel seems quite in keeping with the thread.

Thank you for your response Fouremco,...However it was TeeRicks response that I was curious to learn from given that he/ she had made the original comment about HM.

14 hours ago, Manchester is blue said:

Apologies Blackduck,59,...you are  quite right, my question was posed toward TeeRick, not yourself. 
TeeRick, perhaps for the purposes of clarity you would care to elaborate as to why you feel it necessary to bring HM the Queen into the debate about a global pandemic.

regards.

Please see Fouremco's response in post 97.  Stated perfectly.  I was not trying to say anything disrespectful about HM the Queen.  Or really anything at all about her.  Just brought up the question of travel between Commonwealth countries.  I was wondering because the UK is no longer under EU travel mandates or restrictions.

• Like 3

We are currently in Venice - enjoying the city without crowds.

Compared to the usual craziness, the narrow alleys seem deserted.

Just the typical spots have a few people gathering. 
Some people wear masks in the street, but it’s not mandatory.

It is in shops, churches, museums etc. and it is enforced - however, there’s not much need for enforcement. People actually follow the rules.

8463DA4B-784D-4BAC-9F9D-DB7ACDC6467F.thumb.jpeg.d95e7ef832a36a85124975d5aea898d6.jpeg

6B1F505F-C96B-467B-8B41-17B30293745C.thumb.jpeg.45a13dac8aa1504851380d91fa528cb3.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Miaminice said:

We are currently in Venice - enjoying the city without crowds.

Compared to the usual craziness, the narrow alleys seem deserted.

Just the typical spots have a few people gathering. 
Some people wear masks in the street, but it’s not mandatory.

It is in shops, churches, museums etc. and it is enforced - however, there’s not much need for enforcement. People actually follow the rules.

8463DA4B-784D-4BAC-9F9D-DB7ACDC6467F.thumb.jpeg.d95e7ef832a36a85124975d5aea898d6.jpeg

6B1F505F-C96B-467B-8B41-17B30293745C.thumb.jpeg.45a13dac8aa1504851380d91fa528cb3.jpeg

Amazing photos!  thank you for sharing the hope and dreams of many of us 🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Manchester is blue said:

Cheers TeeRick.

Thankyou for taking the time to respond and to clarify that you meant no disrespect to The Queen.

Happy Independence Day to you, and all of our cousins in the US.

Thank you for your good wishes ..we are in tryIng times but will prevail.    

The Queen is a special treasure to the World!  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I was wondering because the UK is no longer under EU travel mandates or restrictions.

Actually most rules still apply until December 2020 as the UK is in a transition period for leaving.

Edited by JBare
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, hcat said:

I am a big fan of "The Crown" on Netflix.  Anybody else?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JBare said:

Actually most rules still apply until December 2020 as the UK is in a transition period for leaving.

Thank you.  Good information.  I was trying to understand the details.

13 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Oh yes I am a big fan of The Crown , too!

On 7/5/2020 at 2:10 AM, hcat said:

Agreed- to both statements.

10 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Oh yes I am a big fan of The Crown , too!

Agreed- to both statements.

It's a great show, but remember, though based on actual events, it is still a show and not a documentary.  Sometimes it's easy to forget and think it's ALL true 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, sgmn said:

It's a great show, but remember, though based on actual events, it is still a show and not a documentary.  Sometimes it's easy to forget and think it's ALL true 

It never ceases to amaze me that so many people think shows or movies like this are completely factual ... 

16 hours ago, Lady Chew said:

It never ceases to amaze me that so many people think shows or movies like this are completely factual ... 

I just commented that I enjoyed watching the series.  I know it is not completely factual.  Nothing on TV, in Movies or in the Media is completely factual.  I personally am a fan of historical shows and historical fiction.  So why the comment?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/5/2020 at 5:48 AM, TeeRick said:

On 7/6/2020 at 5:51 AM, sgmn said:

16 hours ago, Lady Chew said:

Actually a lot of it is true!  Hard to believe but Roddy Llewellen was a scandal at the time.  The smogs of the 50s and early 60s. The Aberfan disaster etc.

Great series and very well done.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maryann2 said:

Actually a lot of it is true!  Hard to believe but Roddy Llewellen was a scandal at the time.  The smogs of the 50s and early 60s. The Aberfan disaster etc.

Great series and very well done.

Yes it is a nice blend of actual historical events with fictional themes to create a compelling series for watch-ability.  Not a documentary.  But even documentaries are in the eye of their creators too.

• Like 1