Happy Canada Day !

Orangefan

Happy Canada Day to all the Canadian cruisers !  Have a safe celebration.

I look forward to seeing you in late  2021 since I am not planning on cruising until I feel safe.

Stay well.

Sali

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Orangefan said:

Happy Canada Day to all the Canadian cruisers !  Have a safe celebration.

I look forward to seeing you in late  2021 since I am not planning on cruising until I feel safe.

Stay well.

Sali

How kind of you Sali.  You always remember your neighbors to the North !  May we be the first to wish you all a very safe but Happy Fourth of July.

Cheers

Louden

• Like 2

2 hours ago, louden said:

How kind of you Sali.  You always remember your neighbors to the North !  May we be the first to wish you all a very safe but Happy Fourth of July.

Cheers

Louden

Louden,

That was sweet of you to notice.  I always try to be first to wish my Canadian neighbors  " Happy Canada Day ".

I noticed that you are in Ontario. Are you closer to Toronto or further west ?

Sali

6 minutes ago, Orangefan said:

Louden,

That was sweet of you to notice.  I always try to be first to wish my Canadian neighbors  " Happy Canada Day ".

I noticed that you are in Ontario. Are you closer to Toronto or further west ?

Sali

We are east of TO.  Love to visit your area in the summer.  Especially the Finger Lakes region.  Guess this year we will just have to wait a little longer.

Cheers

Louden

Would also like to wish our neighbors up north a very Happy Canada Day!!  My Dad was born in P. E. I.  and we have loved all our visits to the Maritimes, Quebec & Ontario.  Had hoped to visit Vancouver & Victoria this year...but our cruises were cancelled.  Hoping to visit somewhere in one of the Provinces as soon as the virus is behind us and borders are open once again.  

51 minutes ago, louden said:

We are east of TO.  Love to visit your area in the summer.  Especially the Finger Lakes region.  Guess this year we will just have to wait a little longer.

Cheers

Louden

Check out this online guide for the Finger Lakes and other areas in New York State.

Sali

https://www.iloveny.com/places-to-go/finger-lakes/

43 minutes ago, louden said:

Thank you for the link !  A very Happy July 4th to you all.  Please party safe and keep well.

Louden

Hi Louden,

it will be a very quiet  July 4th.  There are no parades or big celebrations. They don't want any big gatherings. I have followed all the directions, masks, and social distancing. Except for the grocery store ( I go very early in the morning) and doctor's appointments I don't go out and about.

We are doing very well locally and the state. I don't want to go back to square one.  While we can social distance and wear a mask to visit with someone,  I am not going to take any chances.  I talk to my friends on the phone or email.

I  used to go to the Y every day  for classes. Now I have my favorite classes on You Tube that I exercise with a few hours every day.

May the second half of 2020 will be better than the first half.

Sali

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Dang it!  I had lots on my mind on July 1st and I overlooked Canada Day.  A belated best wishes to our neighbors to the North!  

No Problem !! Happy 4th of July !!  Hope you spend with family and friends and remember all the good times that have been and hopefully lie ahead.

Cheers

Louden

• Like 1

We're going to have a major celebration for July 4th. We're going to use a certificate I won from a radio station and go to Schubert's for ice cream. It's a local business that's been here since 1938. They make wonderful ice cream. We'll each have a double scoop in a waffle cone. We'll wear our masks to order and then take the cones outside to eat them. We'll have to be quick though as it's going to be 93°F (appx. 34°C) so the ice cream will start to melt pretty quickly. Then we'll go back home. It will be enough celebration for us.

I do love fireworks but all types of fireworks are illegal where I live. There will be a public display in a nearby town but no good place to watch it from and not worth the effort. We were visiting our daughter in Montana one 4th of July and were amazed by the awesome fireworks display that was simply what the surrounding neighbors were doing at their own homes. I'd love to have something like that but then the entire state would likely catch fire so it's really not a good idea. Ice cream will have to be enough.

• Like 1