Royal Caribbean sailing Sept 16?

They can plan to resume on September 16, just like they previously planned to resume August 1.  The plan is only good until the next suspension.  Once we're within 2 weeks of the startup day without it being changed, I might believe it's not going to be pushed back again.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

They can plan to resume on September 16, just like they previously planned to resume August 1.  The plan is only good until the next suspension.  Once we're within 2 weeks of the startup day without it being changed, I might believe it's not going to be pushed back again.

Obviously you mean September 16,2021 .

• Like 1

Who knows, but I am hoping.  Had 2 more cancelled for August, so our next one is Sept 18th.  All I can do is hope.  So far it makes 6 that have been cancelled with 2 more of them having the $18 bev pkg glitch.  So that makes 3 of the packages with the glitch I have lost so far.  So we will see what happens, but I will stay hopeful.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, timf2001 said:

Once we're within 2 weeks of the startup day without it being changed, I might believe it's not going to be pushed back again.

Sailings in China were available about 3 weeks out before they were cancelled on this last round. 

Cruise Week email I received a couple hours ago:  "well-placed sources tell us it's more than likely that the CDC will extend the pause beyond July 24, perhaps even beyond the current pause extension by CLIA through September 30."

2 hours ago, Anton said:

Cruise Week email I received a couple hours ago:  "well-placed sources tell us it's more than likely that the CDC will extend the pause beyond July 24, perhaps even beyond the current pause extension by CLIA through September 30."

So there is still hope for our cruise in October. 

15 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

Will we have to wear a mask?

@Yorkvillain only on formal nights. That’s when we go to the crew mess. 

13 hours ago, karena1 said:

Who knows, but I am hoping.  Had 2 more cancelled for August, so our next one is Sept 18th.  All I can do is hope.  So far it makes 6 that have been cancelled with 2 more of them having the $18 bev pkg glitch.  So that makes 3 of the packages with the glitch I have lost so far.  So we will see what happens, but I will stay hopeful.  

ln all honestly I’m losing hope for our January one, and by now I would have airfare booked for March 2021. I’m doubting that one will go as well.  At the way rates are increasing March might be the beginning of cruising, only if a lot of positive things happen. 

Many Islands are now making mandatory testing prior to flying in and upon arrival for airplane flights just in the last few days. I’m not sure how they will take to cruise guests, but I can’t see it being any less stringent.  

• Thanks 1

We are cruising Sept. 19, the perfect cruise was going to Labadee and Coco Cay.  I kind of wish they would cancel, my husband still wants to go.  I am worried that someone will get sick on the ship and we will all be stuck in our cabins.

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Nope.  I don't know about China, no US sailing until there's a vaccine.  Too many people can't follow some simple rules.

If you are correct, it is possible cruising will never resume. Vaccines have yet to be developed for other coronaviruses including SARS and MERS, so there is no guarantee an effective vaccine will be developed for the current coronavirus. 

17 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

If you are correct, it is possible cruising will never resume. Vaccines have yet to be developed for other coronaviruses including SARS and MERS, so there is no guarantee an effective vaccine will be developed for the current coronavirus. 

There have been zero cases of SARS since 2004.  The need for a vaccine went away very quickly.  They are currently using research from SARS to do the new COVID vaccine.  As for MERS, it's not that common.  There have been less than 3000 cases since 2012 so once again, no rush on a vaccine.   It's hard to get funding for a vaccine for something that isn't very common.

Edited by BND

40 minutes ago, GJM said:

We are cruising Sept. 19, the perfect cruise was going to Labadee and Coco Cay.  I kind of wish they would cancel, my husband still wants to go.  I am worried that someone will get sick on the ship and we will all be stuck in our cabins.

I was supposed to be on that cruise but switched it to September 2021. Besides be stuck in your cabin if just one person gets the virus, who knows how long you will be stuck on the ship and won't be allowed back off. I wouldnt want to be stuck on a ship for who knows how many weeks. It would be a very stressful vacation.

4 minutes ago, BND said:

There have been zero cases of SARS since 2004.  The need for a vaccine went away very quickly.  They are currently using research from SARS to do the new COVID vaccine.  As for MERS, it's not that common.  There have been less than 3000 cases since 2012 so once again, no rush on a vaccine.   It's hard to get funding for a vaccine for something that isn't very common.

All very good points. I was addressing the point that a lot of people believe it is a foregone conclusion that an effective vaccine will be developed, which is not a certainty. 

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

All very good points. I was addressing the point that a lot of people believe it is a foregone conclusion that an effective vaccine will be developed, which is not a certainty. 

Testing has been looking very good on the vaccines being developed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

The news media was reporting the same thing about the development of an HIV vaccine back in the mid 1980s, yet there is still no vaccine today. 

HIV and Covid are completely different viruses as has been point out either on this thread or another one.  One is blood borne, one is airborne and testing so far as has gone great.  People are showing immune responses.  

Edited by BND