Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Vibe

Royal Caribbean sailing Sept 16?

Recommended Posts

https://www.wesh.com/article/royal-caribbean-cruises-resuming/33022999

 

Local News Report.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They can plan to resume on September 16, just like they previously planned to resume August 1.  The plan is only good until the next suspension.  Once we're within 2 weeks of the startup day without it being changed, I might believe it's not going to be pushed back again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course the goal is to sail Sept 16th. It was also June 1st, July 27th, August 15th, September 15th (exact dates may be wrong). RCL has always assumed they would be sailing the first day after the CDC lockdowns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

Will we have to wear a mask?

 

18e19651cead5ce2d2f342ba51a58d90.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

They can plan to resume on September 16, just like they previously planned to resume August 1.  The plan is only good until the next suspension.  Once we're within 2 weeks of the startup day without it being changed, I might believe it's not going to be pushed back again.

Obviously you mean September 16,2021 .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

Will we have to wear a mask?

Yes

image.jpeg.d815dc805b28474c08b9d76fb67cb815.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who knows, but I am hoping.  Had 2 more cancelled for August, so our next one is Sept 18th.  All I can do is hope.  So far it makes 6 that have been cancelled with 2 more of them having the $18 bev pkg glitch.  So that makes 3 of the packages with the glitch I have lost so far.  So we will see what happens, but I will stay hopeful.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

Will we have to wear a mask?

I hope so!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, timf2001 said:

 Once we're within 2 weeks of the startup day without it being changed, I might believe it's not going to be pushed back again.

Sailings in China were available about 3 weeks out before they were cancelled on this last round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cruise Week email I received a couple hours ago:  "well-placed sources tell us it's more than likely that the CDC will extend the pause beyond July 24, perhaps even beyond the current pause extension by CLIA through September 30."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Anton said:

Cruise Week email I received a couple hours ago:  "well-placed sources tell us it's more than likely that the CDC will extend the pause beyond July 24, perhaps even beyond the current pause extension by CLIA through September 30."

 

So there is still hope for our cruise in October. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope.  I don't know about China, no US sailing until there's a vaccine.  Too many people can't follow some simple rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

Will we have to wear a mask?


@Yorkvillain only on formal nights. That’s when we go to the crew mess. 

 

13 hours ago, karena1 said:

Who knows, but I am hoping.  Had 2 more cancelled for August, so our next one is Sept 18th.  All I can do is hope.  So far it makes 6 that have been cancelled with 2 more of them having the $18 bev pkg glitch.  So that makes 3 of the packages with the glitch I have lost so far.  So we will see what happens, but I will stay hopeful.  


ln all honestly I’m losing hope for our January one, and by now I would have airfare booked for March 2021. I’m doubting that one will go as well.  At the way rates are increasing March might be the beginning of cruising, only if a lot of positive things happen. 

 

Many Islands are now making mandatory testing prior to flying in and upon arrival for airplane flights just in the last few days. I’m not sure how they will take to cruise guests, but I can’t see it being any less stringent.  
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are cruising Sept. 19, the perfect cruise was going to Labadee and Coco Cay.  I kind of wish they would cancel, my husband still wants to go.  I am worried that someone will get sick on the ship and we will all be stuck in our cabins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Nope.  I don't know about China, no US sailing until there's a vaccine.  Too many people can't follow some simple rules.


If you are correct, it is possible cruising will never resume. Vaccines have yet to be developed for other coronaviruses including SARS and MERS, so there is no guarantee an effective vaccine will be developed for the current coronavirus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:


If you are correct, it is possible cruising will never resume. Vaccines have yet to be developed for other coronaviruses including SARS and MERS, so there is no guarantee an effective vaccine will be developed for the current coronavirus. 

There have been zero cases of SARS since 2004.  The need for a vaccine went away very quickly.  They are currently using research from SARS to do the new COVID vaccine.  As for MERS, it's not that common.  There have been less than 3000 cases since 2012 so once again, no rush on a vaccine.   It's hard to get funding for a vaccine for something that isn't very common.

Edited by BND

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, GJM said:

We are cruising Sept. 19, the perfect cruise was going to Labadee and Coco Cay.  I kind of wish they would cancel, my husband still wants to go.  I am worried that someone will get sick on the ship and we will all be stuck in our cabins.

I was supposed to be on that cruise but switched it to September 2021. Besides be stuck in your cabin if just one person gets the virus, who knows how long you will be stuck on the ship and won't be allowed back off. I wouldnt want to be stuck on a ship for who knows how many weeks. It would be a very stressful vacation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BND said:

There have been zero cases of SARS since 2004.  The need for a vaccine went away very quickly.  They are currently using research from SARS to do the new COVID vaccine.  As for MERS, it's not that common.  There have been less than 3000 cases since 2012 so once again, no rush on a vaccine.   It's hard to get funding for a vaccine for something that isn't very common.


All very good points. I was addressing the point that a lot of people believe it is a foregone conclusion that an effective vaccine will be developed, which is not a certainty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:


All very good points. I was addressing the point that a lot of people believe it is a foregone conclusion that an effective vaccine will be developed, which is not a certainty. 

Testing has been looking very good on the vaccines being developed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BND said:

Testing has been looking very good on the vaccines being developed.


The news media was reporting the same thing about the development of an HIV vaccine back in the mid 1980s, yet there is still no vaccine today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...