Some Good News

pinotlover

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Well I've never heard of such, really? Have you tried dictating to them the price you'd prefer to pay also? 

Does this work with credit card companies also? 

I never negotiate cruise prices. I only book if I like the price. I mostly used one agent from a big online agency that would match other prices. And, if I asked he would requested that my final payment date be moved.  There have been times when moving dates made sense.   When I used my credit card for a large purchase, I have high security on my card to avoid fraud.  I have been a victim. I notify my credit card company of the upcoming charge...amount and payee. When it is posted, they call me. Works well most of the time except when I am cruising.  So if a final payment date is due while I will be away, I ask for a different date after I return home. I used to prepay.  My agent suggested to request a date After I get home from a trip. Worked really well. Never really had a problem. You may be pleasantly surprised at how nice cruise lines can be when you just ask for a reasonable accommodation. 

2 hours ago, Redtravel said:

I notify my credit card company of the upcoming charge...amount and payee. When it is posted, they call me.

Not sure which CC you use but with my Sapphire, which I use 90% of the time, I set up an automatic notification of ANY use or spending on the card that is not done in person.

I receive an e mail within minutes of a charge on that card and if it should be something I do not recognize, I can act immediately.

I suspect a similar service is offered with other CCs.

23 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Not sure which CC you use but with my Sapphire, which I use 90% of the time, I set up an automatic notification of ANY use or spending on the card that is not done in person.

I receive an e mail within minutes of a charge on that card and if it should be something I do not recognize, I can act immediately.

I suspect a similar service is offered with other CCs.

Yes, I can do that too. However, above a certain limit the credit card company will not authorize the charge unless they can call me and verify the purchase.  It protects against fraud.  Having been a fraud victim, just using email is not always secure. The credit card companies are getting really great at spotting fraud. Last week, I was notified that my card was used for an $.89 purchase at a store that I don't shop at. It was fraud. I got an email and responded.  Killed the card.  Since I travel or used to travel internationally often, it was the suggestion of my credit card company to do this.  Fraud is up during the pandemic. Be careful.  Check all purchases in person and not.

On 8/7/2020 at 6:15 AM, ORV said:

Well I've never heard of such, really? Have you tried dictating to them the price you'd prefer to pay also? 

Does this work with credit card companies also? 

Actually, with Chase  ( or the chase cards I have UA and Marriott), it does...I was able to adjust my due date almost 3 weeks !       

Speaking of final payment and how long out to pay for a cruise, depending on the cruise price and how you intend to source that payment, prepayment might be necessary to avoid tax impact.

For example, with this coming election and it's unknowns/ major tax changes, it might be financially  important to  consider... When using stock investment  it can also poise a potential risk as well.      Timing can be , thus, rather important

As the wicked witch, once said, " its not what  to do, it's how to do it"