Its time to move on from 2020

21 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Be that as it may, the point of reporting positive cases is unrelated to the symptoms that the infected person has. The point is that the more people who have covid the more it will spread. In my opinion the asymptomatic are the most dangerous because they are walking around not knowing that they are spreading the virus. Eventually those with minor symptoms will be passing it on to those with weaker immune systems and those with more compromised conditions. 

For me, as I process the information and decide whether I am going to flee to an underground bunker or go to the grocery store (in my mask) to get food, it IS related.  

I don't think very many people would argue with you that the virus spreads quickly and it has killed a lot of people and that we can slow the spread with mask-wearing/social distancing - BUT even with those measures in place, it will still spread.  Short of all of us going into underground bunkers while we wait for a vaccine that everyone can get, it will continue to spread.  Those with weaker immune system DO need to take extra precautions.   But there is another side to the story, where far more of the positive result folks have fully recovered (or never had symptoms).  And a side to the story where (sadly) some the people who have passed had other factors that contributed and may have even passed due to those other factors, but are counted as a Covid death because they had a positive test.

I just think we are owed the full picture and not a 10-second sound bite of doom.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, time4u2go said:

Do the states provide that level of detail to the media?  The media can't report it if they don't have it. 

If not, then they need to ask for it or start compiling it on their own.

3 minutes ago, momofmab said:

If not, then they need to ask for it or start compiling it on their own.

If the states don't provide the information, from whom would the media ask for it?  How could they possibly compile it on their own?  Do they have some secret source of information that the states themselves do not have? 

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

Did you not report 10,000 new cases yesterday or day before when the actual number was more like 9,000??  Why inflate the number?

M8

I was responding to someone that was discussing the absence of more detailed reporting information, like how many people were asymptomatic, had minor symptoms, how many recovered at home, etc.  See post #265.

For what it's worth, yesterday I said there were 9,000 new cases.  There were actually 8,948.  The day before that, I said there were 10,000.  There were actually 10,004.  Sorry I don't meet your exacting standards!

8 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

I was responding to someone that was discussing the absence of more detailed reporting information, like how many people were asymptomatic, had minor symptoms, how many recovered at home, etc.  See post #265.

For what it's worth, yesterday I said there were 9,000 new cases.  There were actually 8,948.  The day before that, I said there were 10,000.  There were actually 10,004.  Sorry I don't meet your exacting standards!

Post #197

You reported 10,000 when the number was less. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wesh.com/amp/article/florida-coronavirus-cases-wednesday/33247823

1413C25D-7C4E-47F9-8F61-628E9769DBA2.png

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I interpreted the article as saying the media has scared seniors and the at risk into not calling paramedics until its to late. 

Fair enough. I interpreted it differently. If someone dies because they are afraid to go to the hospital and potentially get Covid-19, they are also a victim of covid-19. Call it a side effect or collateral damage. All the more reason for some (not you) to not brush this off as a hoax).

Much like when an innocent victem is killed by a drunk driver, whether it's reported in the news or not, is still a victem of drunk driving.

Edited by HBE4

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Post #197

You reported 10,000 when the number was less. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wesh.com/amp/article/florida-coronavirus-cases-wednesday/33247823

1413C25D-7C4E-47F9-8F61-628E9769DBA2.png

The number was not less.  I got that number from the Florida Department of Health, which shows 10,004 cases were reported that day.  Are you saying FDOH is incorrect?

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

Fair enough. I interpreted it differently. If someone dies because they are afraid to go to the hospital and potentially get Covid-19, they are also a victim of covid-19. Call it a side effect or collateral damage. All the more reason for some (not you) to not brush this off as a hoax).

Much like when an innocent victem is killed by a drunk driver, whether it's reported in the news or not.

No way. So if someone dies of a heart attack because they are scared they might get COVID19???

Someone commits suicide, because they can’t pay rent or bills , count it as COVID19???

M8

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

The number was not less.  I got that number from the Florida Department of Health, which shows 10,004 cases were reported that day.  Are you saying FDOH is incorrect?

Read my link. It’s reported several places under 10k Wednesday. 

I don’t care see if it’s 9,999, it’s not 10k. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

FL gets a bad rep, I get it. But I mentioned this a week ago, and its still true.

I hope you didn't interpet any of my comments last night as FL bashing. More like I still can't believe I'm seeing people thinking cv19 is media sensation.  

Glad to see you are wearing a mask.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

No way. So if someone dies of a heart attack because they are scared they might get COVID19???

If people die because they are afraid of going to the hospital and catching cv19, then the primary reason of their death is their aliment.  But if going to the hospital could have saved their life, how is cv19 not partially responsible? 

I'm not saying it should be recorded as an official Covid-19 death.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I still can't believe I'm seeing people thinking cv19 is media sensation.  

Many of us believe there is a lot of media sensationalism.  Not a hoax. 

I watched a media report from a smaller hospital in South Florida. It was unreal. Hysterical at a minimum. 

M8

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Read my link. It’s reported several places under 10k Wednesday. 

M8

OK, I think I understand the confusion. 

The 10,000 number I stated earlier in the day on 7/8 (at 11:19 AM) was referring to cases reported for 7/7, because that's around the time that FDOH reports cases for the previous day on their website, and that's where I get my numbers.

The article you linked was updated at 5:31 PM on 7/8, and was referring to cases reported for 7/8, which was close to 9,000.  It was updated late enough in the day to include that day's numbers.

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

OK, I think I understand the confusion. 

The 10,000 number I stated earlier in the day (at 11:19 AM) was referring to cases reported for 7/8, because that's around the time that FDOH reports cases for the previous day on their website, and that's where I get my numbers.

The article you linked was updated at 5:31 PM on 7/9, and was referring to cases reported for 7/9, which was close to 9,000.  It was updated late enough in the day to include that day's numbers.

Ok. I’m not going to go back and look at the numbers. We should all be careful how we report the data available to us. There is so much junk out there. I reported the wrong death daily count yesterday. Had to come back and correct myself. 

I think we all know the daily positive and death rate. One would be living in a box if they were unaware. 

I get annoyed when media picks and chooses the data to meet their agenda. 

M8

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I hope you didn't interpet any of my comments last night as FL bashing. More like I still can't believe I'm seeing people thinking cv19 is media sensation.  

Glad to see you are wearing a mask.

Since day 1. Kind of got some grief because we had 3M N95 when they were scarce

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

If people die because they are afraid of going to the hospital and catching cv19, then the primary reason of their death is their aliment.  But if going to the hospital could have saved their life, how is cv19 not partially responsible? 

I feel the fear mongering media should shoulder part of the blame

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Since day 1. Kind of got some grief because we had a 3M N95 when they were scarce

Yep. I was one. I even had a brother who was wearing one while the boss couldn’t find one to round. 

My brother had a pack of 10 from doing some spray painting. I actually found a pack of 5 stuffed back in a shelve in the garage I had bought from Lowe’s to spray Roundup 

They seem to have what they need now. 

M8

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I couldn’t agree more. A few on CC are this way too. It’s like doom and gloom excites them. 

M8

I've retreated from that stance, it was wrong of me to suggest it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/8/2020 at 8:00 PM, cured said:

Whatever you say.  Stay healthy and don't find yourself in an ICU. Death is not the worst thing Covid-19 can do. Oxygen for life, double lung transplants, permanent heart, kidney, and/or liver damage, limb amputations due to clots are some of the more common side effects.

It doesn't matter how many people are ready to cruise, no one is cruising from the US till the CDC says they are cruising and there are ports in countries that will actually allow US citizens to enter.

Then prepare to stay isolated and scared my friend.  I have to point out that there there are precious few studies, much less peer reviewed, on all of those complications so far merely observed in C19 settings.  Correlation and causation are quite fundamental to the scientific method, I would expect you to be aware of that.

As for the CDC, they are approaching practical irrelevancy.  Sorry, but in real life, that's the case.  Walt Disney World is opening tomorrow* and the only thing blocking Disneyland is California officials.  The CDC will let the NSO quietly expire and pretty much pretend it never happened.

There are plenty of ports open right now.  If you check upcoming RCI sailings, a lot are doing both Coco Cay and Labadee plus another US territory or the Bahamas.  For a lot of cruisers, that's perfectly fine.

*Yes, I know they've been in previews.  Everyone, including Cast Members, are thrilled to be back.  Scare tactics aren't working anymore.  It's time to set sail.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

People have been made so scared of C19 that they are delaying treatments or not continuing treatments.

Suicides and overdoses are up dramatically due to isolation and people skipping therapy (forced or by choice).  I've seen 'experts' now worrying too many children are aren't getting vaccinations.  I can certainly see some being too afraid to go to the doctor for what should be a minor ailment if caught early.

All this is connected.  Too many look at C19 is complete isolation with no regard for side effects.

• Like 2