Should I try the Fantasy

KellyJean

I found a couple of really good prices on a 4-day cruise the week before Labor Day. The price difference between RCI's Sovereign of the Seas and CCL's Fantasy is less than $10. I've been on the Sovereign once but never been on the Fantasy. The itinerary difference is Fantasy goes to Freeport one day and Sovereign goes to CocoCay. As for the Sovereign itinerary, I know that I'd be happy just laying on the beach at Coco Cay all day. As for Freeport, never been there. Both ships go to Nassau - been there 3 times so I know I can find something to do or just stay on ship and relax.

Any input or advice would be appreciated.

Kelly

My Cruise Pics: http://community.webshots.com/user/kfrancis5

Cruise Critic Partae Pirates Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;02;13;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

partaepiratessmallsmall.gif?mtbrand=AOL_US

Carnival Miracle 02/13/05

Sovereign of the Seas, Cabin #4057 - 9/21/03

Brilliance of the Seas, Cabin #8670 - 11/09/2002

Paradise, Cabin E194 - 09/01/2001

Atlantic, 12/1991

Hi Kelly - I went on the Fantasy in Feb. Nice ship for her age but she is showing it a bit. The staff was good as you'd expect. Freeport is interesting....you dock in an industial port so the view isn't too nice, but when you get off the ship your right there - no walking down the long walkway like in Nassau. There is a small straw market right there for some trinkets. We did the Pirates of the Bahamas Beach Party and it was a blast. The beach was beautiful, the water blissful and the bbq pretty good. They played games and stuff all afternoon if you wanted to get involved or for a little extra you could parasail or take a banana boat ride or rent a jet ski or one of those balloon tire bike things. It was a bit of a haul to the beach thru some not pretty areas but the driver went very fast like they always do so it wasn't bad either...

I can't tell you anything else about Freeport since that was an all day thing but I wouldn't mind going there again...at least no one was pulling at us when we got off the boat to come and buy something....everyone was very nice and helpful...

HTH

Dawn

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;7;3;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until Century Western Carribean cruise time!

Then let the countdown to Carnival Miracle 08/07/04 begin

Carnival Fantasy - 02/04

... one cruise leads to another and another and another...

Dawn were you on the Fantasy before or after they supposedly refurbished her this year?

Kelly I just booked the Fantasy for the 3 day Bahamas cruise in July. I am used to brand new bigger ships so I hope I wont be disappointed.

Sue

SuzieQK

RCCL Sovereign O'Seas '96

NCL Leeward '97

Carnival Destiny '97

Carnival Destiny '98

Carnival Triumph '00

Carnival Paradise '01

Carnival Pride '02

RCCL Navigator of the Seas '03

Carnival Glory '04

My Miracle Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;3;27;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I was on the Fantasy just 2 years ago. I LOVED her. We had the absolute best service I have had on a cruise ship. I thought the size and layout were great. If you do a search, you can find my review and I have pictures posted at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/kellyccz

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Kelly

I leave for Tampa for my Miracle Cruise in:

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;11;18;0;17;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Carnival Miracle 11/21/04

Carnival Victory 3/23/03

Carnival Fantasy 3/3/02

Carnival Fascination 6/15/01

The Fantasy is one of my favorite ships. I cruised on this ship twice last year and just booked her again for a quick three night cruise over Labor Day. She is in great ship since her refurb last October. I have some photos of her in my link below.

Gordon

http://community.webshots.com/user/cruisingator

NCL Starward-86, Starship Atlantic-91, Caribe-92, Seabreeze-93, Fantasy-93, Norway-94, Celebration-94, Sensation-95, Imagination-96, Destiny-97, Celebration-98, Triumph-99, Victory-00, Majesty of the Seas-01, Fascination-01, Carnival Pride-02, Majesty of the Seas-02, Carnival Legend-02, Fantasy 7-03, Glory 9-03, Fantasy 11-03, Triumph 3/04.

9/02/2004 Fantasy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2004;9;2;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Navigator of the Seas 12/04/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;12;04;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I'm glad to hear that. I will be on the Fantasy with my Mom and sister on 9 May 04 (Mother's Day). It will be the first cruise for them.

Aegina/Poros/Hydra 9/00

Miriam(on the Nile) 10/00

Celebration of Birthday 10/01

Holiday in S. Caribbean 1/19/02

Divine Inspiration 6/9/02

New Conquest 12/1/02

Golden Princess Trans Atlantic (FLL-BCN) 4/26/03

My husband and I (we are both 46)took a 4-night Fantasy cruise in Jan. '03 and had a really great time. I had heard the ship was "old and dirty" and I must disagree. I looked for signs of wear and tear and really didn't see any. We enjoyed the public rooms, especially the shows (regular and adult) in the main lounge, the pool area, the food (our servers could have been a bit better) and for the price of $299 per person we thought it was a great deal. I wouldn't hesitate to go on the Fantasy again!!

Disney Magic (Eastern) 1/01

Disney Magic (Western) 1/03

Carnival Fantasy 1/03

Disney Wonder 1/04

pooh21a.gif

I just booked a last minute for 4 day on the Fantasy for 5/23 for my husband and our sons. Our toddler will turn 3 on the cruise so it is a surprise cruise. I was wondering the same thing about being a smaller ship and such and we cruised the Disney Magic 2 years in a row and the Inspiration last year and I am going on the Sensation 5 day Saturday. I did not have much choice bc I had a narrow timeframe that worked with my son getting done with Kindergarten, my youngest sons birthday and then my husband getting leave. I am excited most agree with the above posts that since her upkeep recently it is a nice get away. We go to Freeport and Nassau and plan on booking relaxing excursions to have family fun. I think you will have a great time and the prices are great.

I also went on the 3 day RCI SOS last August and it was "fine". I had been on the 7 day Inspiration about 1 month before the RCI and honestly for this calibur the staff on the Inspiration were better than the SOS.

Love cruising so probably would not say no to much but I think it will be great and have fun!

Archived