If you could never cruise again, what would you do in place of it?

We have discovered several places during our cruises which we like a lot and have been back to stay for a holiday. 

Our favourite remains Sorrento and the Amalfi coast area of Italy although there are many others.

But we still want our cruises back😭😭

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Travel more to attend Eagles games, Phillies games, etc. 

Had planned to attend spring training in Clearwater, take a cruise out of Tampa.  No cruising = more time at the ballpark.

• Like 1

Have already done it. After 66 cruises, the fun is just not there. Travelled the world, now time to see the USA. Bought an RV and are enjoying it tremendously. Safe, self contained, easy to drive and no chair hogs!! Having the time of our lives!!!

• Like 19
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

What would happen to CC without cruises?

M8

Obviously it would become a page for knitting and funeral planning, because that’s what non-cruisers think we are about. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I would go back to doing what we used to do. No flying European road trips.  With epic train journeys and lots of ferry hopping.

I only stopped doing them because of the planning but I'm happy to take up the challenge again. 

If we managed to do it with 3 kids in tow I'm pretty sure it will be a doddle now it's just the 2 of us.

The children used to call our holidays; Mum's Grand Expeditions.

I can't be doing with 2 weeks staying in the same place on the beach type holidays so when we discovered cruising it was a no brainer.

We only did it every other year because of the enormous cost but the memories are worth double the price.

Now ... I just need to dig out my old clipboard 🙂

Edited by livylotte
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Another kind of vacation, take up a hobby, volunteer with some organization, work more or another idea??

So many options but there would be at least one Caribbean resort visit in there per year. So much of North America still to see as well.....

• Like 2

My wife and I have been to just about every island in the Caribbean that a cruise ship stops at. A few years ago a business trip took me to New Orleans, I had never been there. After I got home I told my wife we needed to go back and spend more time seeing the sights. It was then that we realized that the United States has so much to offer and we've never visited "our own back yard". We decided we needed to start vacationing in our country. For the last several years we have taken our annual cruise in the spring and then later in the year we spend a week or two visiting other parts of the U.S. i.e. Alaska, the Colorado Rockies, the New England coast, the National Parks in Utah, the Great Smokie Mountains..... We've only begun to see it all but we have thoroughly enjoyed seeing some of the beauty this country of ours has to offer.

Edited by cruiseguy1016
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1