If you could never cruise again, what would you do in place of it?

On 7/5/2020 at 6:28 AM, Oakman said:

Have already done it. After 66 cruises, the fun is just not there. Travelled the world, now time to see the USA. Bought an RV and are enjoying it tremendously. Safe, self contained, easy to drive and no chair hogs!! Having the time of our lives!!!

Your 66 cruises reminded me of our motorcycle (trike) adventure riding along Route 66! Currently talking about getting another RV (probably a toybox style for our trike) instead of a vacation home and enjoying the sites around the USA! Cheers!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mets07 said:

We had the same experience. We have some state parks 30 minutes from our house that we had no clue about and discovered during the last few months.  We also walked over the Tappan Zee (Mario Cuomo) Bridge in NY yesterday. There is a new walk and bike "path" that  recently opened up. 

How was walking the new TZ Bridge (the name I prefer to use😉)  Was it crowded? Its on my list of things to do but  figured I'd wait awhile. 

I posted this pic not too long ago, taken from Rockefeller State Park in  Sleepy Hollow. I discovered a section I never knew about - Rockwood. Great views.

20200626_192558.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

How was walking the new TZ Bridge (the name I prefer to use😉)  Was it crowded? Its on my list of things to do but  figured I'd wait awhile. 

I posted this pic not too long ago, taken from Rockefeller State Park in  Sleepy Hollow. I discovered a section I never knew about - Rockwood. Great views.

We really enjoyed the TZ (😀) walk, although it was of course a hot day. Luckily, we started in the morning. It is 3.5 miles each way. 

It was busy. As you may know, the walkers are on one side and the bikers right next to them with just a painted line in between. It really should have been made a bit wider in our opinion. But, it is great to have. If you can go on a weekday, that might be better. And wait for a cooler day. 

Thanks for the tip on Sleepy Hollow / Rockwood. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BND said:

Is that where you moved to?  Actually in Ocala or in The Villages (northern part)?

Yep, in Ocala, right off 200.

Plan is summer at beach, winter in Ocala

Works for us

• Like 1

We bought a little roadster because we couldn’t cruise. My wife and I are enjoying taking road trips and exploring Route 66 like Todd and Buzz (and later, Linc) did in the Route 66 TV show. 

8844C737-16B7-4BCC-9811-79EE6443C543.jpeg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Midwestgal said:

She’s thinking about it.

You need to be her first review.😉

1 hour ago, Mr.N said:

We bought a little roadster because we couldn’t cruise. My wife and I are enjoying taking road trips and exploring Route 66 like Todd and Buzz (and later, Linc) did in the Route 66 TV show. 

8844C737-16B7-4BCC-9811-79EE6443C543.jpeg

Photo for effect.

I always liked the Saturn Sky over the Pontiac Solstice.  Had better lines IMO. Hot Rod magazine stuffed a corvette engine into the Pontiac many years ago for a article.  Sounds like it was a blast to drive. 

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

.😉

I always liked the Saturn Sky over the Pontiac Solstice.  Had better lines IMO. Hot Rod magazine stuffed a corvette engine into the Pontiac many years ago for a article.  Sounds like it was a blast to drive. 

I like the nose of the Pontiac

A lot more exploring Europe by train. Longer stays in interesting cities with day trips to nearby cities (rather than constantly switching hotel rooms - not having to do that was one of my favorite cruise travel perks). More road trips. I’ll never stop traveling.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Classy, plus The Donald worked on it😂

What would I do more of... cruise in my cars. Out this morning. 

@John&LaLaI personally preferred Lee Iacocca’s work with developing the Mustang.

27DDB5C7-2C25-4D81-8E35-43DAD231D998.thumb.jpeg.69c1a85953b50c1f37e02f05a9359e0a.jpeg

BF37592D-E140-432D-9803-76DDE6BFDC44.thumb.jpeg.14240c319e99003eb5a5206d11277212.jpeg

• Like 7

16 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

You need to be her first review.😉

Photo for effect.

And neither exists today. 😁

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, rich_cathybrock said:

@YorkvillainI was gonna say "fall off the wagon" and then I saw this and I gotta say, you had the better idea! 

I guess New Yorkers really do think alike!  Love it!  🤩

Having lived all my life in NY I can see that very rarely do you find New York people thinking alike especially since the pandemic.

On 7/4/2020 at 10:41 PM, Jimbo said:

Another kind of vacation, take up a hobby, volunteer with some organization, work more or another idea??

We'd just take another land based vacation somewhere, either in the US or in Europe.

10 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

We'd just take another land based vacation somewhere, either in the US or in Europe.

In 2002 my wife and I toured Vermont.We went to every city we could find beginning with the letter B.In 2003 we returned to VT and went to other cities .We May one day want to see more of your state.

• Like 1