Crown & Anchor Points For Canceled Cruises

Royal gave all cruisers that were affected by hurricane Harvey out of Galveston on Liberty our 7 points.  But of course we were all t9d cruise was not cancelled and we weren't cancelled until the day of departure.  We were forced to go into a hurricane area or loose our money if you booked non refundable.  And also there was a class action suit filed because of Royal's action.  I chose not to join the suite, but I did get a few perks the next two weeks on the last 2 of my 3 weeks.  But only after I asked. 

59 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Not a big fan of Zins. Prefer something drier. Would love to see a Chianti or Valpolicella on the list, or even a decent Merlot.

You like these brands, I think the DP covers these (not sure) but covers many of the medium price range wines. 

M8

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You like these brands, I think the DP covers these (not sure) but covers many of the medium price range wines. 

M8

What brands? The D+ merlot - Tisdale - is MEH at best, their Cabs are marginal, and we didn’t like the Chiraz (Ravenswood?) at all.

6 hours ago, orville99 said:

My point was that it would be a nice perk above 525 if they upgraded the wine choices available.

They do.  Several new wine choices are added at the 525 level  

M

A73FC39F-A0B5-4397-81DE-985357573D7A.jpeg

90A6581B-9A1D-4A28-96C0-928ED139EA1F.jpeg

Edited by cruisegirl1

15 minutes ago, orville99 said:

What brands? The D+ merlot - Tisdale - is MEH at best, their Cabs are marginal, and we didn’t like the Chiraz (Ravenswood?) at all.

Not talking about Diamond wines. The brands you can enjoy with the DP.  Diamond list is mostly garbage. I know a few on here like NA or water it down with mixer. 

Just another reason to get the Drink Package.

M8

4 hours ago, orville99 said:

Not a big fan of Zins. Prefer something drier. Would love to see a Chianti or Valpolicella on the list, or even a decent Merlot.

This is my favorite red on the list:

Jean-Luc Colombo Côtes du Rhône Rouge

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

They do.  Several new wine choices are added at the 525 level  

M

A73FC39F-A0B5-4397-81DE-985357573D7A.jpeg

90A6581B-9A1D-4A28-96C0-928ED139EA1F.jpeg

True, but the 340 points choices are marginal at best, and the 525+ ones aren't much better. There's not a wine on the list that I would go out of my way to find at my Total Wine store, which is why I suggested upgrading the 525+ choices.

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

This is my favorite red on the list:

Jean-Luc Colombo Côtes du Rhône Rouge

Our tastes are obviously different. I'll drink it if I get it for free, but I wouldn't go out and buy it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Not talking about Diamond wines. The brands you can enjoy with the DP.  Diamond list is mostly garbage. I know a few on here like NA or water it down with mixer. 

M8

The D+ perks list is not much better.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, orville99 said:

True, but the 340 points choices are marginal at best, and the 525+ ones aren't much better. There's not a wine on the list that I would go out of my way to find at my Total Wine store, which is why I suggested upgrading the 525+ choices.

The wine that I offered you is $13.49 at Total Wine. That's not two-buck Chuck.

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

Isn't Beringer a White Zinfindel?

The Ravenswood Zinfindel is a Red!

Prefer the WZ.

If I want a red, I'll enjoy a nice pinot noir

The Estancia is ok, really like the Belle Glos

15 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

The wine that I offered you is $13.49 at Total Wine. That's not two-buck Chuck.

Price is not the arbiter of quality. It's just not a wine that tickles my palate. The only use for two buck chuck is flavoring sauces when cooking.

Edited by orville99

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

The white zin (Beringer) they have onboard is about $4 a bottle ashore and unless you really like sweet wine, yuck lol.  I drink pinot grigio and what they have for D/DP in the lounges is passable, but that's about it.  I prefer Cavit which is Italian.  We currently have 343 points so I need to call and select our second gift which I'll do as a bottle of something.  We currently have a bottle delivered to our MDR table.  I usually have to ask about it.  They rarely remember it, if at all before halfway through the cruise.  So, I always ask the first night and lo and behold, it appears.

Edited by BND
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Price is not the arbiter of quality. It's just not a wine that tickles my pallet. The only use for two buck chuck is flavoring sauces when cooking.

Don't tell a chef that.  They'll tell you only cook with wine you'll actually drink.  Two buck chuck isn't as bad as some wines, but it's not two bucks anymore.  TJ raised the prices a while ago.

Barefoot has to be probably the worst wine I've had in the last 10 years.  Of course, there's always Boone's Farm.  You know, what we drank in HS when we had no money.

Edited by BND
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BND said:

Don't tell a chef that.  They'll tell you only cook with wine you'll actually drink.  Two buck chuck isn't as bad as some wines, but it's not two bucks anymore.  TJ raised the prices a while ago.

Worked as a sous chef  a long time ago, and learned that the reality is that the wine one cooks with may be very drinkable, but rarely what the chef actually drinks. It's not that it's drinkable, because it is, it's just that it's make up works well with sauces. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, orville99 said:

If you don’t like the wine choices, select a food, soft drink, water  or logo item. It is a free gift(s).   If you don’t want what is offered, you can simply give it away. Not sure if there is a way to not get it at all.   

m

On 7/6/2020 at 11:30 AM, Tree_skier said:

If what I read by some posted here on CC is true, NCL was in the most precarious position going into the shutdown.  

This sounds like a money grab. I can see people especially CC members booking a cruise they know won't sail just to get the loyalty points. 

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

This sounds like a money grab. I can see people especially CC members booking a cruise they know won't sail just to get the loyalty points. 

Exactly.  Many are booking just to get the 125% FCC when cancelled.   I know of more than one person who rebooked each cancelled cruise for the  first day of  a new expected sailing date, only to be cancelled several more times.  There is still one who was cancelled for august and rebooked for Sept 16! 

Can only imagine the chaos for point grabbing. 

M