Transferring FCC to later cruise

mickrory

We're booked on a cruise sailing out of San Pedro on 16th October, Panama Canal on Coral to Fort Lauderdale.

Waiting for this cruise to be cancelled, it was paid for by FCCs from a previous curtailment in February. FCCS expire in February 2021.

We don't want to travel in light of Covid19 issues. Can anyone advise if I need to wait for Princess to cancel or can I go ahead and rebook penalty free now?

Will FCC's expiry date be extended because we don't really want to be near any cruise ship for at least 12 months.

mickrory;  I received an email from Princess in May telling me my Oct New England/Canada cruise was cancelled.  Have you or your travel agent been notified of your Oct cruise being cancelled?

20 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

mickrory;  I received an email from Princess in May telling me my Oct New England/Canada cruise was cancelled.  Have you or your travel agent been notified of your Oct cruise being cancelled?

No Princess are still selling the cruise.

If Princess is still selling the cruise on their website, nobody at the cruiseline will tell you that it won’t be sailing.  It is at the point of cancellation that they can finally be truthful. Honestly, with the huge uptick of cases in California, I see no path for cruiseships leaving out of California this year.  We were just subjected to reversals in the reopening efforts last week.  Ugh!  
You might actually be better off moving the sailing to the future before they cancel it just so you can avoid having the value of your FCCs locked up for a painfully long time once the cancellation occurs.  If they won’t allow you to apply it to a booking past the FCC’s current expiration, well, I guess you are stuck while waiting for the cancellation to occur.  They will extend the expiration date, though, if they haven’t already done so. 

You can move your FCC to another cruise or put it back into your Captain Circle account by calling Princess. Deposit/ money paid might be refunded or put in a holding account. Cruise with Confidence let’s you make changes up to 2 months prior to sailing for your dates. Best to read info on Princess website and make the call to see if your FCC can be extended. 

Re: FCD...a few months ago canceled a  Feb. 2021cruise and wanted to transfer the FCDs to a future cruise the FCDs were just a few days beyond their expiration date and no go.... the system pulled new FCDs from our acct and the rep did not figure that out until my TA amd I started questioning why I had less FDCs in my acct. I did get a credit on my credit card for the deposits just last month...no mystery envelope in the mail as I have received before...

So reuse them before they expire..according to princess the only thing I could have done to save them was to rebook the cruise I just cancelled.

Edited by land lover