Jump to content

New Cruising Guidelines Issued by EU


Recommended Posts

In Canada we are just starting immunity testing, so expect the numbers in Canada to rise significantly.  This is what has happened in Florida as they started their testing program mid May.

 

The immunity testing is being done on old blood samples from February onwards so the specific individuals will not get feedback.

 

https://www.theoutlook.ca/first-glimpse-of-canada-s-true-covid-19-infection-rate-expected-mid-july-1.24165269

 

 

An important note about immunity testing being used now - the CV19 cases will be Overstated - because the immunity test will read positive if you have been exposed to this virus, SARS, MERS, H1N1 and 3 types of the most common cold.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Paulchili said:

That’s because they listen to our Dear leader who tells them that 99% of COVID cases are totally harmless.

Of course, that makes you wonder who was overfilling the hospitals & ICUs in NYC and now in Fl, AZ and Texas to over 100 capacity.

That’s a lot of “harmless people” requiring ICU care.

The other 1%

Link to post
Share on other sites

My husband and I are both 45 years old.  We were on the Around the World 2018 Oceania, and are signed up for 2022 ATW Oceania.  In 2018 we were the youngest couple on board, and expect to be the same in 2022.  We actually prefer to cruise this way, and consider it an honor to visit with the older generation.  What would age segregation mean for us? Would we be picked out of every event, and engagement?  

I don't mind losing the buffet-honestly I can't even tell you how many times I've seen people put food back or kids touch everything.  But age segregation would really stink for us.  

 

I guess things are in the early stages-I pray we get this figured out so we can go back to normal.  Stay safe everyone

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, WholeNewWorld said:

My husband and I are both 45 years old.  We were on the Around the World 2018 Oceania, and are signed up for 2022 ATW Oceania.  In 2018 we were the youngest couple on board, and expect to be the same in 2022.  We actually prefer to cruise this way, and consider it an honor to visit with the older generation.  What would age segregation mean for us? Would we be picked out of every event, and engagement?  

I don't mind losing the buffet-honestly I can't even tell you how many times I've seen people put food back or kids touch everything.  But age segregation would really stink for us.  

 

 

 Maybe there will be younger people on some of the segments  so you would not be alone if they segregated by age

 

You saw people on Oceania  buffet handling the food  ??

That is very rare  & I would think in future cruises  they would not get close to touching it  now

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

 Maybe there will be younger people on some of the segments  so you would not be alone if they segregated by age

 

You saw people on Oceania  buffet handling the food  ??

That is very rare  & I would think in future cruises  they would not get close to touching it  now

Yeah Oceania people can be rude too.  A number of times I saw them take a cookie off the tray then put it back, or switch muffins in horizons at morning coffee.  It was crazy. 

 

As for my 'kids touching' comment- that was on a Disney cruise I did with my family.  I should have stated that-sorry. (Not many little ones on Oceania) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Those age segregation clauses are for EU cruises. As ADA regulations don’t apply in other countries, EU regs won’t apply the minute you leave their waters.

 

Haven’t looked at the 2022 ATW itinerary, but some never touch EU territory, or hit a max of 3 ports. Maybe of no concern.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, WholeNewWorld said:

Yeah Oceania people can be rude too.  A number of times I saw them take a cookie off the tray then put it back, or switch muffins in horizons at morning coffee.  It was crazy. 

 

Yes  it takes all kinds

 If I see that I tell the staff or remove the item with a napkin  & toss it

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Those age segregation clauses are for EU cruises. As ADA regulations don’t apply in other countries, EU regs won’t apply the minute you leave their waters.

 

Haven’t looked at the 2022 ATW itinerary, but some never touch EU territory, or hit a max of 3 ports. Maybe of no concern.

Just EU proper we will be almost a month.  I have no idea what the commonwealth countries will do-IF those are included half our cruise would be under the new guidelines.    I do understand this are early days-I guess Im just wondering out loud at this moment.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RJB said:

The other 1%

Well, of course. Why couldn't I figure it out.

I also just heard that the earth is flat - who knew? Did you know that? If not, you just learned something new again - you are welcome.

Edited by Paulchili
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RJB said:

The other 1%

Houston, the 4th largest city in US, built all their hospitals for only 1% of their population - scr*w the other 99%.

BTW, Houston has THE largest Med Ctr in US but only for 1% of the "lucky" Houstonians.

Ditto for many other hospitals all over the country.

Poor planning (sarcasm emoji).

I think all new built hospitals should be built for at least 1.5% of their population - just in case. (sarcasm emoji - I wish I could find it)

Edited by Paulchili
Link to post
Share on other sites

While many Americans are pushing our health care system to reduce costs, some here obviously believe we should dramatically over build capacity across the country in case of a pandemic. 
 

Build them, equip them, staff them, maintain them , and allow them to sit empty for decades because of a lack of need! Great Plan! The gubmint should obviously pay for it too! 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Paulchili said:

That’s because they listen to our Dear leader who tells them that 99% of COVID cases are totally harmless.

Of course, that makes you wonder who was overfilling the hospitals & ICUs in NYC and now in Fl, AZ and Texas to over 100 capacity.

That’s a lot of “harmless people” requiring ICU care.

Those ICU beds in Fl & Texas are filled with 30-35% Wuhan virus patients currently.  There may be spot shortages in some big cities.  But the rest of those ICU beds are filled with people who should have gone to the hospitals in the last 3 1/2 months.  This is the backlog of sick people who got sicker who are filling up the ICU's.  If the ICU are overflowing with virus patients like NYC or Wuhan, the death rate should be skyrocketing, but it is not.  Only more people getting infected, particularly young people.  In Florida, the median age of those people getting infected is down to 35 with 21 being the age with most new infections.  If you are under 60 and have no underlying medical conditions, you will survive with no problems.  You can complain that the young should be social distancing and wearing a mask, but hey they look at all those people protesting and rioting and the press said that was o.k., but socializing was dangerous.  Well, for that to be true, they have to be as dumb as rocks. 

 

To give you a little perspective, state of New York currently has 21,736 confirmed cases per million with a death rate of 1,659 per million.  The country with highest rate of confirmed cases is Qatar with 35,952, but their death rate is 48 per million.  I don't think the hospitals in Qatar are overwhelmed as most Gulf states are probably treating their "covid19" patients on an outpatient basis.  The reason Qatar has such a high infection rate - they also have the highest testing rate in the world.  As for the low death rate, they never stop using that anti-malaria drug that the FDA has removed that emergency use just a short time ago.  That drug is used as a pre-exposure prophylaxis, outpatient treatment, and early hospitalization treatment.  Here is a link to various studies - www.c19study.com   

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

While many Americans are pushing our health care system to reduce costs, some here obviously believe we should dramatically over build capacity across the country in case of a pandemic. 
 

Build them, equip them, staff them, maintain them , and allow them to sit empty for decades because of a lack of need! Great Plan! The gubmint should obviously pay for it too! 😂

Instead I think the doctors should flip coins who will live and who will die. That is what they are doing now as they cannot accommodate everyone.

I wish you or yours would pick the right side of the coin if it ever came to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, deadzone1003 said:

Those ICU beds in Fl & Texas are filled with 30-35% Wuhan virus patients currently.  There may be spot shortages in some big cities.  But the rest of those ICU beds are filled with people who should have gone to the hospitals in the last 3 1/2 months.  This is the backlog of sick people who got sicker who are filling up the ICU's.  If the ICU are overflowing with virus patients like NYC or Wuhan, the death rate should be skyrocketing, but it is not.  Only more people getting infected, particularly young people.  In Florida, the median age of those people getting infected is down to 35 with 21 being the age with most new infections.  If you are under 60 and have no underlying medical conditions, you will survive with no problems.  You can complain that the young should be social distancing and wearing a mask, but hey they look at all those people protesting and rioting and the press said that was o.k., but socializing was dangerous.  Well, for that to be true, they have to be as dumb as rocks. 

 

To give you a little perspective, state of New York currently has 21,736 confirmed cases per million with a death rate of 1,659 per million.  The country with highest rate of confirmed cases is Qatar with 35,952, but their death rate is 48 per million.  I don't think the hospitals in Qatar are overwhelmed as most Gulf states are probably treating their "covid19" patients on an outpatient basis.  The reason Qatar has such a high infection rate - they also have the highest testing rate in the world.  As for the low death rate, they never stop using that anti-malaria drug that the FDA has removed that emergency use just a short time ago.  That drug is used as a pre-exposure prophylaxis, outpatient treatment, and early hospitalization treatment.  Here is a link to various studies - www.c19study.com   

I think I'll move to Qatar first thing in the morning.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, deadzone1003 said:

Those ICU beds in Fl & Texas are filled with 30-35% Wuhan virus patients currently.  There may be spot shortages in some big cities.  But the rest of those ICU beds are filled with people who should have gone to the hospitals in the last 3 1/2 months.  This is the backlog of sick people who got sicker who are filling up the ICU's.  If the ICU are overflowing with virus patients like NYC or Wuhan, the death rate should be skyrocketing, but it is not.  Only more people getting infected, particularly young people.  In Florida, the median age of those people getting infected is down to 35 with 21 being the age with most new infections.  If you are under 60 and have no underlying medical conditions, you will survive with no problems.  You can complain that the young should be social distancing and wearing a mask, but hey they look at all those people protesting and rioting and the press said that was o.k., but socializing was dangerous.  Well, for that to be true, they have to be as dumb as rocks. 

 

To give you a little perspective, state of New York currently has 21,736 confirmed cases per million with a death rate of 1,659 per million.  The country with highest rate of confirmed cases is Qatar with 35,952, but their death rate is 48 per million.  I don't think the hospitals in Qatar are overwhelmed as most Gulf states are probably treating their "covid19" patients on an outpatient basis.  The reason Qatar has such a high infection rate - they also have the highest testing rate in the world.  As for the low death rate, they never stop using that anti-malaria drug that the FDA has removed that emergency use just a short time ago.  That drug is used as a pre-exposure prophylaxis, outpatient treatment, and early hospitalization treatment.  Here is a link to various studies - www.c19study.com   

Enough of your racist right wing nonsense. Tell Nick Cordero or any number of young people that have died that they will survive with no problems. Oh wait, you can't tell them, they died from Covid 19. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Instead I think the doctors should flip coins who will live and who will die. That is what they are doing now as they cannot accommodate everyone.

I wish you or yours would pick the right side of the coin if it ever came to it.

What happened to all those emergency field hospitals that the Corp of Engineers built at $600 billion? Lots of unused overflow capacity . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

What happened to all those emergency field hospitals that the Corp of Engineers built at $600 billion? Lots of unused overflow capacity . 

What I saw on the news last night from Houston is that several ICU destined patients had to stay in the ER as the ICU was full.

Even though you are not a physician you will appreciate that the care one receives in ER is not one would in an ICU.

Several patients needed to go on ECMO but they only had 3 of them - the unlucky ones will probably die.

I am sure all of this is "fake news".

Maybe POTUS should watch a little more of that coverage rather than gets all his medical news from Tucker Carlson.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

While many Americans are pushing our health care system to reduce costs, some here obviously believe we should dramatically over build capacity across the country in case of a pandemic. 
 

Build them, equip them, staff them, maintain them , and allow them to sit empty for decades because of a lack of need! Great Plan! The gubmint should obviously pay for it too! 😂

I was at a Major regional hospital in So Calif yesterday...  told me they are at only 50% of beds.... Of  the virus , they had , according to them, about 12 patients is all they have seen...total.     My local hospital also in So cal  has 75% of their ICU empty... and in 5 months has yet to see any virus patient.     So cal brought in hospital ships, converted convention centers to hospitals with hundreds of beds.... cost tens of millions   in 3 months they  saw less than 10..........   A lot of reaction in a panic 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Instead I think the doctors should flip coins who will live and who will die. That is what they are doing now as they cannot accommodate everyone.

Please post your source that indicates doctors/hospitals in the US are flipping a coin for the purpose of determining who lives and who dies...

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

What happened to all those emergency field hospitals that the Corp of Engineers built at $600 billion? Lots of unused overflow capacity . 

You're way off. It was $660 million, not $600 billion. 

 

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/07/851712311/u-s-field-hospitals-stand-down-most-without-treating-any-covid-19-patients :

 

"As hospitals were overrun by coronavirus patients in other parts of the world, the Army Corps of Engineers mobilized in the U.S., hiring private contractors to build emergency field hospitals around the country.

The endeavor cost more than $660 million, according to an NPR analysis of federal spending records.

But nearly four months into the pandemic, most of these facilities haven't treated a single patient."

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Please post your source that indicates doctors/hospitals in the US are flipping a coin for the purpose of determining who lives and who dies...

See my post #46 above.

Maybe they didn't actually flip a coin but in essence they did - they had to choose whom to save and whom they could not due to lack of ECMO machines.

28 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

My local hospital also in So cal  has 75% of their ICU empty... and in 5 months has yet to see any virus patient.   

Are Houston and Phoenix now in SoCal?

There are plenty of hospitals all over the country that are not at 100% capacity and have few COVID patients (for now) - that helps very little to those that are..

I don't know where in SoCal you live but these are the top counties in CA in number of cases (all in SoCal) 71% of CA cases are in So Cal and 17% in NorCal. Imperial county is not listed but is next and is also in SoCal.

 

Location Confirmed Deaths
Los Angeles County
117K
+1,577
3,534
+47
Riverside County
21,511
486
Orange County
19,430
366
San Diego County
17,063
387
San Bernardino County
15,345
269
Edited by Paulchili
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Ponant Cruises & Expeditions - Return to Europe!
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...