New Cruising Guidelines Issued by EU

Georgia_Peaches

2 hours ago, CintiPam said:

Clo, this is the second thread in a row I just looked at where this was your post.  Please translate the meaning for me.  Thanks.

Post #69. I thought it showed the post I was replying to.   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ means THIS.

Yes, but, I think if you're going to quote something you should say something. If you're just agreeing I thought that is what the like button is for. 

• Like 10

12 hours ago, ORV said:

Yes, but, I think if you're going to quote something you should say something. If you're just agreeing I thought that is what the like button is for. 

Oh for goodness sake. The point is/was I HIGHLY/STRONGLY agree. This is used elsewhere on social media. I know it's tough to know all this stuff and I sure don't but now you've learned something new. That's good, right?

8 hours ago, clo said:

Oh for goodness sake. The point is/was I HIGHLY/STRONGLY agree. This is used elsewhere on social media. I know it's tough to know all this stuff and I sure don't but now you've learned something new. That's good, right?

Actually you didn't teach me anything. Perhaps you missed the part where I said yes, I knew what it meant. But I don't see the point of doing it, and it just becomes clutter.

Sometimes other people have a point that counts too, that's something we learned in kindergarten, oh wait I never went, must have learned that elsewhere. 

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

If the EU has cruising policies that Americans don’t like, Americans will not cruise in Europe.  You always have the choice of participation or not.  You may find when safe, fewer people cruising regardless of age.  Being on a ship could be too restrictive for many people. Instead of speculating what the new cruising will be, just wait.  You cannot control the virus.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

If the EU has cruising policies that Americans don’t like, Americans will not cruise in Europe.  You always have the choice of participation or not.  You may find when safe, fewer people cruising regardless of age.  Being on a ship could be too restrictive for many people. Instead of speculating what the new cruising will be, just wait.  You cannot control the virus.

I certainly agree. I don’t like the EU rules. Therefore, I will never make final payment for a cruise booked in EU waters until the rules are changed. Easy peasy!

They make the rules, I decide if I want to play the game! To miss quote Oceania “ My Money, My Way”. They don’t want my filthy money, I’ll take it elsewhere. 

18 hours ago, pinotlover said:

I certainly agree. I don’t like the EU rules. Therefore, I will never make final payment for a cruise booked in EU waters until the rules are changed. Easy peasy!

They make the rules, I decide if I want to play the game! To miss quote Oceania “ My Money, My Way”. They don’t want my filthy money, I’ll take it elsewhere. 

Like your post very much.

19 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Has anyone asked you what it is that you don't like about the EU rules? Do you think they should just throw open their borders? And why do you think "They don’t want my filthy money,"? It's our filthy COVID that we continue to do little to mitigate. I've always known this but these last months have reassured me the good ole American entitlement is alive and well. 

On 7/19/2020 at 11:34 AM, clo said:

Has anyone asked you what it is that you don't like about the EU rules? Do you think they should just throw open their borders? And why do you think "They don’t want my filthy money,"? It's our filthy COVID that we continue to do little to mitigate. I've always known this but these last months have reassured me the good ole American entitlement is alive and well. 

Not our Covid.  Talk to the Chinese about that. They gave it to us.  

9 minutes ago, ORV said:

Unfortunately you seemed to prove Flo's point. 😣

Interestingly enough, I remember reading somewhere that genetically speaking our COVID strains are from Europe and not China.

Not sure if that is true but we certainly allowed free travel from EU a lot longer than from China. Not to mention that Wuhan was totally locked down at some point fairly early - no way in or out.

18 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Interestingly enough, I remember reading somewhere that genetically speaking our COVID strains are from Europe and not China.

Not sure if that is true but we certainly allowed free travel from EU a lot longer than from China. Not to mention that Wuhan was totally locked down at some point fairly early - no way in or out.

In NY City and presumably other areas nearby on the East Coast the earliest cases of the virus have been confirmed to have primarily come from Europe and elsewhere in the US, not China:

https://www.mountsinai.org/about/newsroom/2020/mount-sinai-study-finds-first-cases-of-covid-19-in-new-york-city-are-primarily-from-european-and-us-sources-pr

7 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

In NY City and presumably other areas nearby on the East Coast the earliest cases of the virus have been confirmed to have primarily come from Europe and elsewhere in the US, not China:

https://www.mountsinai.org/about/newsroom/2020/mount-sinai-study-finds-first-cases-of-covid-19-in-new-york-city-are-primarily-from-european-and-us-sources-pr

Thank you for confirming that.

Perhaps I haven't totally lost my mind (yet) 🙂

1 hour ago, RJB said:

Not our Covid.  Talk to the Chinese about that. They gave it to us.  

But the Americans are spreading it faster

How many cases in Florida  today?

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

The world should seek reparations from China. 

Slippery slope. How would you determine the amount of reparations?

What about SARS and MERS - who should pay to whom?

Should all countries that suffered damage in WWII seek reparations from the Axis countries for damages and loss of lives in WWII?

Should African countries seek compensation for all the slaves that were shipped to the Americas?

Should the North seek reparations from the South for the damages and loss of lives during the war that South started?

Should we seek reparations from the Saudis (& others) for 9/11?

The list goes on and on.

If anything, reparations should be seeked for malicious actions (like starting a war) and not illness (even though it could have been handled better).

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 1

@jonthomas

15 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Slippery slope. How would you determine the amount of reparations?

What about SARS and MERS - who should pay to whom?

Should all countries that suffered damage in WWII seek reparations from the Axis countries for damages and loss of lives in WWII?

Should African countries seek compensation for all the slaves that were shipped to the Americas?

Should the North seek reparations from the South for the damages and loss of lives during the war that South started?

The list goes on and on.

Yep, a slippery slope.  Historians believe most likely origin of the 1918 flu epidemic that devastated the world was Kansas.  The moniker of "Spanish" flu is a misnomer, because it was the first country to publicly acknowledge it.  The rest of the world suppressed any mention of it because of the Wartime censorship.  (See John Barry's Book, "The Great influenza.").  Hmmmm...maybe we should start calling it the Kansas flu or the US flu of 1918 in the spirit of openness 😁.

Edited by 1985rz1

5 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Yes definitely a slippery slope. 

Seek reparation in terms of an apology and an openness of information. That is not too much to ask.  

Yes, but consider who you would be asking for an apology and openness from - it ain't gonna happen.

Likewise, will our government ever apologize for mishandling the pandemic here - think again.

Edited by Paulchili