Official Update on Mardi Gras and Radiance from Carnival

Oh great. My Breeze cruise for next year is canceled because radiance isn’t going to be ready. I have to admit I didn’t see that one coming. At least I didn’t book travel for that one yet.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

No Surprise here...bummed but knew. Sorry for those who never believed it or those who really believed there was “progress” in the ship yard.  
Just let me know how I can get my refund for November and we can try again some day in the future. We’ll be back...but it may be a while. 

Should we look on the bright side as this is at least actually getting things in line and prepared to sail, instead of just taking money for sailings without any plans in place??? 🤷🏼‍♀️😬

Edited by MeganGC1983
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Was this really a surprise though?

Surprised that Radiance is delayed? No..not at all. Am I surprised that my Feb-Mar Breeze cruise is canceled before my November and December Vista cruises because Radiance was delayed? Yeah....pretty surprised by that one.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Surprised that Radiance is delayed? No..not at all. Am I surprised that my Feb-Mar Breeze cruise is canceled before my November and December Vista cruises because Radiance was delayed? Yeah....pretty surprised by that one.

I’ll give you that: the Breeze part was unexpected and surprised me too.

The others though, well, we should have known. Radiance, Mardi Gras and Magic’s European Season.

17 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Should we look on the bright side as this is at least actually getting things in line and prepared to sail, instead of just taking money for sailings without any plans in place??? 🤷🏼‍♀️😬

Carnival wouldn’t have announced this unless they needed to or they had reason to believe a leak from the shipyard was imminent.

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Like 2

I get that shipyards are delayed.  But what is the point of moving the Breeze to Canaveral?   It seem that this just irritates two groups-those booked on the Breeze that got cancelled and those booked on the Radiance that got replaced.   

• Like 1

I didn’t see this coming either.  We are on Radiance, now Breeze.  My first thought was why not just cancel Radiance?  Then I thought that they are probably switching radiance passengers to breeze to keep the numbers down on the ship.  Breeze can hold a lot more people than radiance.  Damn, part of why we booked was for Shaq’s chicken.

28 minutes ago, some_body said:

I get that shipyards are delayed.  But what is the point of moving the Breeze to Canaveral?   It seem that this just irritates two groups-those booked on the Breeze that got cancelled and those booked on the Radiance that got replaced.   

If I had to guess I would say they charged radiance people more for the new/refurbished ship so they lose less money by canceling Breeze people. But yeah this upset radiance people who got the bait and switch and breeze people who got nothing.

Honestly I don’t know why some of you are shocked about these cancellations. 

It was bound to happen. Best advice don’t book any cruises for 2020 as you will just be disappointed 

Edited by Georgie562
  • Like 3

Not that we were booked on any of these yet, but some of these were our fallback plan when our November cruise gets canceled. I am not sure what to think now and need to truly look at what we plan to do. I expect the prices on Carnival to skyrocket with the reduced fleet and capacity sizes. 

At least our Mard i Gras cruise in July is not affected...yet.

We were on the Dec 5th sailing for the Radiance and we were going to switch the Breeze on the same date and take the hit for the deposit. Glad I didn’t do that! I am still hesitant to cruise so soon though.

I think we know now that when Carnival grays out sailings they are going to cancel them and it isn’t for capacity control 

• Like 3

Well I just went and checked my booking for the Radiance on 11/29 and there is none.  It disappeared.  I guess Carnival is locking things down until they redo the bookings.   Does anyone know if we will be allowed to cancel our cruise now that the ship is changed or if we will be given that nice $600 OBC that folks are getting?  I would have preferred my cruise be canceled and who knows it may still be the way things are going.

We are booked on one of Radiance cruises next April that is being switched over to the Breeze. We don't have a problem with this since we like the Breeze, BUT I disagree with Carnival's decision to displace 5 months worth of Breeze cruisers to accommodate those who had booked the Radiance. Makes no sense. They are going to have to offer some pretty good compensation to the Breeze cruisers to rebook to save face.

I understand about the  Magic's dry dock and European cruises being cancelled, so I don't understand why Carnival didn't use the Magic during that time period to replace some of the Radiance cruises. Can't figure out Carnival some times. 🤨

• Like 5