Refunds: Unbelievable Experience, WOWZA!!!

Good Morning!  I am beyond giddy, excited, tickled pink and relieved all at the same time.  A little back story if you will.  We booked out Canada/New England cruise over 500 days ago and recently due to this terrible virus had our cruise cancelled for October of this year.  Originally the thought was for to re-book some other cruise for October heading somewhere different.  We found one for Oct 4 heading out of Galveston, and was excited to say the least that we might be cruising this year after all.  

So we contacted our TA and set the wheels in motion.  Final payment day was set for 7/6/2020, so we are in waiting mode for our FCC's to pay for this cruise.  Release date for the FCC's was 7/17, but my TA said we could request an extension if needed to pay.  Like most folks, having an extra $2500 to set out for a cruise immediately was not an option.  So wait we did, then CLIA decided to move the expected sail date to 9/15/2020, making us one of the 1st cruises out after the ban.  The thought of being a guinea pig, my company making me quarantine for 14 days after the cruise, and not knowing whether we would actually cruise or not really was not my cup of tea.  On 7/1/2020 I asked my TA to go ahead and cancel the cruise, requesting a refund.  Of course I know the situation and determined that I would not get the refund until 9/21/2020, 90 days after the request, if even then...

I just checked my bank account and actually 7 days after the request, my refund has arrived!  I honestly think my TA has some magic pixie dust she sprinkled on the request to RCCL, heck she might have even baked them some cookies!  Excited cruiser here!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I am seeing those who have only deposits to be refunded getting them in a reasonable time.

But if they have a big chunk of your dough after final payment, it is often a long wait.  Ours was around 75 days.

Were you waiting for your refundable deposit refund?  Those come back in less than 2 weeks. I am told if it is just a refundable deposit, that it is a different protocol and is basically automatically generated. 

good wishes 

m

2 hours ago, drsel said:
4 hours ago, BIBPhotography said:
Thank you, It is nothing short of a miracle!

Was it due to the travel agent or Royal Caribbean

Not real sure!  I'm calling my TA today and tell them Thank You just in case!

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Were you waiting for your refundable deposit refund?  Those come back in less than 2 weeks. I am told if it is just a refundable deposit, that it is a different protocol and is basically automatically generated. 

good wishes 

m

Actually ours was a non-refundable deposit.  We had paid in $2000 and still had a little to go, but we got everything in we had paid!

Yes, the cruise line has to refund you .
Your travel agent will not pay you from his pocket, although one poster mentioned that the travel agent paid her from his pocket! Incredible!

Our Vancouver to Hawaii cruise cancelled on 6/2. As of yesterday, we have FCC, all cruise planner items refunded, and air to sea refunded. All we are waiting for is port charges/taxes to be refunded. Impressed with the swiftness. Perhaps they are getting better. 

BTW, we had paid in full...

Anyone who wants to share contact info for a good TA I would greatly appreciate it. 

We can't recommend any agent out here but you can ask around on your next Cruise.

there are 2000 passengers [emoji2]