Cancellation / Refund Thread

AdoraBelle

I finally caved this morning. I've rolled several bookings forward already and had ended up in Nov 2020, which I still don't believe is going to happen. I've been (mostly) on hold with them for about 40 minutes now. To be fair, my booking history with them is complicated (suite with two people > canceled for two back to backs in solo (March 2020, canceled by pandemic), > canceled for suite with two people in October > canceled for suite with two people in November > I finally gave up/not sure they won't go bankrupt). 

Ok ... off phone now, it was about 50 minutes total. It does sound like they were able to clean everything up and issue me a 25% FCC. If you have a similarly complicated history, they can handle, but just be ready to settle in on hold for a while (and it's still that same song ...).

They state 7-10 business days for the refund, I will post here when it shows up (or doesn't). 

Edited by AdoraBelle

17 hours ago, Localitcompanies said:

So they gave your down payment back? Sorry im a “virgin” to the cruise lingo. FCC?

It was more than a downpayment, I had paid off a couple of (short) cruises that were to happen back in March. I believe the fact that those cruises were canceled due to pandemic are the reason I was eligible for a 25% future cruise credit even when I cancelled the subsequent rebookings for a refund.

(No monies yet.)

Edited by AdoraBelle

Refunds to my CC arrived overnight. It's about $200 shy of what the rep quoted the day I called, but it's made up of a lot of individual charges and she might have just done the math wrong. (It was more than I remembered paying them either way, so ...) 

Anyway, so that was 2 business days for full refund plus (they say) 25% FCC. 

Edited by AdoraBelle