Aft cabins on Liberty

5 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

The aft sections of Voyager class ships and Freedom class ships are IDENTICAL.  (except for the numbering)

IDENTICAL.

As MM says, we have stayed in aft cabins on many of the Voyager and Freedom class balconies, and I love them.  The ships all look the same the only differences are the individual balconies view (ie the super structure you look thru).  I love the huge size of them.  If I were to book one of them today, an aft balcony would be my first choice.

jc

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Deck 9 are much narrower, keep looking for deck 7, square footage wise it can't be matched What week you sailing?

I think it's around march 20, 2022.

I'll look to see what's on deck 7 aft. My poor ta is still dealing with the 2nd week of feb 2021 jewel getting cancelled. I think hes spent hours on hold and getting cut off. Everyone is calling in even if they are just getting moved maybe. And then last weekend was a 3 day holiday. Every time I get booked rcl pulls the wool out from under my bookings.

But I'll go look and see if any left. Just out of curiosity. Cant hurt lol

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I think it's around march 20, 2022.

I'll look to see what's on deck 7 aft. My poor ta is still dealing with the 2nd week of feb 2021 jewel getting cancelled. I think hes spent hours on hold and getting cut off. Everyone is calling in even if they are just getting moved maybe. And then last weekend was a 3 day holiday. Every time I get booked rcl pulls the wool out from under my bookings.

But I'll go look and see if any left. Just out of curiosity. Cant hurt lol

Hint:. Both aft corners are available on March 20th for your sailing but cabin must be booked for 3 passengers to see the availability. Just book them with 3 persons name and just before final payment cancel the third person. Balcony is great it is worth the chance......very unlikely they would move you because only 2 person booking that cabin..............We have even seen them allow that cabin for 2 persons, so have your agent try that first..............Cabin is a Categoet 5D.

16 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Hint:. Both aft corners are available on March 20th for your sailing but cabin must be booked for 3 passengers to see the availability. Just book them with 3 persons name and just before final payment cancel the third person. Balcony is great it is worth the chance......very unlikely they would move you because only 2 person booking that cabin..............We have even seen them allow that cabin for 2 persons, so have your agent try that first..............Cabin is a Categoet 5D.

We had the corner aft on Adventure last year. That cabin required 3 passengers to book it. At the time, the 3rd person was only about $50 for the week. We booked a TBD in the 3rd berth. We didn't want to risk getting moved to another cabin so at final payment we paid the cheap, 3rd person fare and just had a no show at check in. It was worth the extra few bucks to get that cabin and balcony.

4 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

We had the corner aft on Adventure last year. That cabin required 3 passengers to book it. At the time, the 3rd person was only about $50 for the week. We booked a TBD in the 3rd berth. We didn't want to risk getting moved to another cabin so at final payment we paid the cheap, 3rd person fare and just had a no show at check in. It was worth the extra few bucks to get that cabin and balcony.

We had 1688 on Mariner in February for just two of us.  I booked it onboard Serenade last October.  The next cruise manager had to send an email to corporate and get the cabin released for just two.  She booked the cabin for three so we didn't lose the cabin, she actually put herself in the cabin with us 😄, and then removed herself once corporate released the cabin for just two of us.

This thread is making me depressed.  I planned for so long to get the aft cabins (we have 2 JS and 1 cabin) on deck 10 for the BI cruise on Jewel in July 2021.  I booked them the day the cruise was released, with the help of a RCI representative who knew in advance what I was looking to book.  I'm thinking more and more that this cruise won't happen.  I know it's a year away, and things could be drastically different, but I am mentally preparing myself that the cruise won't happen.  I want to experience the aft balconies!  All of the pictures posted here are wonderful!

3 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

Talk about going above and beyond the call of duty. 

We just needed a third name on the reservation and this was a "girls cruise", just my Mom and me, so she decided she would join us on the reservation for a day until the cabin was released for two.  There was no confusion as to who had to be deleted once the cabin was available, so was actually a good idea on her part.

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Dang, I'm booking solo so that's 2 fake people I'd have  to move in and pay the deposit for more than 2. But I'll bet you are right thats why they gave me the cabin they did. Right now I only have fees and taxes  deposit for $250. All good information.

5 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We had 1688 on Mariner in February for just two of us.  I booked it onboard Serenade last October.  The next cruise manager had to send an email to corporate and get the cabin released for just two.  She booked the cabin for three so we didn't lose the cabin, she actually put herself in the cabin with us 😄, and then removed herself once corporate released the cabin for just two of us.

Hmmm...What if she would have decided to show up and cruise with you....I just don't understand why she couldn't have just booked TBD...done easily all the time.