Iberia - Can Someone Translate This Refund Policy

klfrodo

Allowed at any time with a penalty of 90, except in the case of not showing up for the flight (no-show), which does not allow reimbursement

" with a penalty of 90, "          90 what????   0.90 cents?? (doubtful)    90% of fare 😲        €90 

This is for Business Class

Edited by klfrodo

A penalty will depend of why, where and when - do you have a link to the conditions.

I would assume no penalty under most circumstances during the COVID-19.
Is flight cancelled? Or can’t you travel due to restrictions.

For flights about to be purchased from France to Spain for a planned trip in 2021.

I was searching what their current cancellation policy is, if in fact there is still a travel ban in place in 2021 and came across that policy. However, it doesn't clearly state what the "90" is. Worse case scenario would be 90% of fare. Or it could mean 90 Euros per ticket (which I could accept)

7 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

For flights about to be purchased from France to Spain for a planned trip in 2021.

I was searching what their current cancellation policy is, if in fact there is still a travel ban in place in 2021 and came across that policy. However, it doesn't clearly state what the "90" is. Worse case scenario would be 90% of fare. Or it could mean 90 Euros per ticket (which I could accept)

A couple of thoughts, that admittedly aren't what you asked but might be helpful:

1.  To get from France to Spain, you may be able to find a cheaper ticket on a European budget line like Vueling.   I'm just guessing these are pricey tickets since you're ok with a 90€ cancellation fee.

2.  Have you considered train travel instead?  Again, could be much cheaper.

3.  I assume you are spending some time in France, and then traveling to Spain for the next part of your trip.  If, instead, you are trying to piece together separate tickets for the same day, I advise against that. i.e. You already have tickets from the US to France and plan to buy a separate ticket to travel immediately to Spain after arriving in France. 

1 hour ago, waterbug123 said:

A couple of thoughts, that admittedly aren't what you asked but might be helpful:

1.  To get from France to Spain, you may be able to find a cheaper ticket on a European budget line like Vueling.   I'm just guessing these are pricey tickets since you're ok with a 90€ cancellation fee.

2.  Have you considered train travel instead?  Again, could be much cheaper.

3.  I assume you are spending some time in France, and then traveling to Spain for the next part of your trip.  If, instead, you are trying to piece together separate tickets for the same day, I advise against that. i.e. You already have tickets from the US to France and plan to buy a separate ticket to travel immediately to Spain after arriving in France. 

1. Vueling not an option for me just as Southwest is not an option for me. For personal reasons only.

2. Yep. Considered. Ruled out

3. Spending 10 days in France prior to sailing out of BCN. (Assuming there will be ships sailing out of Barcelona at that time)

***** I realize this will sound bitchy of me, but I really enjoy explaining my reasoning for my choices in life to complete strangers, while at the same time, nobody answers the original question.

While at the same time, I understand some people are just trying to be helpful. It's the dichotomy of an anonymous chat board ***** 

Edited by klfrodo

52 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

1. Vueling not an option for me just as Southwest is not an option for me. For personal reasons only.

For the benefit of everyone else, Vueling is not a fly-by-night discounter.  It is the largest airline in Spain in terms of fleet size and number of destinations served.  In addition, it is owned by IAG, which is the parent of both British Airways and Iberia.

54 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

while at the same time, nobody answers the original question.

Well, perhaps the reason no one is answering is.....no one knows.  I for one don't, so rather than just give suppositions drawn from a hat, I said nothing.  If I had even an informed guess, I'd post with that disclaimer that it is not dispositive.

I'll remember to post "I don't know".  Should boost my post count into six figures.

2 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Well, perhaps the reason no one is answering is.....no one knows.  I for one don't, so rather than just give suppositions drawn from a hat, I said nothing.  If I had even an informed guess, I'd post with that disclaimer that it is not dispositive.

No response is an acceptable answer.

After 14 hours of not 1 answer, I made the decision that this question was a new one and none of the experts here knew the answer. No responses, in and of itself, was an answer.

23 hours ago, klfrodo said:

2. Yep. Considered. Ruled out

3. Spending 10 days in France prior to sailing out of BCN. (Assuming there will be ships sailing out of Barcelona at that time)

***** I realize this will sound bitchy of me, but I really enjoy explaining my reasoning for my choices in life to complete strangers, while at the same time, nobody answers the original question.

While at the same time, I understand some people are just trying to be helpful. It's the dichotomy of an anonymous chat board ***** 

You're right, it does sound bitchy, lol.  That said, I do understand your point.  Here's mine; feel free to ignore it:  These boards are filled with people whose flying/travel experience runs the gamut from never flown ever to travel internationally regularly and have for many years.  When I reply, it may be for benefit of the OP or it may be for benefit of others who may be reading and have far less travel experience (or some combination of the two.)  If the additional suggestions don't help you, you can obviously ignore them.  Someone else though, may see the suggestions and realize that there are perils in piecing together separate tickets and remember to ask about that when they book a trip, or may realize "oh right, I didn't think about a train" or whatever.  And for the record, I have not idea what the "90" refers to in your original question.  For the benefit of anyone else who may be seeing that same message while trying to book a ticket on Iberia, I would try contacting Iberia to ask. 

• Like 1