Divina switched to Mergilvia March 2021

Reenie75

We were planning to sail the Divina ( 3rd try booking and something cancels it) on 11 nt cruise during the Canadian March break. We were so looking forward as we were doing South America. The email does not really explain just possible upgrade, different itinerary and $200 OBC. This is also disappointing we already had a $200 OBC. Nothing negative about Mergivilia we've sailed her in December 2019.

Anyone else in this situation? What type of upgrade did they give. Currently booked Balcony bella..

Edited by Reenie75

45 minutes ago, Reenie75 said:

We were planning to sail the Divina ( 3rd try booking and something cancels it) on 11 nt cruise during the Canadian March break. We were so looking forward as we were doing South America. The email does not really explain just possible upgrade, different itinerary and $200 OBC. This is also disappointing we already had a $200 OBC. Nothing negative about Mergivilia we've sailed her in December 2019.

Anyone else in this situation? What type of upgrade did they give. Currently booked Balcony bella..

Is it still a 11 night cruise or is it shorter? How has the itinerary changed?

We liked the Meraviglia better than Divina so we should have liked the change. 

3 hours ago, glittergal1 said:

As a bella Balcony I dont think you get an upgrade just the $200 OBS  thats what we get in the UK , It was if you had an inside or outside cabin you got an upgrade (no obs) what did your email say? 

When I checked the website I can only find a 14 days and its totally changed.

Inside/Outside Cabin: Upgrade to Higher Category*  

Balcony/Suites/YC Cabin**:  

• An onboard credit of $ 100 onboard credit per cabin ($ 50 per single cabin occupancy) for cruises up to 6 nights;
  • An onboard credit of $ 200 onboard credit per cabin ($ 100 per single cabin occupancy) for 7-nights cruises or longer.  

I will have to call today. I understand they need to make changes because of covid-19 just dont know if this worth it. We've done this itinerary and in all honesty I'm not crazy about it. Originally I was already receiving $200 OBC so the only extra I see is an extra 3 days which would be sea and Miami. 

6 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

Is it still a 11 night cruise or is it shorter? How has the itinerary changed?

We liked the Meraviglia better than Divina so we should have liked the change. 

I feel jinxed with the Divina ... first cancellation was Hurricane Irma, second was family situation now this Covid 19. Grateful we are healthy but it sucks. Mergilvia is a beautiful ship.

1 hour ago, Reenie75 said:

I feel jinxed with the Divina ... first cancellation was Hurricane Irma, second was family situation now this Covid 19. Grateful we are healthy but it sucks. Mergilvia is a beautiful ship.

You are not meant to cruise on Divina! Enjoy Meraviglia!

I spoke to MSC, no upgrade in room. Cruise moved to 11 nts to 7 nts completely different ports with 200 obc and same price. If I'm comparing I lost my originally ports I have never been too (ones it is going to- not so crazy about), leaving & returning on March break it will be total chaos (Cdn March break- so flights will double), losing 3 nights on ship and obc is the same as I was originally getting. 

Honestly 😞 I don't feel its worth it. Customer service said I could not move it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Reenie75 said:

... losing 3 nights on ship and obc is the same as I was originally getting.

Divina 7 night sailings are being transferred to Meraviglia 14 night sailings.  The OBC should be an addition to any perks you had with your original booking.  From the Canadian agent site:

Change of itinerary

Due to the global pandemic, MSC Cruises has redeployed several of its ships in the Caribbean for the fall and winter 2020/2021 season, resulting in changes to some of our originally planned itineraries. We sincerely apologize to you and your clients for any disruption to their vacation plans. In all instances in which a sailing was impacted, we have worked hard to offer new attractive deployment options. All guests impacted will be moved to another ship serving the same or similar itinerary, while maintaining the price of their original booking as well as offered the following additional perk:

• All guests who have booked an inside or oceanview stateroom will receive a stateroom upgrade
  • All guests booked in a balcony stateroom, a suite or a MSC Yacht Club stateroom will receive a shipboard credit of $100 per stateroom for cruises six nights or less (based on double occupancy, $50 for single occupancy). For cruises of seven nights or longer, guests will receive $200 per stateroom (based on double occupancy, $100 for single occupancy)

Below is a high level overview of the changes. We will be providing more specific details on each sailing impacted and the new sailing by Wednesday, July 1.

• MSC Seaside & MSC Armonia sailings from Miami departing AUG 1-SEP 15 have been canceled
  • MSC Seaside: Guests booked on MSC Seaside 7nt departures from Miami Saturday departures from Miami will move to MSC Meraviglia 7-night, Saturday departures from Miami
  • MSC Meraviglia: Guests booked on MSC Meraviglia 7-night Sunday departures from Miami will move to MSC Meraviglia 7-night, Saturday departures from Miami
  • MSC Armonia: Guests booked on MSC Armonia 4-night departures from Tampa will move to MSC Seaside 4-night departures from Port Canaveral
  • MSC Armonia: Guests booked on MSC Armonia 5-night departures from Tampa will move to MSC Seaside 7-night departures from Port Canaveral
  • MSC Armonia:Guests booked on MSC Armonia 7-night departures from Tampa will move to MSC Seaside 7-night departures from Port Canaveral
  • MSC Divina: Guests booked on MSC Divina 3-night departures from Miami will move to MSC Armonia 3-night from Miami
  • MSC Divina: Guests booked on MSC Divina 7-night departures from Miami will move to MSC Meraviglia 7-night departures from Miami
  • MSC Divina: Guests booked on MSC Divina 11-night departures from Miami will move to MSC Meraviglia 14-night (back to back sailings) from Miami

https://www.mscbook.com/shop/WelcomePage?catalogId=10001&langId=-1037&storeId=14771

16 hours ago, Reenie75 said:

I spoke to MSC, no upgrade in room. Cruise moved to 11 nts to 7 nts completely different ports with 200 obc and same price. If I'm comparing I lost my originally ports I have never been too (ones it is going to- not so crazy about), leaving & returning on March break it will be total chaos (Cdn March break- so flights will double), losing 3 nights on ship and obc is the same as I was originally getting. 

Honestly 😞 I don't feel its worth it. Customer service said I could not move it. 

Same here our 11 day on Divina with Aft balcony going to Cartagena & Panama changed to 7 night on Meraviglia no Aft location and Cozumel & Caymen. Not satisfied. Originally their verbiage on the website said 11 day Divina would be changed to 14 day Divina. That has since disappeared now only says will be moved to similar cruise. I called and was told they were locked until July 1 to call back which I did was then told they were still working on them that they’d  send an email..... nothing yet. 

25 minutes ago, kidless said:

Same here our 11 day on Divina with Aft balcony going to Cartagena & Panama changed to 7 night on Meraviglia ....

Interesting.  Perhaps they are having a very difficult time getting the same cabin for both weeks on Meraviglia.  That will be pretty difficult to do for all the Divina cancellations when MV was probably already at least half sold.  In my opinion if they are now only offering a one week alternative they are either looking for cancellations or going to be offering a better price i.e. 4/11 off.

3 hours ago, Até said:

Interesting.  Perhaps they are having a very difficult time getting the same cabin for both weeks on Meraviglia.  That will be pretty difficult to do for all the Divina cancellations when MV was probably already at least half sold.  In my opinion if they are now only offering a one week alternative they are either looking for cancellations or going to be offering a better price i.e. 4/11 off.

I looked but they also offer the cruise as a 14 day (technically it’s a b2b) and there were cabins available. I’d be happy to move it to Seaside 11 day out of Canaveral but when I call they say they are still working on them so they can’t touch them. I don’t understand why they add all this chaos into what’s already going on. 

2 minutes ago, kidless said:

I looked but they also offer the cruise as a 14 day (technically it’s a b2b) and there were cabins available. I’d be happy to move it to Seaside 11 day out of Canaveral but when I call they say they are still working on them so they can’t touch them. I don’t understand why they add all this chaos into what’s already going on. 

Even though, like you, I wanted the Southern Caribbean 11-day I would be very happy to switch to an 11-day Seaside out of PC. Somehow I doubt that will be an option for us. 😡

• Like 1

I agree with @kidless I had the original cruise like her moved to a 7 days at the same price I was originally quoted... when I went in to price that 7 days it was the same price .... so no deal for me except $200 OBC. I'm disappointed with MSC I dont think they even looked at peoples accounts or previously sailings bc if they did they would have realized I went on the Mergilvia in Dec 2020. 

I even asked about the 11 days from PC I was told they would need to price it for me no discount. I didnt find the customer service rep from Canada very helpful either. Never have I felt this way with MSC. 😞

Edited by Reenie75

🤬

5 hours ago, Até said:

I agree with you, I'm betting they are wanting cancellations. Although they could be making it very dangerous that people will not come back. Making me 'think' its a good deal and I do all my research and its not well their are other cruiselines I've sailed with. 

6 hours ago, kidless said:

Same here our 11 day on Divina with Aft balcony going to Cartagena & Panama changed to 7 night on Meraviglia no Aft location and Cozumel & Caymen. Not satisfied. Originally their verbiage on the website said 11 day Divina would be changed to 14 day Divina. That has since disappeared now only says will be moved to similar cruise. I called and was told they were locked until July 1 to call back which I did was then told they were still working on them that they’d  send an email..... nothing yet. 

Their email about the cancellation was vague and it appeared that mb it would be ok until I called. Simply NOT worth it. 

15 hours ago, kelleherdl said:
13 hours ago, Reenie75 said:

Their email about the cancellation was vague and it appeared that mb it would be ok until I called. Simply NOT worth it. 

I have still not received an email. Where are you located? I hope they aren’t doing it so people cancelled. I currently have 4 booked cruises with them I’ll cancel them all. 

Not sure why they are playing musical chairs with the ships -- the numbers make no sense.

For instance, I'm a cabin of 4 in the YC on the Divina which has over 20+ rooms for 3+ people, whereas the Meraviglia has only 10 cabins that can house 3+.  How can they transfer people from one ship to another when they can not accomodate?  I am guessing they are hoping people cancel and then play musical cabins but that seems aweful confusing and plenty of room for error.

They should have at least used a ship that can accomodate, like the seaside, seaview, etc...

MSC canada is so disorganized (but side note, it worked out for my August 2021 cruise because they had a price error if you compared the US site vs CDN site).

Edited by xcell