Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Which carnival ship has your favorite atrium. I may be one of few but i like the atrium in the horizon. Love the way it changes. I do not get tired of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping to do my first trip in a Vista class if it doesn't get cancelled. Going to see if the hate against it is really warranted (which I doubt). Other than that, I feel most of the ships are very similar in atrium.

 

I have a hard time believing I will like any of them better than the Mardi Gras.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like all the atriums on current Carnival ships with the exception of Vista class ships. If I had to pick one ship, it would be Liberty with all the constantly changing light colors going up the atrium. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I'm hoping to do my first trip in a Vista class if it doesn't get cancelled. Going to see if the hate against it is really warranted (which I doubt). Other than that, I feel most of the ships are very similar in atrium.

 

I have a hard time believing I will like any of them better than the Mardi Gras.


I will try to keep an open mind, but I have a feeling I am not going to be a big fan of the atrium on Mardi Gras since it will only be 3 decks high like Vista class ships, which I am not crazy about. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, geckoaz said:

Which carnival ship has your favorite atrium. I may be one of few but i like the atrium in the horizon. Love the way it changes. I do not get tired of it.

I agree with the Liberty. Love the wrought iron accents. 😎

Edited by Jamman54
Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the Liberty atrium as well, very pretty. It was awesome at Christmas time. My favorite will always be the Fantasy, the first time I ever walked onto a ship! I was hooked forever. Still get some of that feeling after 35 cruises, but not the same as the first time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Another vote for the Liberty. It's Farcus done right. 

Edited by Tapi
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:


I will try to keep an open mind, but I have a feeling I am not going to be a big fan of the atrium on Mardi Gras since it will only be 3 decks high like Vista class ships, which I am not crazy about. 

 

I must say I did not know that. I assumed by the picture I saw that it was grand and huge. Looking at it again, it definitely looks 3 decks high. I still can't wait to see it. The variety is nice. I do love Carnivals standard atrium, but it loses its allure when you see it every time

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I loved the Dream atrium. I thought it was very majestic when I first saw her, and the violin trio playing elevated above the bar I thought was quite classy.

 

20190727_121440.jpg

20190728_150121.jpg

Edited by Joe817
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to go with the Breeze as favorite and Magic as least favorite. Magic is too green. I feel like I'm in the riddler's lair or something. It does work for Christmas and St. Patrick's day though.

 

That said there are a lot of things I like about the Vista class atrium. The dreamscape is impressive. The full circle bar is great. The fact that part of the bar is up a level so people who can't climb up on bar stools can still sit at the bar is great. And having the stage on the 2nd level is great as well. You want a sore neck? try sitting at the dream class bar and looking at the stage. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That is so true! There's no way you can look at the stage! It's designed to have your drink at the bar & listen to the electric violins,or the singers. 

 

Greg, you're bound to have a ton of pics of atriums. How about posting several of them? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say I have never sailed Vista class, nor do I desire to do so.  Of the Fantasy, Conquest, Spirit and Dream classes, I really prefer the atriums of the Fantasy class.  One succeeding classes the grandeur is overdone.  I might make an exception for Pride.  EM

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

That is so true! There's no way you can look at the stage! It's designed to have your drink at the bar & listen to the electric violins,or the singers. 

 

Greg, you're bound to have a ton of pics of atriums. How about posting several of them? 

 

Glory

 

10BF526C-F0D6-4B23-B083-C7F4DEA829F9.thu

 

F65-F47-AF-2583-4-D85-B74-B-6-CA6-C6-CE3

 

 

 

 

 

Freedom

 

IMG_3596-1024x768.jpg

 

 

 

 

Dream

 

1f92386d11d4bc1124abba54a9f614ac.jpg?w=1

 

 

IMG_2785.jpg

 

 

eb376deeae3102e9a7e6ecc751272412.jpg?w=1

 

 

Vista

 

IMG_5564.jpg

 

IMG_5458.jpg

 

5ECECE81-C036-4F45-8C77-B5F099255930.thu

 

 

Panorama

 

898-A78-E7-C8-CF-4792-933-E-31-AFA2-A233

 

C99-D4770-AB94-4-DA4-B6-D3-CD1426-D0736-

 

 

0D89E9D7-B81A-4D63-A92C-FD16FB98CD5A.thu

 

 

E99C7F73-430C-4F2C-B6E8-B3E4084181C3.thu

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Incredible Greg!! Thanks so much!  👍👍    Love your pics of all your journeys! 


unfortunately I don’t have any from Elation, Triumph, Breeze. Those were before i started taking a lot of pictures. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:


unfortunately I don’t have any from Elation, Triumph, Breeze. Those were before i started taking a lot of pictures. 

You'll get there, I'm quite sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:


unfortunately I don’t have any from Elation, Triumph, Breeze. Those were before i started taking a lot of pictures. 

Elation Dec 2017

enhance

 

enhance

 

enhance

 

enhance

 

enhance

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2020
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...