Favorite atrium

geckoaz

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I'm going to go with the Breeze as favorite and Magic as least favorite. Magic is too green. I feel like I'm in the riddler's lair or something. It does work for Christmas and St. Patrick's day though.

My thoughts are 180 different. Magic is my overall favorite Carnival ship and I think it has one of Carnival’s best atriums and overall is one of Joe Farcus’ best designs. Breeze is way too yellow for me, although I do like the various colored light shades in the atrium. 

1 minute ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

My thoughts are 180 different. Magic is my overall favorite Carnival ship and I think it has one of Carnival’s best atriums and overall is one of Joe Farcus’ best designs. Breeze is way too yellow for me, although I do like the various colored light shades in the atrium. 

The lighter breeze colors are easier on my eyes than the dark green of Magic. And I like that Breeze has the thrill theater which Magic doesn’t. And maybe just luck but I happened to have the best steward and waitstaff I’ve had on Breeze where on Magic my steward was average and I had several dining problems.

4 hours ago, Joe817 said:

That is so true! There's no way you can look at the stage! It's designed to have your drink at the bar & listen to the electric violins,or the singers. 

Greg, you're bound to have a ton of pics of atriums. How about posting several of them? 

I totally forgot about the Magic.

FF1-E54-D2-FA2-A-4572-A872-28-C76-A24119

8-E8750-B1-07-BB-4799-B956-21-FD26-CF195

C3-B13-C86-AC61-4-C1-D-A85-B-432299-E7-D

E117765-C-AB50-4-AA2-972-E-CCAC09-BD0941

• Like 2

I have to admit I like any of the Joe Farcus atriums as they tend to be an open atrium soaring up high. I like the glass covered atriums on Fantasy Class ships.

The newer ship atriums feel too crowded and closed in. 

3 hours ago, linz98144 said:

Yes, it was Micacle! Here's some photos I found at https://officialcruiseguru.com/2016/07/09/carnival-miracle-upgrades-enhance-its-whimsical-decor/  You can see the glass stairs, steakhouse and glass funnel. It really created an awe-inspiring feel each time you did anything in the atrium area. 

img_4577.jpg

img_4934.jpg

That funnel house is cool. But it makes me wonder if they can cram a specialty restaurant in there, why haven’t they done it on more ships? They’re all about monetizing space.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

That funnel house is cool. But it makes me wonder if they can cram a specialty restaurant in there, why haven’t they done it on more ships? They’re all about monetizing space.

I think Spirit class ships are Carnival’s best designed ships, even though they were initially for a different cruise line. Probably why Carnival has never designed another ship similar to the Spirit class. 

• Like 1

Not sure which I like best, but probably Liberty.

I should have some shots of the Breeze atrium, but I apparently haven't uploaded them anywhere.

Here is the only shot of the Sunshine atrium that I have handy - I need to dig around a bit more:

1QYHnWV.jpg