Have You Booked for 2021 ?

I I have a cruise booked for April 2021 that includes free airfare.  My final payment is due December 12, 2021.  I would like to be able to find out what cruising will be like.  If cruises don't start up by then I will be cancelling.   

I have 4 booked for 2021 and 1 in Feb 2022.  I have not booked air yet as we typically fly SW.  My sister and I do have American Airline credits from a cancelled cruise this past April, so will use them when we go on that cruise next August.  I don't ever mind booking SW even before I know if the cruise gets cancelled as I get the credits back with no issues.

Just now, Ashland said:

I have no experience with Air2Sea...only priced it once and it was way more expensive than the first class I booked directly with the carrier. I'll have to price it out....but seeing Delta One for approx $1500pp LAX-SJU for my March time frame. That's very comparable to what I've paid in the past.

I booked Premium Economy, and A2S was about $40 more than directly with Singapore Air. However, if Royal cancels the cruise, I would get a full refund, including the $200 cancellation fee. If I booked directly with Singapore Air, I would have to pay a $200 cancellation fee. I have only used them for International one way flights. I used to go Business, but those seem to have gone way up.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I booked Premium Economy, and A2S was about $40 more than directly with Singapore Air. However, if Royal cancels the cruise, I would get a full refund, including the $200 cancellation fee. If I booked directly with Singapore Air, I would have to pay a $200 cancellation fee. I have only used them for International one way flights. I used to go Business, but those seem to have gone way up.

I just tried to check Air2Sea online but it said I'm not eligible cause I'm on a B2B ??? I'll have to call to verify that detail I assume...no idea why that would make a difference ?

20 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I just tried to check Air2Sea online but it said I'm not eligible cause I'm on a B2B ??? I'll have to call to verify that detail I assume...no idea why that would make a difference ?

I would call. I only have experience with one way, and next year is a B2B, but I only need to fly to Singapore and then end the cruise in my hometown.

We have one cruise in early May of 2021.  We'll book with Southwest as soon as they open the date (they're currently open to January 4, and will open to March 10, 2021 on August 27th.  We're seniors, so RCCL will have to have their stuff together a lot  more than they do now, or we won't take the cruise.  We can't risk it.  But I will book the air as soon as I can, since I can cancel it and get our Southwest points back.  Hope springs eternal!

Pat

7 minutes ago, vistapat said:

We have one cruise in early May of 2021.  We'll book with Southwest as soon as they open the date (they're currently open to January 4, and will open to March 10, 2021 on August 27th.  We're seniors, so RCCL will have to have their stuff together a lot  more than they do now, or we won't take the cruise.  We can't risk it.  But I will book the air as soon as I can, since I can cancel it and get our Southwest points back.  Hope springs eternal!

Pat

We're seniors too and celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary year (yes...the entire year) with 5 cruises booked...fingers crossed and hopeful too !!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

Have any of you felt comfortable to book flights for early 2021 (cruise) yet ?

I posted this question on cruise air but have gotten limited responses...

so thought I might get more here.

Thanks for your feedback.

The world is unlike any time in history.It is not just the virus ,It is the protesting that may never end.It is a football player believing he is quoting Hitler.I have been on the planet 9 decades and it has never been like this .

• Like 3

We were booked for Harmony in November (Port Canaveral)  this year but decided to lift and shift to November 2021.  Our initial plans were to fly in to Orlando and spend a couple of days in Disney prior to sailing.  That's all been shot to h*^# as we have no desire to fly for the rest of the year.   

We are booked in March 2021 ( hopeful-but honestly not looking like it will happen at the moment) We will know more by our final payment in DEC.

Its out of SAN Juan. Thinking cruises might start earlier from Caribbean ports then Florida ports . Not sure, just a thought.

Also have flights booked because we just moved the ones we had booked from this past March. If we can’t go, I’m not sure how that will work. Maybe we will just pay a fee to move them again??? We were not giving a refund here in Canada, just a “free” one time move. 

We have 3 booked for 2021 so far including a bucket list Alaska Trip, not booking flights for any of them just yet....

Also have one left in 2020 in November but whereas I was optimistic for the ones that I've already had cancelled this year I really don't think it will go ahead.

11 hours ago, Ashland said:

That’s weird!  We typically use A2S for one way international travel when sailing a TA and almost always do a B2B or longer.  Have never gotten that message so yes, definitely call.  Who knows what’s going on now with the “new normal”? 

• Like 1

We are booked on the Jewel for a B2B2B that starts in Barcelona on 10/5 and winds up in Fort Lauderdale. No air purchased as flight schedules don't open up until 330 days prior to depature date...........will most likely use Air2Sea. We do have other cruises booked for 2021 and 2022 but no air needed.

I think we're on the same British Isles cruise next July on Jewel? I had a reminder set in my phone that went off two days ago to make sure I was looking at air fare, expecting to get it in August.  I must have set the remind months ago!  At this point, I am less than 50% confident that we will be going on that cruise, so as of now I'm not booking air.  I think I will be watching what happens over the next 5 months, and when the itineraries come out for summer Europe cruises for 2022, I might just try switching the cruise to July 2022.  

15 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

We'd have this figured out by then, shirley

Like you, we won't book any air until we have more information. 

And if we have to, we will drive to the port.  Not my first choice, but do-able from Atl to Mia.  A drive for you, not so much! 😊

I have to agree -- a drive from Tel-Aviv to Miami will be quite "complicated".... since the only way out of here is by air... Sadly, no cruise ships start from Israel 😢

Dani

We booked our flights through Air2Sea way back in February for our Aus/NZ B2B2B next Feb/March when itineraries first came out. Only saw 2 options, both were non-refundable, so I snatched one, which includes United Air/Air Canada going over and Air Canada returning. Some parts are first class on UA, and Air Canada seats are economy going over and business class returning, which is probably why it was so pricey! Wish I would have waited for the later flights to come out, which would have saved me a lot of $$ and would have been refundable fares to boot! Hoping our cruise goes cause Air Canada is not known for refunds! Good luck to you! Cheers!

We have 3 booked for 2021, Explorer 12 nights Miami to Galveston, Liberty 7 nights Caribbean (L&S) and Odyssey 14 nights TA . 

Here's to safe travels soon. 

3 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

I think we're on the same British Isles cruise next July on Jewel? I had a reminder set in my phone that went off two days ago to make sure I was looking at air fare, expecting to get it in August.  I must have set the remind months ago!  At this point, I am less than 50% confident that we will be going on that cruise, so as of now I'm not booking air.  I think I will be watching what happens over the next 5 months, and when the itineraries come out for summer Europe cruises for 2022, I might just try switching the cruise to July 2022.  

We're booked on Celebrity Reflection for July 2021...British Isles...got an amazing rate, 4 perk package, aft sky suite  ( just a bit more for my suite than RCI was offering for a JS at the time) and love the itinerary.

I of course considered Jewel (we leave on the 30th...you I believe on the 15th) as we've been on her many times...but just couldn't beat what X was offering at the time. Over 25+ with RCI and this will be my 2nd with X.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1

We have 3 booked. MSC 3 night in February, NCL 10 night Greek Isles in June and Royal 7 night in December. We had the June cruise booked before the pandemic (prices are over $2000 higher now) and we lifted and shifted the December cruise from 2020. The Feb cruise is for our anniversary and was dirt cheap (<$450 including taxes + $100 OBC for 2 in a balcony).

We can drive to the Feb and Dec cruises. We will wait for a while before booking flights for June. All are refundable until final payment. We have a total of $250 total in deposits laid out between the 3 cruises. We will cancel prior to final payment if cruising hasn't resumed by the final payment date. We don't have confidence in going on the February or June cruises (maybe 50/50), but we want to have the opportunity to go if we can while minimizing the financial investment now.

• Like 1

We have two cruises, an NCL seven day Med in Sept 2021 and an RCL 9 day Carib in Dec 2021/Jan 2022; we also have a land based vacation in April 2021. We’ll look for opportunities on last minute cruises too; we’d like to try MSC if we can.  And of course we’ll have a back up plan 😊

I have a L&S from November 2020 to November 2021 and that's only because it was a NR deposit - at this point I have nothing to lose by moving it and I don't have to think about final payment for over a year.  By then the virus will either be under control or if not we will have more important things to worry about than cruising.