Are vaccines the light at the end of the tunnel?

SC is opening 55+ on March 8  and CVS has opened a whole slew of appointments. Wife, myself, and close friend are going to a CVS about an hour away on March 9, and they have already scheduled us for shot #2 for March 30.. (My 65+ appt is not available until April 9. Looking forward to cancelling that one!) Ourss is Pfizer acc to confirm.

2 hours ago, mimbecky said:

Ummmm I don’t know about that. Isn’t this what is going on now with advice on delayed vaccines? First the CDC said it was ok to get a vaccine 4 days late, then up to 6 weeks from first dose (2 weeks delayed for Moderna), then I heard today up to 7 weeks. To my knowledge there have been no studies/data to substantiate this. A doctor on the news the other day said they really didn’t know - it could be ok months delayed but it is just a guess. As for me, I am still waiting for #2 and I know others who have been rescheduled twice so far. I think they are saying increasing delay is ok because there really is no alternative.

?????   We had appointments rescheduled 2 weeks ago for a couple days when the state ran out of vaccine.  All cancelled appointments were rescheduled and vaccinated within a week.  Not sure why no alternative as dose numbers up last week and this week again.

Would like to see where CDC said to space doses by another couple weeks.  There was a shortage when FedEx was pretty much shut for 4 days.  Over now with our state open to more groups now.  Almost 1.3M with 2 doses in AZ.  Another 650K with one.  Expect all that want vaccine to have jabs by May.