Current QM2 Wine List, Drink Prices and WiFi Prices

asdf1245

Hearing that QM2's South America 73 Day cruise may be cancelled very shortly due to the 

Coronavirus spreading throughout South America.

Its possible a new 2022 World Cruise for the QM2 will be announced by Cunard in the coming

few months.

Therefore, we're not looking at doing this World Cruise if it is indeed confirmed by Cunard.

We last did the World Cruise in 2014 on QM2.    So I daresay the drinks prices, WiFi prices

etc etc have all changed.

Is there anywhere where I can see the current drink prices for wine, spirits, as well as the 

current WiFi prices?   Are there any daily packages offered by Cunard now for both drinks

and WiFi?   None were offered back in 2014.

Many thanks for your assistance.

3 hours ago, asdf1245 said:

Hearing that QM2's South America 73 Day cruise may be cancelled very shortly due to the 

Coronavirus spreading throughout South America.

Its possible a new 2022 World Cruise for the QM2 will be announced by Cunard in the coming

few months.

Therefore, we're not looking at doing this World Cruise if it is indeed confirmed by Cunard.

We last did the World Cruise in 2014 on QM2.    So I daresay the drinks prices, WiFi prices

etc etc have all changed.

Is there anywhere where I can see the current drink prices for wine, spirits, as well as the 

current WiFi prices?   Are there any daily packages offered by Cunard now for both drinks

Do not have cocktail list

Don't forget Cunard do allow wine/spirits/champagne/Liquors/mixers to be brought on board at embarkation and during the voyage.

Plus on a WC Voyages albeit the whole or segment/s, there is the issue of the Thursday Voucher, where you are allowed to purchase Liquors from the Duty Free Shop and take immediately back to your Stateroom.

Wine Packges

https://www.cunard.com/content/dam/cunard/marketing-assets/pdf/life-on-board/drinks-packages/wine-collections-brochure.pdf

2018 Wine List

pdf;charset=UTF-8&X-Amz-Signature=9abcd0

8 hours ago, asdf1245 said:

...Is there anywhere where I can see the current drink prices for wine, spirits, as well as the 

The first post of this thread has the 2018 wine list as an attachment

Here is what I have for wifi package pricing. This is from QM2 last November. There are no daily wifi packages, just packages for a certain number of minutes.

30 minutes = $15

120 minutes (Gold loyalty package) = $45 

240 minutes (Platinum loyalty package) = $80

480 minutes (Diamond loyalty package) = $135

960 minutes = $220

1,920 minutes = $330

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Wouldnt worry about onboard prices for drinks or packages or wi-fi because I have no doubt that by the time they sail again  they will have increased in prices.

I think you're quite right. By the time things resume and with the likely need to reduce passenger numbers yet still attract people to book, the upfront cost will rise but not enough for them to make the profit they need so I suspect every on board cost will rocket 😞 

3 hours ago, wenlyn said:

I think you're quite right. By the time things resume and with the likely need to reduce passenger numbers yet still attract people to book, the upfront cost will rise but not enough for them to make the profit they need so I suspect every on board cost will rocket 😞 

As if it isnt already higher enough as it already is price of drinks extortionate and as for the shops even the Cunard memorabilia is very expensive.

On 7/11/2020 at 4:47 PM, majortom10 said:

As if it isnt already higher enough as it already is price of drinks extortionate and as for the shops even the Cunard memorabilia is very expensive.

To that point, what is the memorabilia offering like? I love a good bit of tat!

• 1 year later...
17 minutes ago, travelzork said:

Curious about the wifi service. Is it available everywhere? What are the speeds like? Is it decent in the cabins?

Also, if you have two Diamond passengers, do they both get the Diamond internet package? 

You are likely to get a variety of opinions about the quality of Cunard's wifi service. I'll take a first stab at answering your questions. I've only ever used the wifi on QM2 so my experience is confined to that ship.

1) Not sure if by "everywhere" you mean everywhere in the world or everywhere on the ship. Wifi is generally available throughout the ship. I can't say how well it works throughout the entire ship though since there are quite a few places I haven't actually tried to use it.

2) In my experience, the speed ranges from disappointing to adequate for basic Internet browsing. Do not expect speeds anywhere near broadband speed or the higher speeds offered on some other lines such as with VOOM on Royal Caribbean or MedallionNet on Princess.

3) The wifi has usually been decent for me in cabins, but reports do tend to vary about that. I have had a few occasions where internet access has frozen up on me while using wifi in our cabin. That can be especially frustrating using Cunard wifi where everything is metered by the minute once you have logged in. Do not simply turn off your device if wifi stops responding for you. Unless wifi has gone down throughout the ship, you will need to complete the logout process on your device for the meter to stop running.

4) Yes, if you have two Diamond passengers, each is entitled to a complimentary 480-minute internet package. You'll create a separate internet login account for each passenger. Each account is entitled to a separate complimentary internet package based on the Cunard World Club status of the passenger associated with the account.

• 7 months later...
On 7/10/2020 at 12:16 PM, bluemarble said:

Here is what I have for wifi package pricing. This is from QM2 last November. There are no daily wifi packages, just packages for a certain number of minutes.

30 minutes = $15

120 minutes (Gold loyalty package) = $45 

240 minutes (Platinum loyalty package) = $80

480 minutes (Diamond loyalty package) = $135

960 minutes = $220

1,920 minutes = $330

Anyone have an update to these numbers by chance?

Cheers

Done some testing (lots) on QM2 in our cabin on the Hamberg trip we had in Feb -> mostly as I foolishly had not set phone to "hardcode" to a UK network so it roamed on ship and gave me a £50 bill then shutdown.

Two tips, if on a mainland nearby cruise (ie, UK to say Hamberg) you'll be in reach of land based 3/4g from cabin window most of cruise but you need to set the network to "manual" and to never roam onto the ship network effectively.   (in manual on an iphone it will then refuse to hit the ship).   This actually worked to give BETTER than the QM2 wifi consistently.

But when on the $45 gold package (we hit Gold actually during the trip but paid to test access ahead of the 21 day cruise we have booked for Christmas) -> ie to test if I can work if required, the results were as following:

In room wifi (tested on deck 6, deck 12 in a friends cabin) both was "bad" on mobile, "okay" on an actual Microsoft surface, roughly speaking good enough for general browsing/video in both cases, youtube was poor quality.   

IN public area wifi, was far more "snappy".   You are BEST using wifi in the Carinthia Lounge or Pub on QM2 from our experience (or the Library).   Didn't try Britannia dining, nor the Chart room as couldn't get seats in either when had laptop to test.   Effetively NOTICEABLY faster in those area's ... it's as if the ship prioritises service to those areas versus the room.   Full signal in both locations for reference.   A full edition of FT downloaded to ipad in ~ 2 mins in public areas .. ~10 mins in room.

So in future, we'll be downloading a daily paper every day in the public areas.    Note the FT app is excellent for this if you have a subscription available -> downloads quickly, tells you when done, then you just logout in browser, and read offline.

6 hours ago, GonzoWCS said:

Anyone have an update to these numbers by chance?

Cheers

Spoke to Cunard today. They are introducing a new format for WIFI prices

Premium Pkg

$20.00 per 24 hours (not per day) if you book for the entire cruise,

$30.00 per 24 h ours if you book by the day

standard Pkg

$15.00 per 24 hours if you book for the entire cruise

$20.00 per 24 hours if you book by the day

Diamond Members will receive a $135.00 credit to be applied to the above

I did not ask about other levels

this will be introduced on QM2 on March 20

supposedly faster WIFI

I think Diamond members etc. are loosing on the deal. Who stays on for 24 hours? I prefer going on an hour or two each day of the cruise...will n ot be able to do that any more!

Example: We are  Diamond Level and are boarding for a three week cruise,  according to the new set up I will have access to wifi for 6 twenty four hour sessions, I don't know where the extra $15. will be used

I did not ask if we can combine my husbands $135 with mine, then we would be able to have an extra 24 hour session

Little by little Cunard is chipping away at our "perks"

11 hours ago, Queen of the Queen said:

Premium Pkg

standard Pkg

supposedly faster WIFI

I think Diamond members etc. are loosing on the deal. Who stays on for 24 hours? I prefer going on an hour or two each day of the cruise...will n ot be able to do that any more!

Example: We are  Diamond Level and are boarding for a three week cruise,  according to the new set up I will have access to wifi for 6 twenty four hour sessions, I don't know where the extra $15. will be used

I did not ask if we can combine my husbands $135 with mine, then we would be able to have an extra 24 hour session

When you spoke to Cunard regarding this new Wi-Fi package, did they tell you how it could be purchased ( pre-cruise on website or after embarkation)?  Thank you. 

11 minutes ago, Rck1999 said:

When you spoke to Cunard regarding this new Wi-Fi package, did they tell you how it could be purchased ( pre-cruise on website or after embarkation)?  Thank you. 

I didn't ask since we are Diamond Level we will each automatically  receive a  credit towards this which will appear on our bill on board when we purchase the 24 hours on board.

5 minutes ago, techteach said:

@Rck1999 Our Cunard agent told us to never buy anything ahead of the cruise that can be purchased on-board, specifically the wifi package.

I would agree apart from the occasional must do Cunard tour which has limited availability as in ''when they're sold out, they're sold out''.

12 hours ago, Queen of the Queen said:

Premium Pkg

standard Pkg

supposedly faster WIFI

Interesting.

If accurate, acceptable [just] for a short cruise of a week, not so for a fourteen day plus cruise which doesn't have segments from which to double up the perks.

4 minutes ago, GonzoWCS said:

Thanks everyone for being so kind and getting us answers to our questions.  This is our first Cunard cruise and we are trying to understand things.   

Cheers

Purchase on the day of embarkation, then one can use OBC and qualify for any extra free minutes.

To assist….

For Email etc, login - download - then immediately log out, repeat immediately logout.

Attend emails and replies etc - Login - Send - Logout - repeat don’t forget to log out.  
Just switching off or closing one’s appliance does not stop the time clock running.

When Cunard Server freezes one’s screen (and it does from time to time), go directly to GS or Library and tell/show what happened, because one is charged during the freeze period, as one has “failed” to logout.  Cunard are used to this happening and will credit lost minutes.

32 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Purchase on the day of embarkation, then one can use OBC and qualify for any extra free minutes.

To assist….

For Email etc, login - download - then immediately log out, repeat immediately logout.

Attend emails and replies etc - Login - Send - Logout - repeat don’t forget to log out.  
Just switching off or closing one’s appliance does not stop the time clock running.

When Cunard Server freezes one’s screen (and it does from time to time), go directly to GS or Library and tell/show what happened, because one is charged during the freeze period, as one has “failed” to logout.  Cunard are used to this happening and will credit lost minutes.

They are usually pretty understanding when you forget to log out - providing you don't do it too often.

Being Diamond, we each get a large amount of time before we would think of adding minutes.

True with slow connection and speed difficulties, there maybe a time to have to purchase.

I remember some good deals on board announced in the Daily Program.