Diamond Club Theory when we return

51 minutes ago, twangster said:

Multiple lounges requires multiple sets of crew.  Reduced capacity includes reduced crew.  I don't see them doing something that increases demand on crew resources. 

However, each lounge has fewer people in it, so the staff can be spread out.  The staff actually WANT to work the D and above lounges:  more pay, because the tips are in cash.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Drinks in the lounges are unlimited.  They added the three drinks to sea pass cards because of the over crowding in the lounge.  They also now allow you to use your three drinks in the MDR and specialty restaurants in an effort to reduce the demand at bars.  People drink in the lounges and then also use their three drinks on their sea pass card in the MDR.  There are going to be changes and eliminating the lounges and increasing the drinks on the sea pass to 5 is just one of the ideas that makes some happy.  

According to the C&A Website, this is the benefit you are entitled to:

6. The Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event is a benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members and cannot be extended to include friends and family. The event will take place approximately between the hours of 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Three nightly drink vouchers will be loaded on the member’s SeaPass card to be used in venues throughout the ship. 

Again, just because they let the drinks flow doesn't mean you are entitled to unlimited booze during HH.  There is no written policy that I am aware of that says you can drink as much as you want during the event at the lounge and use your coupons at the bars.  This is something Royal has allowed but is not guaranteed.  They could easily close the lounge and still provide this benefit.

• Thanks 1

Just now, molly361 said:

I never understood why they they started allowing people to use the drinks on their sea passes in the dining room.  Kind of defeated the whole purpose of them IMHO

Maybe to cut done on the push for drinks to go from the lounge prior to traditional seating times or to take the pressure off the bars close to the MDR?  It also could be to cut down on the amount of glasses being carried into the MDR or dropped on the way.  Not sure.

Just now, reallyitsmema said:

Maybe to cut done on the push for drinks to go from the lounge prior to traditional seating times or to take the pressure off the bars close to the MDR?  It also could be to cut down on the amount of glasses being carried into the MDR or dropped on the way.  Not sure.

Thank you!  Very sound logic! You are not suppose to remove food or drinks from the DL. However, it happens all the time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, badvector said:

6. The Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event is a benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members and cannot be extended to include friends and family. The event will take place approximately between the hours of 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Three nightly drink vouchers will be loaded on the member’s SeaPass card to be used in venues throughout the ship. 

Again, just because they let the drinks flow doesn't mean you are entitled to unlimited booze during HH.  There is no written policy that I am aware of that says you can drink as much as you want during the event at the lounge and use your coupons at the bars.  This is something Royal has allowed but is not guaranteed.  They could easily close the lounge and still provide this benefit.

They can close the lounge and take away the benefit completely too.  The fact is the drinks flow with no limit.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

They can close the lounge and take away the benefit completely too.  The fact is the drinks flow with no limit.

The fact is they can close the lounge, provide you with three drinks and not take away any benefit.  Trying to say they should give 5 to make up for the lounge closure is asking for more than what you are entitled to according to the benefits as written.

Edited by badvector

2 minutes ago, badvector said:

The fact is they can close the lounge, provide you with three drinks and not take away any benefit.  Trying to say they should give 5 to make up for the lounge closure is asking for more than what you are entitled to according to the benefits as written.

You are not limited to three drinks in the lounge whether you want to agree with that or not.  Royal Caribbean is aware of that fact and has been tracking drinks on cruises on some ships prior to COVID.

Have you ever actually been in a diamond lounge?

• Like 1

In reality,  how long has the DL provided free unlimited drinks?

Some people will drink more than they should regardless of what we say or think.

RCI cards you when you went in the DL and recently started to card you every time you ordered a drink in the DL. 

This happened the last time we were on RCI Nov 2019. Don't know if they continued after that. There was a big thread on that subject early this year. RCI said they were carding in the DL each time you ordered a drink to control inventory. 

Bottom line - people will drink 3, 5 or more if it is offered free. What about those that waste food on the ship? Plates are never big enough to hold all the food I can eat. Shame on you. Biggest cost/waste here, more than booze!

• Like 1

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

I can honestly say I have never had a drink in the DL. I have poked my head in on occasion to take a peak. 

M8

You get a drink package and sail suites.  We don't go in the diamond lounge much anymore because of crowding and will go to the suite or concierge lounge more now that we are sailing mostly suites.  Sometimes we don't even do that because of crowding there too.  The three drinks are more than enough for me and most nights fine for my DH so we will go sit and watch trivia in the Schooner Bar.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, badvector said:

And they can change the Loyalty Program at any time much like hotels and airlines have. Nothing is guaranteed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Oxo said:

In reality,  how long has the DL provided free unlimited drinks?

Some people will drink more than they should regardless of what we say or think.

RCI cards you when you went in the DL and recently started to card you every time you ordered a drink in the DL. 

This happened the last time we were on RCI Nov 2019. Don't know if they continued after that. There was a big thread on that subject early this year. RCI said they were carding in the DL each time you ordered a drink to control inventory. 

Bottom line - people will drink 3, 5 or more if it is offered free. What about those that waste food on the ship? Plates are never big enough to hold all the food I can eat. Shame on you. Biggest cost/waste here, more than booze!

We sailed Mariner in February and they were still keeping track of drinks in the diamond lounge.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, badvector said:

Where does it say how many drinks you are allowed? The only qualifiers are that you must be Diamond and above, DL hours are 5 - 8, 3 drinks on card that may be used during HH and for drinks on the DL drink menu.

Is there a limit specified on the drink package? Princess does clearly state a 15 drink limit/ day. 

The suggestions made were 5 drinks per day, any time,  any bar, and any dining venue. 

30 minutes ago, badvector said:

There is no written policy that I am aware of that says you can drink as much as you want during the event at the lounge and use your coupons at the bars.  

Nor is there a written policy that says you are limited to three free drinks in the lounge.  As a matter of fact, simple observation shows that RCCL agrees that there is no drink limitation in the lounge.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

You are correct.  Indeed, it was one coffee a day.  RCCL had the nerve to say that was to make up for kicking us out of the CL.

The CL expulsion was to.

Enhance Your Cruise!!🤔

Some compensation 😭

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Where does it say how many drinks you are allowed? The only qualifiers are that you must be Diamond and above, DL hours are 5 - 8, 3 drinks on card that may be used during HH and for drinks on the DL drink menu.

Is there a limit specified on the drink package? Princess does clearly state a 15 drink limit/ day. 

The suggestions made were 5 drinks per day, any time,  any bar, and any dining venue. 

No limit on the drink package.  Lounge you can drink as  much as you can get delivered to you and I've seen some order two at a time in the DL/CL.  But, once again, a posted has an "idea" and people act like it's going to happen.  None of us know.

55 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

You get a drink package and sail suites.  We don't go in the diamond lounge much anymore because of crowding and will go to the suite or concierge lounge more now that we are sailing mostly suites.  Sometimes we don't even do that because of crowding there too.  The three drinks are more than enough for me and most nights fine for my DH so we will go sit and watch trivia in the Schooner Bar.

To be clear. We don’t get the DP for the quantity but the quality. Some of the Diamond alcohol and wine is garbage. Big discount on Caymus too with the DP. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Oxo said:

In my opinion only, not going to happen. Not now, not later. 

Complaining about the CL just got them converted to the SL. Complain about the DL and it just might become the Pinnacle Lounge. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

You are not limited to three drinks in the lounge whether you want to agree with that or not.  Royal Caribbean is aware of that fact and has been tracking drinks on cruises on some ships prior to COVID.

Have you ever actually been in a diamond lounge?

What they have allowed and what you are entitled to are two different things.  I have quoted policy directly from the company website.  Can you provide me a link to the policy that says I am allowed unlimited drinks during HH? 

Yep, been in the lounge. Still doesn't change the policy as it's written.  

36 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

And they can change the Loyalty Program at any time much like hotels and airlines have. Nothing is guaranteed. 

No argument with that.  They can and when they do it is usually to reduce the benefits.  

23 minutes ago, Oxo said:

I quoted it above.  The benefit that you are officially entitled to is 3.  Here is the link for you   Linky here

The benefit specifically states: Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event with complimentary drink vouchers

The nightly event WITH complimentary vouchers (not unlimited).  If you follow the footnote it specifically says 3.

22 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Nor is there a written policy that says you are limited to three free drinks in the lounge.  As a matter of fact, simple observation shows that RCCL agrees that there is no drink limitation in the lounge.

Actually, there is.  Again it is quoted above. 

Observation does not create a policy as it applies to a benefit that can be changed at any time by the company.  What is officially in writing is the official policy that they can fall back upon.  It's as simple as saying we weren't aware at the corporate level that this was occurring and we are now going to fix it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, badvector said:

What they have allowed and what you are entitled to are two different things.  I have quoted policy directly from the company website.  Can you provide me a link to the policy that says I am allowed unlimited drinks during HH? 

No argument with that.  They can and when they do it is usually to reduce the benefits.  

I quoted it above.  The benefit that you are officially entitled to is 3.  Here is the link for you   Linky here

The benefit specifically states: Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event with complimentary drink vouchers

The nightly event WITH complimentary vouchers (not unlimited).  If you follow the footnote it specifically says 3.

Actually, there is.  Again it is quoted above. 

Observation does not create a policy as it applies to a benefit that can be changed at any time by the company.  What is officially in writing is the official policy that they can fall back upon.  It's as simple as saying we weren't aware at the corporate level that this was occurring and we are now going to fix it.

Except the HH with 3 drinks are in addition to access to the Diamond club.  If you read the full list of benefits, they are listed separately 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, badvector said:

What you choose to continually quote refers to the Diamond Event that is/was?  held in a lounge on ships that do not have a diamond lounge.