The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

35 minutes ago, ctjon said:

From 2 years ago - wish it were now. Symphony in Portland, ME.   Boy do we here miss seeing all cruise ships this time of year

She’s a classy lady with classy lines! 

• Like 2

October 22 is the last day until early December that I don't have multiple sunrises to choose among.  This was taken one year ago from QM2 on the way to Europe for Crystal Bach, Crystal Serenity, and finally Crystal Symphony:

dawn1022.jpg

Roy

• Like 4

Special to @BWIVince

You mentioned earlier familiarity with the area around Whole Foods in Columbia Town Center.  Yesterday a new park was opened and it's dedicated to 102-year-young resident Vivian "Millie" Bailey.  A veteran of WW2, her park will house the county Veterans Memorial but already features a kid's playground.

bailey1.thumb.jpg.a6313ba28c1ac95939e38a

This spunky gal also recently ticked a sky dive off her bucket list"

Roy

• Like 3

I sailed Allure of the Seas first revenue Westbound transatlantic in 2015.  I have posted a couple of photos from QM2 on the way to Europe then but my first sunrise from the Allure was October 24:

dawn1024.jpg

Roy

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I sailed Allure of the Seas first revenue Westbound transatlantic in 2015.  I have posted a couple of photos from QM2 on the way to Europe then but my first sunrise from the Allure was October 24:

dawn1024.jpg

Roy

Seeing a sunrise from a board of a magnificent ship is like one of those one time, one life time experiences that you will remember. The very first sunrise from a board of the ship is still kept in my memory as a good reminder of those good old times back in a day 

• Like 3

Today's sunrise is from a trip that hasn't been represented yet.  A number of my trips have evolved from something I missed in a prior trip.  In 2007 I sailed Silversea Rome to Dubai and got document too late to visit the Valley of the Kings in Egypt.  A couple years later I filled that gap by booking a Nile River cruise but missed out on a tour to Alexandria I the day before the tour started.  When Serenity had a nice tour visiting Alexandria in 2010 I booked it, followed by another med cruise on the Wind Surf, and QM2 back home from Southampton.  This is the sunrise our last day in Alexandria, October 25, 2010.

IMG_2830.thumb.JPG.d88b32cb1a93aad9b9e74

Roy

• Like 4

Today's sunrise is from yet another string of cruises but did not happen near water.  In 2014 I sailed QM2 to Europe and returned on the Wind Star.  October 26, 2014 was a  Sunday  and I started the day at my fire house which was offering a breakfast, continued to my church, and finally to New York to await QM2.  The sun came up while I was at the fire house.  My office is in the wing at the right of the photo:

dawn1026.jpg

Roy

• Like 3

A couple days ago I posted a sunrise from my fire house.   Today's is from that same 2014 trip and is still on land.  Before boarding QM2 and connecting to the Wind Star I spent 2 nights in New York at the Harbor House B&B, the host for the New York Harbor Webcam.  This was taken from Harbor House before boarding QM2 later in the day:

dawn1028.jpg

Roy

• Like 2

I have only a couple of sunrises on this trip.  In 2001 I had a River Cruise through the  Gorge on the Yangtze.  It became an intimate small group tour.  October 29 was actually the morning we left Xian to board our ship.

y2917030.jpg.4d958973bf339d77cd202de983c

Roy

• Like 3

Today's sunrise is the first from yet another cruise.  I was supposed to be on the ship but wasn't.  I was supposed to board the Crystal Symphony October 31 (2012) in New York but Superstorm Sandy got in the way and I watched the sun come up November 2 in Charleston.

newday2.jpg

Roy

• Like 3